i need to add a row between each line of data

0
anonymous (74722)

see same question by Robin. Homework or coincidence? <G>

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"rena warner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Don

Import Inventory Data
Hi Folks I'm a newbie to RMS and played around with the demo DB. I have just setup a new database. Configured the system, currency, taxes, etc. Manually added a few suppliers, customers and items. Now I would like to put the system thru it paces by importing some my INVENTORY, CUSTOMERS and SUPPLIERS. All of the above information is available to me via CSV, Excel, Access - etc in whatever format and order I chose to produce. I played around with some of my SQL tools looking at the RMS DB - but not sure what all the tables, dependencies and fields represent. Any help or guidance would be ...

Debra Dalgleish-help with worksheet data entry
Hi Debra, I browsed your website and found this new data entry worksheet(http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html) which was very good and i showed my boss.He liked the idea of it and thus asked me to work on it.I managed to add a few more fields and it worked fine. I have a cell named "Documentation to support requirement" at B11 and its corresponding text box at D11.My problem now is that at D11, i need two kind of controls one is drop down list box for document type and another control is text box for document name.How do i achieve this? i need both of this control's answer to b...

i need help please
i got this work and i need the fomula to add the total of x that i hav in that columm. ex a b work 1 james x 2 joseph x 3 dental 4 weather x 6 total 3 ? i need the formula that would add all the on that cell i really appreciate your help thank yo -- marinekille ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marinekiller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3661 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56355 =COUNTI...

one line display in Entourage 2004
Does anyone know how I toggle email display between one and two lines? Thanks Duncan On 2/23/08 1:28 AM, in article ee8e83b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Duncan_Alldridge@officeformac.com" <Duncan_Alldridge@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I toggle email display between one and two lines? Can you explain what you mean by this? It's unclear to me. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Hi Diane, I mean ...

code needed
I have a list of companies along with their address information going straight down column A. There are extra spaces between companies and their corresponding information. I want there to be only 1 blank cell, and not many. This way I can use code supplied before to sort info for my purposes. here is a sample: A's Supply 207 Hurontario Collingwood, ON L9Y2M1 705-444-9214 Fax: 705-444-9214 Action Sanitation Products 2 North Street North Perth, ON K7H3M7 613-264-8440 Advantage Products Company 94 Vine Hamilton, ON L8R2A9 905-528-6631 Fax: 905-528-1337 Alfa In...

Pivot table data source #2
How can I edit the source (mdb file) for a pivot table in Excel? We have several sources of data stored on a local hard drive and need to be able to move them to the server for all to use. We also develop in one location and then move to a production environment. I will need to edit the source for this also. I was able to find something on the internet about a .oqy file for editing the source of an olap. I assume I will be looking for something similar to this. Where would the query file be stored by default? I'm using Excel local to my computer, but the files are on the se...

Working with imported data
Hi! I'm working with different spectra from different chemical analysis. The output from the instrument is a text file (.dx/.dat)typically 500-1000 lines long and in two columns (30-50 kb). I want to import these into excel and manipulate them addition/ subtraction/ mulitiplication with different factors and also calculate certain parameters based on these spectra (each in a separate column). What is the best way to import/ work with such files? I usually do a text import and paste all relevant spectra into a workbook, where I also do all calculations and graphing. The problem is that t...

Combo Boxes getting data from Work Sheet.
I have a User Form that has a combo Box on it. Is it possible for the Combo Box to get it's Data from a Work Sheet in the same Work Book as the User Form instead of doing in Code as follows: With Me.Engineer_2 .AddItem "1" .AddItem "2" .AddItem "3" .AddItem "4" .AddItem "5" .AddItem "6" End With The reason I ask is because I would like to be able to set it up as follows: Combo Box 1 = Customer 1 Combo Box 2 = State Combo Box 3 = Site ID User Picks the Cust...

Excel Data Markers, Limit Qty
Currently use XY Scatter Charts to plot data with 401 or more points. When I take each curve and add markers to it, so many data markers show up that it obliterates the curve and makes it hard to tell where the true curve is. I have tried making them smaller but by the time you make them small enough they become hard to recognize within the line itself. Is there any way to limit the number of data markers? Something that allows me to put a data marker every 10th, 100th, etc point? From the Excel Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 ...

How do I concatenate all the detail lines in a report
I am using Access 2007 for an Aircraft History and would like help with the report The detail of the report has lines such as: First flight, Merlin C No. 11 , Watts Z2390, Brooklands, (pilot P. W. S. Bulman) 6-11-35. Second flight, Merlin C No. 11 , Watts Z2390, Brooklands, 11-11-35. Third flight, Merlin C No. 11 , Watts Z2390, Brooklands, 23-11-35. Is there any way of concatenating these lines to give a tidier report and would also save on paper. Regards Mike Taylor How is the data stored in your database? Table and field names with datatype? Post some ...

row area total in pivot table
After each row group, i want to displat total row for that group. How can i do it in pivot table. As column group totals are available bt not row group totals Thanks ...

RMS Consultant needed
Looking for a consultant to write some code that will allow us to run a Stored Procedure or SQL code from a custom button. The SP or SQL code is basically creating a new kit itemlookupcode from a parm that is passed to the SP or SQL code. I had this working as a trigger since it was policy to create a kit for each new item being created that belonged to a particular department and category. Now policy has change and the kits are created as required. I have the sql code so it should be too big a project to do. Email me if you are interested in doing this project. I will provid...

Row Height Screen Tip
I'm using Excel 2007. I've noticed my screen tip indicator that shows the row height when adjusting them is gone. Is this a lost functionality in 2007 or have I done something. I know that you can right click a row and see it that way, but the ScreenTip is far more convenient. Just as an FYI, I already tried Excel Options -> Popular -> ScreenTip Style -> Show feature descriptions in ScreenTips. Thanks in advance! Does the column header screen tip work? Perhaps you have a video adapter driver issue if they aren't showing up? Intermediate Experience Us...

delete row and automatically renumber column
This is probably a piece of cake for this NG : - (For example) I have a small data base (any # of columns by any # of rows) I wish to delete an entry and have the left side column automatically renumber itself rather than having to manually (drag) to renumber the column. Is this possible? Please help. Thanks, Gra The numbers do not change when you delete a row. If you are using a column with row numbers in in why not substitute the row function in the formula instead or =row() or =row(a5) and copy down -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Graham Hill" <hill...

Line chart with vertical bars
Hi! I have a normal line chart (eg a chart with atwo lines. one showing the price of pepsi and the other showing the price of Coca cola). On the x-axis I show the dates. Now on certain dates I want to insert bars into the graph to highlight to the view that something has happened. The bars shall go from the top to the bottom of the chart. I have tried doing that by creating a "time series" for the bars ie showing a very high value on the dates that I want to highlight and zero otherwise. this did not work. I also tried adding Highest-Lowest bars to the bars but they spilled...

Excel Chart auto data highlighting anomaly....
Hi, Over the years I have created many excel charts. Sometimes I will just select the data range, and then click the chart button; sometimes I just start with the chart button. Some of my charts have what I call AUTO HIGHLIGHTING. When I click a blank area in the chart (line charts, embedded in the sheet), the X & Y data ranges are automatically highlighted in blue and magenta. If I click on one highlighted column and drag to expand the range, the other automatically follows. I have many other charts, created the same way, that do not exhibit this behavior. On t...

Add mailbox to a users Outlook automatic
Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or to do it in the Exhange 2003 Server? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions /Allan E You should use Outlook Profiler... very simple to deploy... "MTR01" <someone@something.com> wrote in message news:uI0UhxPEGHA.344@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add a mailbox to a users Outlook 2003 without having to > manually go to "add email account" on the client. Some way to script it or > to ...

Need macro to remove duplicate rows in a wksht with same order#
I have and extracted csv file tha i need be able to write a macro that will eliminate the duplicate rows with the same customer order number. Thanks, G2 Use Advanced filtering: Pull-down: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter… Click copy to another location Click List range, clear it, and highlight your table Clear Criteria range or leave it blank Click Copy to and select an un-used area in the worksheet Click unique records only -- Gary''s Student "G2 in AUS" wrote: > I have and extracted csv file tha i need be able to write a macro that will > eliminate the ...

Sum data in workbook 1 and write result in workbook 2
Hi, I need some help with excel macro! I have two workbooks. Now I need to sum all cells with some date criteria from first workook and result must be inserted in cell in second workbook (for example in cell A1) WorkBook1 data example Column B (dates) Column C (payroll) 12.05.2005 1200 12.05.2005 5000 14.05.2005 3100 14.05.2005 8800 17.05.2005 3550 .... For example: sum all values in column C where date in column B is 12.05.2005 and put result in workbook 2 in cell A1 Thanks for help. Martin You don'...

Add contact to Opportunity
Hi, I want to use a contact in the opportunity field besides the account field. Then we can attach a contact from the account to the opportunity which isn't always the primairy contact. But when editing the entities "Contacts" isn't showed. Any thought on how this can be done? Regards. J Hi, If your question is that can you add addition contact lookup field in opportunity form than answer is not really in supported way. You cannot define new relationships between existing brebuilt entities. You can only define relationships with custom entities. Either you define a...

How do I chart a function (equation) in excel; not a data series?
Excel 2007. Is there a way to create a chart of a polynomial function without populating a data series? example: with the function Y=mx+b, can I define 'm' and 'b' and then produce a graph showing how 'Y' changes with 'x' without creating a table of these values first? No. -- David Biddulph "fluwoebers" <fluwoebers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40BE0231-C79B-4FC0-893F-E676747396DC@microsoft.com... > Excel 2007. > Is there a way to create a chart of a polynomial function without > populating > a data series...

Data Validation
Hi, I'm trying to apply data validation to a range of cells, the rules are that the user must enter a numeric value >0, or enter 0, the cell can't just be left blank. Any help is welcome. I don't think Data Validation is going to do that. What is the driver that is going to force the user to do anything? In other words, what do you want to happen if the user doesn't follow your rules? An example of what can happen: If the user doesn't follow the rules, and attempts to close or save the file, a message box will pop up saying whatever you want it t...

issue refreshing data from microsoft query from within Excel
the error is: The Microsoft Office Access databaseengine cannot open or write to the file (blah, blah, blah)....It's already opened exclusively by another user, or you..... Help? ...

Export to Excel Problem
Dear all, I'm trying export a search result from the Form View by using the following command. Public Sub cmdExport_Click() Dim fileName As String fileName = InputBox("Export Excel file name:", "Enter file name") DoCmd.OutputTo acForm, "SearchRecords", "MicrosoftExcel(*.xls)", "c:\" & fileName & ".xls", True, "" End Sub However, as a result, for all the fields which the field type are MEMO and containing data exceed 255 characters were cutted down to only 255 characters in the exported excel file....

Entourage Crashing: "Entourage cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database"