i need to convert from UTC time to Local -7 hours offset

i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7 hours from
UTC (GMT)
0
Morris (15)

Hi
simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that
1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com...
> i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7
hours from
> UTC (GMT)

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/12/2004 5:55:16 PM
I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract
-7 hour for a time colume
"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that
> 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com...
> > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7
> hours from
> > UTC (GMT)

0
keivn (2)
10/12/2004 6:43:15 PM
Hi Kevin

=A1-7/24

Cheers
JulieD

"keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract
> -7 hour for a time colume
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that
>> 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com...
>> > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7
>> hours from
>> > UTC (GMT)

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/12/2004 6:48:23 PM
sorry that should be
=A1-7/24

the extra + is not needed

"keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract
> -7 hour for a time colume
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that
>> 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com...
>> > i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7
>> hours from
>> > UTC (GMT)

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/12/2004 6:49:55 PM
Hi
if A1 contains 12:00 enter the following in B1:
=A1-7/24

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

keivn wrote:
> I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will
> subtract -7 hour for a time colume
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore
>> that 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag
>>> i need to convert data from UTC time to my local time witch is -7
>>> hours from UTC (GMT)
0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/12/2004 6:53:10 PM
Hi thats a start now it is a decimal number.  do I have to multiply this by a
seconds or miniuts conversion  This is what I need as a final product below

the desired results would be
  A1          A2
16:36:20     09:36:20  (this is the final number -7 hours from 16:36:20

"JulieD" wrote:

> sorry that should be
> =A1-7/24
>
> the extra + is not needed
>

> "keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will subtract
> > -7 hour for a time colume
> > "Frank Kabel" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> simply subtract (add) the appropiate time to your cells. Just nore that
> >> 1 hour in Excel is equivalent to 1/24
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Frank Kabel
> >> Frankfurt, Germany
> >>
> >> "Kevin Morris" <Kevin Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> >> Newsbeitrag news:52B7A37B-CC11-4313-A450-E010421789E9@microsoft.com...
> >> hours from

0
keivn (2)
10/12/2004 7:05:02 PM
Hi
just format this cell as Time

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi thats a start now it is a decimal number.  do I have to multiply
this by a
> seconds or miniuts conversion  This is what I need as a final product
below

> the desired results would be
>   A1          A2
> 16:36:20     09:36:20  (this is the final number -7 hours from
16:36:20

> "JulieD" wrote:
>
> > sorry that should be
> > =A1-7/24
> >
> > the extra + is not needed
> >

> > "keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will
subtract
> > > -7 hour for a time colume

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/12/2004 7:07:41 PM
YOu don't have to do any conversion. Just change the format. You can do that
with the format painter by painting the format from the source cell.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:05:02 -0700, "keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi thats a start now it is a decimal number.  do I have to multiply this by a
>seconds or miniuts conversion  This is what I need as a final product below
>
>the desired results would be
>  A1          A2
>16:36:20     09:36:20  (this is the final number -7 hours from 16:36:20
>
>"JulieD" wrote:
>
>> sorry that should be
>> =A1-7/24
>>
>> the extra + is not needed
>>

>> "keivn" <keivn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried that can you give me an example I need a formula that will
subtract
>> > -7 hour for a time colume

0
anonymous (74722)

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Color fill after converting to pdf
When I fill a text box or auto shape with a solid color, after converting to pdf (primo) it suddenly shows as a type of plaid pattern. I have double, triple and quadruple checked and I have not selected any type of patterns, and all my settings are normal. Working on a recent file that I shared with a friend, her filled boxes are NOT showing this same pattern after converting, only mine. What could be causing this on my program only and what can I do to fix it? Are you certain you are not applying transparency? Is your friend using the same PDF converter? What version Publisher? Mic...

Elapsed time between rows
How can a query be written that will tell me how much time elapsed between any two items? For example, how much time elapsed between test1 and test4? xAN xTime xText 1 9/22/2007 3:29:15 AM test 2 9/22/2007 3:29:17 AM test1 3 9/22/2007 3:29:20 AM test2 4 9/22/2007 3:29:22 AM test3 5 9/22/2007 3:29:26 AM test4 6 9/22/2007 3:29:29 AM test5 Use a subquery to get the nearest prior time If subqueries are new, here's an example: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord -- Allen Browne - Microsoft...

