I need open or gain access to an external file

Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open or
retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user.

Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is
only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because they
do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public.

Is there a way to do this?

Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file
placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it?

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"P.Grieshop" <P.Grieshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open
> or
> retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user.
>
> Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is
> only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because
> they
> do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

0
Luke
3/17/2010 6:30:05 PM
I am using a business computer. What I want is for the "normal" user to be
able to run an excel program that pulls information from the server/admin
part of the computer. the "normal" user has no reason to have access to the
data base file other than to pull the information into a excell spread sheet.
I could go into much more detail, but the bottom line is that I need to be
able to do it this way. I know both user logins and passwords. I could easily
login under admin and run the spread sheet, but my other employees would not
be able to. Hope this cleared things up, or at least confused you more. :)

"Luke M" wrote:

> Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file
> placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> "P.Grieshop" <P.Grieshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open
> > or
> > retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user.
> >
> > Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is
> > only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because
> > they
> > do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?
>

> .

If you don't allow access to the database, then it will be denied to the
user, you should consider read access if the user needs access.

P.Grieshop wrote:
> I am using a business computer. What I want is for the "normal" user to be
> able to run an excel program that pulls information from the server/admin
> part of the computer. the "normal" user has no reason to have access to the
> data base file other than to pull the information into a excell spread sheet.
> I could go into much more detail, but the bottom line is that I need to be
> able to do it this way. I know both user logins and passwords. I could easily
> login under admin and run the spread sheet, but my other employees would not
> be able to. Hope this cleared things up, or at least confused you more. :)
>
> "Luke M" wrote:
>

>>Doesn't that sound like it would defeat the purpose of having the file
>>placed where you can't/shouldn't be able to get to it?
>>
>>--
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>Luke M
>>"P.Grieshop" <P.Grieshop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Here is my problem and I hope someone can help me out. I am trying to open
>>>or
>>>retrieve data from a file that is only accessable from a different user.
>>>
>>>Example: If you are logged in under user and need to access a file that is
>>>only available under admin. The files are unavailable under user because
>>>they
>>>do not need to be tampered with. These files cannot be made public.
>>>
>>>Is there a way to do this?
>>

>>.

0
Bob