I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet

I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours)
 not .3 (39.3 hours)

What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting?

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours)
> not .3 (39.3 hours)

0
nicolaus (2022)
9/29/2004 6:37:14 PM
try
=MROUND(F2,0.5)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours)
>  not .3 (39.3 hours)

0
Don
9/29/2004 6:50:14 PM
Hi
see:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.Rounding.html#time

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com...
> I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5
hours)
>  not .3 (39.3 hours)

0
frank.kabel (11126)

V-lookups #3
Hello, I have two data sets of checks and I want to cross reference these data sets to find the checks that do not appear on both data sets. Somebody told me I could do this using V-lookups but I don't know how to do this. If anybody could help me out, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Chris Cross-referencing two data sets can mean a number of different things to different people. If you give more information about your data sets and what you want as results, perhaps it would help to determine whether VLOOKUP() is the right tool... In article <FBE43C54-4421-4200-B65D-326B2994...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #3
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

Weight Totals on Purchase Orders
It would be helpful to have a Weight total field on Purchase Orders, taking the weight of each item and multiplying it by the quantity ordered and totalling it at the bottom. I cannot seem to locate any kind of report/worksheet giving weight info even for a manual calculation. Automating this would be best. This would be very beneficial for stores who receive shipping discounts based on the weights of their orders. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &qu...

Chart Count over Time
I have a list of errors in an excel sheet. I was hoping to use a line graph to chart the types of errors over time. Each entry has a "Type" column and a "Date" column. I want the dates entered automatically as to better reflect the trends over time and at the same time have a different line for each type of error. I am still fairly new to using charts in excel. Thanks I'd probably create a series for each "Type" and then plot the graph using the date as X and the Types as Y1, Y2, Y3, ETC. "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Exchange Queues #3
I have one Exchange 2003 sp2 server running. I got a call from a user saying they sent an email earlier but had not gotten a reply. They then when to their external personal email account and sent themselves an email to their work account but had not received it. I then went to the exchange queues and saw that they were just building up,,, nothing was processing out from them just emails going in. 1- went to event viewer on exchange for system and noticed several Warnings for SMTPSVC stating "SMTP could not connect to the DNS server XXXXXX. The protocol used was UDP. It may ...

Excel password #3
I forgot the password for my excel file. I have tried some programs such as Accent Excel password recovery, advance office password recovery. Neither did work. Sang. Well, your options are to either remember the password or find a recovery program that works for you. No guarantees - if you picked a really good password it will be tough to break it. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Sang-Wook...

changing entry's quickly #3
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple way to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero at the start of each product. Thanks -- cj21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390953 ...

Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies.
can any one please tell me how to do this one even any example or links to do will be appreciated Create an XLIFF editor using C# and .Net 3.5 technologies. Requirements: The tool should be able to perform the following: * Open an existing XLIFF file * Save the modified XLIFF file * Display the Id (read only) * Display the un-translated text (read only) * Display and edit the translated text (read/write) o Changing the text should automatically change the state to translated * Display and edit the translation state as a Boolean (is translate...

create time sheet
I need help creating a time sheet for my employees See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm the page also has links to other timesheet examples Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Indica" <Indica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7439CF12-F440-4EF3-8682-FB1E21CD1F20@microsoft.com... > I need help creating a time sheet for my employees I have a sample timesheet at www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm .. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Indica" <Indica@discussions.microsoft.co...

Meeting times off by one hour, durations wrong
Since the DST change, a few of our users have reported that certain events on their calendar are now one hour off. And the meeting length shown in the top part of the invite window is different from the length shown in the description field or in the calendar view. The affected events appear to have been scheduled with our local time zone specified (odd... maybe the organizers originally scheduled them in a foreign time zone and later switched them back to our home time zone?). Here's what one event looks like when we open it: Event time zone: Pacific Standard Time (Displayed)...

Macro to change flag reminder date +/or time on many messages at once?
This is one I haven't tried to fix before. I have a special use for Outlook. Besides regular messages, I send myself "To Do's" to and from home marked with a special phrase when it's a To Do that has rules that mark it with a flag, etc. In either work or home, a lot of those To Do's need to be deferred to a different time or day. It's been tedious as I have to change each manually. Now I made it easier some time ago by putting a flag option right on the toolbar so at least I don't have to open each message. The preview pane is on for this folder and I th...

Exchange 5.5 log viewer?
Is there a better log file viewer for exchange 5.5 logs other than notepad? I'm trying to view the logs and they are garbled. I know that it is not being decoded properly with notepad. What logs are you talking about, if your talking about Message Tracking logs, then use the Message Tracking feature via Exchange Administrator. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jason Gallas" <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote in message news:d96of01h3rjrg2df34bubj1utmb8vrva6r@4ax.com... > Is there a better log file viewer for exchan...

Trim function #3
I am joining two columns of data(first and last names) but also need to trim the blank spaces. How is this done? example: col1 col2 smith debra result of join col3 debra smith (with extra spaces) should be debra smith (without the extra spaces) Thanks for your help! Marianne =trim(a2)&" "&trim(a1) **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Marianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021c01c4a64b$cbab84b0$a301280a@phx.gbl......

