I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates #2

I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off.  I need a formula that
will add column b if column a is betwee two dates.  For example: if column a
is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b.  I have tried all different
formluas but can't get this to work.
0
Pam1 (264)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100>DATEVALUE("9/22/04")),--(A2:A100<DATEVALUE("9/21/05")),B2:B100)

check out
for details on the sumproduct function

"Pam" wrote:

> I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off.  I need a formula that
> will add column b if column a is betwee two dates.  For example: if column a
> is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b.  I have tried all different
> formluas but can't get this to work.
0
julied (23)
4/18/2005 5:01:03 PM
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:34:03 -0700, Pam <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off.  I need a formula that
>will add column b if column a is betwee two dates.  For example: if column a
>is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b.  I have tried all different
>formluas but can't get this to work.

=SUMIF(A:A,">="&DATE(2004,9,22),B:B) - SUMIF(A:A,">"&DATE(2004,9,21),B:B)

You may find it more convenient to but the Dates into cells, in which case
merely substitute the cell reference for the DATE function in the above.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Linking files 2 ways

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

New to excel

More Columns #2

Count If Formula #4

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Contacts in Exchange #2

Goal Seek #2

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

I need a macro

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Date/Day
Hi, How do I make Excell tell me the day that the Date corresponds to. Example: If I have 8/7/03 in a column, I want to be able to enter a formula in the next column such that Excell would tell me it is Thursday Thx Omer Omer, Look at the WEEKDAY function. From Help Syntax WEEKDAY(serial_number,return_type) Serial_number is a sequential number that represents the date of the day you are trying to find. Dates may be entered as text strings within quotation marks (for example, "1/30/1998" or "1998/01/30"), as serial numbers (for example, 35825, which represents...

Increment A2 from A1 and A2 Sum #2

Formula for cross tab data filling

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...