Time Zone chagnes in 2003
I have read some articles about changing your time zone without effecting the times of appointments by exporting and reimporting, but all these KB's seem to apply to previous versions. Is this still the only way to accomplish this in 2003? And if so what will I loose if I do this (any effect on reoccurrence, linked contacts, categories, labels, locations, show time as, and all day events)? Or does anyone know of any way to do this easier (with a 3rd part app perhaps)? Thank you! it works for all versions. AFAIK, you won't loose anything, but you can try it with a few to see ...

Script to convert "" to _T("")
Does someone is aware of a script/application that can parse files or directories and transform source code in UNICODE. I mean replace : "" by _T("") LPSTR by LPTSTR .... char by TCHAR avoid to replace "" by _T() with special kewyword (pragma, extern "C", ...) ? "mosfet" <john.doe@anonymous.org> ha scritto nel messaggio news:46e002f6$0$24992$426a34cc@news.free.fr... > Does someone is aware of a script/application that can parse files or > directories and transform source code in UNICODE. > I mean replace : > "" ...

Licensing
I just bought a copy of Office Special Media Edition and installed it on my desktop. I only use my laptop when I'm not at my desk, so I can't use both machines at once. My question is whether I am allowed to install this license on the laptop too if it's not being used concurrently on the desktop? Or, do I need to buy a license for the laptop even though they won't be used at the same time? I did a search, but wasn't successful in finding my answer. Thanks! As far as I know, yes, you are allowed to use the same license on the laptop, for your use when you are not using th...

Custom dat & time code
Does anyone know if it's possible write a custom cell-format code that=20 would look like the one Excel provides (mm/dd hh:mm AM/PM) but sets the=20 time in red? I've tried "mm/dd [RED]hh:mm AM/PM," but whenever I save = it,=20 Excel moves the red bracket to the beginning of the code so the whole = thing=20 is red. Help! Any ideas? I don't think you can. You can't format formulas like this (character by character). And you can't format numbers this way, either. (Anyway, I couldn't do it.) Wuddus wrote: > > Does anyone know if it's possible ...

Time formatting issues
I am nearly finished working on my latest project, a data entry GUI in VBA (2003), and have run into difficulties dealing with time values. Brief project background: It is a simple data entry form which takes various bits of flight data and enters them onto a spreadsheet. The key entries I'm having trouble with are 'Time' values. Two fields are automatically populated with the appropriate 'Departure' and 'Arrival' times based on a 'ListIndex' run during initialization, which allows values for the 'Flight Numbers'. An 'If...Then' stat...

Arrgh!..Need OW Help Please
Let me preface by saying I am using this document http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html as a guide. I have not configured any SSL options yet because I can't get it to work. Trying to build Exchange 2003 Frontend/backend on my LAN. Front end is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 SP1 and Backend is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 (no SP1). After installing Exchange on the 2nd server (to be the new Front-end), I am able to create a mailbox in it's own store and access it via OWA from a Win2000 Pro workstation. This mailbox resides on the 2nd server's own store. I then en...

Embedded PDF object in web page: OneNote is launching and opening PDFs at the same time as Adobe Reader
I have a Windows 2008 Server machine with Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, and IE8 installed. When opening a web page with an embedded PDF control (using <object> tag and Adobe Reader's CLASSID) in IE8, the PDF appears properly in the Adobe PDF control embedded in the web page, but at the same time, OneNote launches separately and opens the same PDF. How do we stop OneNote from doing this? We have XP Pro machines with Office 2007, Reader 9, IE8 that do not exhibit this behavior. -- Paul -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have a Windows 2008 Serv...

SBS2008 - Activesync
Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 today and configured their mobiles. They really *hate* that their mobile handsets are locking after a short period of inactivity. Is it down to this policy setting ? Activesync - Maximum inactivity time lock 15mins They either want this lengthening considerably or want it disabling altogether. They want to choose when they want to lock their phones. What's the score regards this ? They want it to work the same as it did on their old SBS2003 server. Jim wrote: > Just put a whole bunch of users onto SBS2008 toda...

Need helps about importing and etc.
I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment Overview, Installation Requirements, Terminology, Upgrading, Configuration, Import/Export, Limitations, and so on? thanks, Jay K Partner Source http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/partnersource.mspx -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "JayK" <JayK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD41CE8-6B86-45A0-A2EA-A61A91CFB482@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment > Overview, Instal...

Word 2007 Show Markup checkmarks and Date/Time Issue
Hi, I have a new HP desktop computer and finally got Word 2007. I have two questions. In the Review section of Word 2007, the Show Markup subsection has checkmarks for ink, comments, etc. as the default selection. Is there any way to change this default and uncheckmark them so it isn't automatic? I have looked everywhere online for a solution and can't find one. Second, in the bottom right-hand corner of my monitor, the time is showing as usual. However, when I first got my computer (last week), it also showed the date (I loved this feature). After re-starting my compute...

Need to change pic viewer in Excel
When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which causes multiple browser windows to close if viewing several linked pictures. This is an Excel newsgroup. You should post your question to a WindowsXP Pro newsgroup. HTH Otto "rgroff" <rgroff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46469ECB-F3B4-4F33-9FAC-8496239F14C2@microsoft.com... > When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX > viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which...

convert decimal to inch & fraction
CAN YOU FORMAT A CELL TO CONVERT DECIMALS TO INCH & FRACTION OF INCH? Hi! How small a fraction? To 1/64? 1/128? Goto Format>Cells>Number tab>Fraction From the Type drop down select either: Up to 2 digits Up to 3 digits Biff "davepatrob" <davepatrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53725676-F949-4A68-9D7A-CBE94BEDB47E@microsoft.com... > CAN YOU FORMAT A CELL TO CONVERT DECIMALS TO INCH & FRACTION OF INCH? ...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

IMAP service started but the protocol needs to be started under SysMGR
I have a W2K3 and Exchange 2003 server with no error messages in the event viewer. Even though IMAP is listed as started under Services, I had to go to Exchange System Manager to go to the server, select protocols and then start. There are no error messages in the Event viewer - can anyone tell me how to start this service automatically? It is currently set for automatic in Services but that isn't doing it (even though it says started) If you stop the service with the virtual server online it should be online when the service is again started. You might have to refresh but it shoul...

Converting text and listnum fields to multi-level lists
I have many documents with numbered paragraphs. They use a mixture of text, listnum fields and multi-level lists to achieve the numbering. How can I convert them all to multi-level lists using VBA? ...

Creat a chart to show peak usage times for a resource
I'm no genius at Excel (2002 or 2003)and I could really use some help on the best way to display some data I have. What it shows is the usage of a training drop-in room, with details of the arrival time and period spent / per user / per day. There seems far too much data to put into a chart in any way that I can think of, but I really would like to be able to illustrate the spread and volume of clients throughout each day. Please can anyone give me simplistic information on how best to creat this as a visual report so that we can easily summarise usage information? Any ideas would be ap...

How do I add time when some of the increments are less than an ho
Please put your question in the body of your message. The question you asked (assuming you meant "hour" rather than "ho") is very broad. ...

Need help with SQL
SELECT DISTINCTROW OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.To, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Subject, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Received, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.Contents, OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1.CountOfImportance INTO OUTLOOK_APPROVEt2 FROM OUTLOOK_APPROVEt1 WHERE Received >= date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 month) and Received <= date_sub(curdate(), interval 1 day) WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; I am having trouble with the Where portion. I would like for this query to reveal all the emails over the past physical month. Example February 1st I would like to be able to collect the data for all of January. Any help would be greatly...

Converting numbers into text
Hi, I am trying to convert numbers into text. I have tried formatting bu it does not work. I am importing these excel data into SAS and SAS doe not recognize the formatting. I think I need a quick way to add a apostrophe in front of all my numbers, how? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I did try formatting the cells, but this does not really change th number into text.... I want there to be an error in the cell, that is, I want excel to tel me that...

Convert Organiser
What is the best way to import all my data/info from Lotus organiser ver 5.02 to outlook 2000? TIA -- Charles Harvey I don't have OL 2000 in front of me, but if you go to file | import/export, import from another program or file, I think you'll see a Lotus Organizer 5.x choice.... Charles Harvey wrote: > What is the best way to import all my data/info from Lotus organiser > ver > 5.02 to outlook 2000? > TIA In message <eBHW0UPdEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com&...

Balance column in statements NEEDS to be a running balance!
We are using RMS Store Operations and have been haunted by the statement that comes standard with the software. Customers that really read their statements are completely dissatisfied with the way the balance column computes. Some customers have gone as far as refusing to pay off of them with out us re-printing their invoices and penciling in the correct amounts to prove the final balance... NO GOOD! The statement that I am referring to only occurs when we are using a revolving account type and the Radio Button for "Due after invoice date plus" is checked, we set ours for ...

I need to know on the structure of data of Manufacturing Order Processing