Combining multiple files into one work sheet
Good afternoon, I have multiple files single worksheet files (30), each in it's own directory that I would like to have combined into a single workbook. Each file name is unique, however the midships of each file contains the date the file was created "C:\XVG001\XVG001_20090713_Reviewed.xls". Is there any way I can create a function or macro that will pull these files from their respective directories and combine these sheets automatically into one workbook? Thanks Try this add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/t...

Need to delete autoshapes
I have a document with 1,000+ Autoshapes. I need to get the Autoshapes out of the doc because, though they are supposed to be WHITE and therefore NOT PRINT, they are printing BLACK!! (They are not visible on-screen.) Is there a way to globally search/replace or search/delete Autoshapes? They are not in the header/footer. I stupidly used Autoshapes (lines) as layout guides in a mail merged doc that, now print-ready, is 500 pages long and which cannot be rebuilt without considerable effort because many of the merge fields have been converted to images, many of which, in turn, we...

What about obsolete MakePrivate method functionality in CRM 3.0?
Previous version of CRM (1.2) supported methods MakePrivate and MakePublic for CRM objects. That way, it was possible to hide objects from other users and share them with particular ones. I see that CRM 3.0 does not support these methods any more. Is there a new way to pertain same functionality in CRM 3.0? Any other methods with same functionality? ...

Office 2011 Excel Beta 3+ cell right-click context menu won't work
I've been running the beta versions of Mac Office 2011. Up until Beta 3, I could right-click in an Excel cell and get the context menu as expected. Now, starting with Beta 3 and into Beta 4, I have lost that functionality. Has anyone experienced this? I can't find a preference/setting that would bring this feature back. This is very frustrating and I can't figure out what may have changed to cause this. On 7/14/10 10:17 AM, in article 8980e35e-864d-491e-a5d9-d11a494da5aa@u4g2000prn.googlegroups.com, "Michael Barry" <4mjbarry@gmail.com> wrote: > I've be...

run time error '-2147023170 (800706be)
I am getting this error when I never received it before in office 03. My local client was upgraded to office 07 and Win7 and now I get the above error or runtime 462. The error occurs at B.CloseCurrentDatabase. The other code works however I would like to close the database at the end of performing the tasks. This worked fine and faster in office 03. Sub DMRList() Dim B As Object Set B = CreateObject("Access.Application") B.Visible = False B.OpenCurrentDatabase ("G:\Robert\Compliance Shell\QADBASE_MASTER_20091207....

Need help merging a CSV with SQL data
Hi there, I have a shop with an e-procurement site that allows me to update a price list by downloading a CSV file, making the changes, and then uploading it back into there system. The CSV file has the following headings: @UKID - there unique ID for each products Item Name - the name of the item Part NO - our unique ID for each product Price - the price for the product I have an SQL view that shows our unique ID (Part NO) and the price. How can I merge the CSV and the SQL view? Our system does not have the @UKID code, but I don't think it needs it if I can easily merge the 2 toget...

Run-time Error 2585: Unable to Close Form
Hi, I need some help here, no matter what I do I can not close the FS form. On my FS For I have on single text box (tlogin) and I am using the Enter event to to some "systems checks" then launch the Main Form (FMAIN) Private Sub tlogin_Enter() On Error GoTo Err_Command_tlogin_Enter If IsNull(Me.tlogin) = True Then Exit Sub End If var_user = Me.tlogin 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON TC If emp_is_tc(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON TC 'CHECK IF EMP IS ON DBA If emp_is_dba(var_user) = False Then 'EMP IS NOT ON DBA, EXIT SU...

Select sheets from an array for printing
I need Help!! I have a workbook with hidden sheets, I want to search the visible sheets for those with value greater than 0 in C2 then print them. Can someone show me where I am going wrong with this code? Tahnks Sub PrintSelectedSheets() 'will print sheet with a value >0 in C2 For Each Sheet In ThisArray.Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5", "Sheet7", "Sheet9")) Sheet.Activate If Range("C2").Value > 0 Then ActiveSheet.PrintPreview End If Next End Sub Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim shStyle As L...

Move mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003
One of my clients are using NT4 with Outlook 98 against an external Exchange 5.5 They have no admin rights on the 5.5 server. They are now moving all users to XP with Outlook 2003 and an own Exchange 2003 (different domain) Is it possible to use some "move mailbox" wizard? How? or... Should every NT4/Outlook98/Ex5.5 user export their mail to a .pst file and then at their new XP/Outlook 2003/ import the .pst with Outlook into Exchange 2003? About 20-25 users. Tomppa On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:04:26 +0300, "Tommy Forsman" <tofors99@hotmail.com> wrote: >One...

Archives #3
I am trying tidy up someone's laptop. (Win 2000 Outlook 2000). The pc has several archived .pst files on it. Most of them quite large. I know that some of these files contain the same emails. How can I merge these pst files into one pst file without creating loads of duplicated emails in that file. There are far too many to just combine them and then remove the duplicates by hand afterwards. "Import" does not seem to give the option to import from another pst file, or am I missing something somewhere? Any help much appreciated. Geoff. Gloop <somebody@last.needsme&g...

Journal #5
Is there a way to have Journal record activities in a non- microsoft program ?? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Mike asked: | Is there a way to have Journal record activities in a non- | microsoft program ?? OK >-----Original Message----- >No. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact....