i need to create a chart from data from one workbook in another wo

hi
new to excell so please be kind.  i need to create a series of charts from
different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another
seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first
workbook.

i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one
workbook to another

please help

Mark
0
Marko30 (1)

Hi,

An easy approach would be:
Make the charts in the workbook containing the data.  Cut and paste those
charts into a new workbook.  The charts are still linked to the original
workbook.  If you make changes in the data, the charts would reflect those
changes.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Marko30" wrote:

> hi
> new to excell so please be kind.  i need to create a series of charts from
> different sets of data in one workbook, and have the charts show in another
> seperate workbook, and update automaticly when the data changes in the first
> workbook.
>
> i know how to create charts, its just that i can't get it linking from one
> workbook to another
>
> please help
>
> Mark

hal!KfLowerIrql change data in system memory for SCSI miniport dri
Hi: I'm working with a SCSI miniport driver, and I encountered a very strange problem that I don't know how to handle. Plz help me figure it out, Thanks a lot! I'm trying to write a driver to present a ram disk. I have a FPGA based PCI card, but the RTL in FPGA is unable to handle the DMA operations. So I define a byte array in DEVICE_EXTENSION to present a 16MB RAM. All the data transfers and DMA operations are between the array and system memory. Question 1: I've finished the driver and it works almost successfully, but during the '...

data input in text box

Using part of a cell in a chart title

MS Money 95 data files

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Creating new attributes

Sorting Data #5

adding name /creating field/query?

Need help with Auto Filter

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

Embedded Chart Versus Chart
I've created a class module to capture a Shift+Click on a pivot chart, which then opens the data associated with that point. It works great on pivot charts on their own sheet, but when I use the same code on an embedded chart, it fails (error code -2147417848). Everything seems to work fine, it derives the same row and column values as needed, but the ShowDetail property is unavailable in the embedded charts. Anyone have any insight? james Igoe || james.igoe@gmail.com || http://code.comparative-advantage.com I eventually solved my problem, simply using "On Error Resume Next&...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg