I keep getting "disk media is not recognized. It may not be form.

I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing it...help :o)
0
Emerald1 (2)

Hi
are you saving directly to a floppy disc?. If yes: Don't do this!!!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Emerald wrote:
> I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing
> it...help :o)
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Trying to "Grey Out" unwanted fields in a data entry form
I have a table with about 20 fields, one of them being "Analysis Type". There are 6 of these types. I then have a form in my self- made switchborad with 6 command buttons, all allowing the user to choose which type of analysis he wants - which then leads to the appropriate form. Now, what I am trying to do is make one big generic data entry form for each analysis type. For instance, if the user selects analysis type "X", then the generic data entry form comes up with all fields in the form listed, but the ones not pertinant to that analysis type are "greyed out&quo...

How can I get data from one worksheet into another exsiting worksh
Here is my case: I already have 2 worksheets both include 2 columns: Cell & Site Name. WorkSheet A includes all the cells and site names; WorkSheet B includes only a small portion of Cells. Now what I need to do is to get the site name for each cell in worksheet B. I don't want to manually copy & paste. Is there any way to speed up? Thanx! Cell Site Name T50MB7 T73MA7 T73MA8 T73MA9 T04MV9 T04MW7 T34MK7 T34MK8 T51ME1 T51ME2 T51ME3 T04MV1 T34OR2 T34OR7 T34OR8 Sabrina, you can use the VLOOKUP formula to fill in your Site Names in Worksheet B. Example: =VL...

Keeping my cash expenses from subtracting the cash balance
I have Ecell 2003 and I have just started a Family budget. I have inputed everything and it is working fine,Till I input what I pay for in cash and it also subtracts from my cash balance. I do not want that, I want a clear picture of where I am spending my money, Not to alter something to make it add up to my checkbook. I woould apperciate any help. Thank you I'm certainly confused. When *I* spend cash, it makes *my* cash balance lower. Have you found a way to spend money that doesn't? If so, please elaborate. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a qu...

How do I get the header to print out for e-mail messages?
For some reason, I am unable to print out the header of e-mail messages and it only prints out the message but not the time/date, subject, To..., From...., etc. Does anyone have an idea how to get this back on? Aloha yoda_the_webmaster, I'm guessing you're using Outlook 2003 (or earlier?) with Internet Explorer 7. That's a known issue that the IE team is working on. In the meantime you can either try and go back to IE6, upgrade to Outlook 2007 (which is unaffected because it doesn't use IE to print HTML messages) or edit the message and change the format to Rich T...

how do i get "click on" in recieved e mails to work
WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO CAUSE THE "CLICK ON" TO GO TO THE INTENDED WEB SITES. WJONES1122 <WJONES1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER > WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET > EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO > CAUSE THE "CLICK ON...

Why pEnumIDList->Next get "My docs" twice?
Hi, I call pEnumIDList->Next to emun all items under desktop. Part of my code is like below: while ((pEnumIDList->Next(1, &pID, &nReturned) != S_FALSE) && (nReturned == 1)) { pSpecialFolder->GetDisplayNameOf(pID, SHGDN_NORMAL, &Sret); StrRetToString(Sret, name); pSpecialFolder->GetDisplayNameOf(pID, SHGDN_FORPARSING, &Sret); StrRetToString(Sret, path); } In first round, name is "My docs"...

Get rid of Double Space in Calendar Notes ??
When I cut and past test into calendar notes for an event the text is double spaced. I change the font but can never delete the blank line of the double space. How can this be cleared out ??? ...

OMA Problem Getting Desperate & Running out of Ideas
Hi I am looking to roll out OMA through my corp, but can't seem to solve this prob I am having with logging on I have been through the available papers and there none out there which apply to this or work for it I enabled OMA on my local Exchange 2003 box which is running Server 2000, the OMA directory in IIS contains the correct mailboxes. However when I connect through I.E6 to http://servername:port/oma, I seem to sucessfully logon, but then get then get blocked with a HTTP 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR page cannot be displayed screen. I also get this when I browse OMA through IIS. Though I...

after crash form displays #Name?
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Getting Compaq to Boot With 4 Gig Memory
We have a Compaq W8000 workstation with 4 GB of memory installed. Unfortunately Windows can only retrieve and use about 3.61 GB of that. It looks like the BIOS of various cards might be locking up part of the first 640 KB of memory? Can anyone give some advice on how to get Windows to get use of the full 4GB of memory? -- W On Mar 9, 7:40=A0pm, "W" <persistent...@spamarrest.com> wrote: > We have a Compaq W8000 workstation with 4 GB of memory installed. > Unfortunately Windows can only retrieve and use about 3.61 GB of that. = =A0 It > looks like...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Form not loading right
Access 2003. I have a data entry form. I have an option group set up so the user can select the active patients or the inactive patients. Right now when I open the form, the radio button for active patients is selected but the inactive patients are actually showing. I have to click the inactive radio button then re-click the active radio button for the active patients to show. The option group is located in my form header. What's going on? I think I need to do something with the on load property of the form? Right now I have a macro to maximize on load. I looked at the other...

set up pop email account keeps saying verify email
How do I verify an email account if I can not set up the account in outlook to begin with? Use the Mail Applet in the control panel "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4A95632-F17F-4814-B364-CA7CC8BACFE0@microsoft.com... > How do I verify an email account if I can not set up the account in outlook > to begin with? > check with your ISP for exact details on setup -- Neil "help" <help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4A95632-F17F-4814-B364-CA7CC8BACFE0@microsoft.com... > How do I verify an email ...

Non-modal forms and multiple documents
I have a non-modal form over my documents for convenience tools while I am working with it. Essentially a constantly-running macro until the form is closed. It is set to automatically run upon opening the file. The macro/form is based off a template file so that if I send the document to someone else, they won't get the macros, since they don't need it. The problem I am coming across is that if I have documentA loaded, with the macro running, and open up documentB for reference. Instead of running a separate process of the macro, it takes over the macro running with ...

W-2 Magnetic Media
We are just getting to the point where we will soon need the "U.S. W-2 Magnetic Media" Module for GP 9.0. I have people that want to save money and wish me to create the file from SQL calls. Has anyone done this and how hard would it be to get the format correct for the MMREF format? Is there a compelling reason, some needed feature, to get the module? Wth all the padding, the exact format that you need to get etc...I think it would be well worth your time to look at Greenshades for this, and proably state reporting too. You have to have an EXACT format for this file, with pr...

get the username of the logged on user
I am creating a windows service which is running under Localsystem account. How can i find out the username of the currently logged in user. GetUserName() function returns "SYSTEM". Even the GetTempPath() function returns the path of systems temp directory. And every access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key gives me wrong information as the current user in such case is .Default Can anyone please tell me a way to find out the name of the logged in windows user??? The service has to run in system context so i cant change it. Thanks in Advance... "Rohit Kumar" <Roh...

User Form to Replace Master & SubDocument
I want to replace a Master & SubDocument series with a User Form (M&S crashes constantly). I have a list of 11 managers to pick from and don't always select each one, but the order also constantly changes. What do suggest to be the best format to use in this case? I thought to use check boxes to select the manager, but not sure how to re-order the inserts. Thanks, MR We really need more information on what you are doing, but you could have a userform with two list boxes, one of which is populated with all of the managers names with the other one being populat...

Login to Exchange Server Keeps Popping Up
I have a user who logs into their laptop as a local computer user (albeit an Administrator on the PC). The user then runs a Cisco VPN application to connect to our system, starts Outlook 2003. When Outlook first opens, it tells the user she is disconnected. Then a Windows-like login box pops up to ask her to log into our Exchange 2003 mail server. She enters the domain\username and her password (as she has a Domain login) and that box goes away and it says she is connected. She then goes to open an email and it sticks in the "downloading" status forever and ever. Eventually after...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

Error Number: 0x800ccc0e when I try to get messages
Hello, I am a postmaster of our network and I am having some problems with Outlook 2000 and our pop3 server. The problem is that randomly, Outlook's users can not download their mail because they get the error number 0x800ccc0e when they try to send amd receive mail. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) and our server is a Linux Debian running a 2.4.27 kernel. I have tried with ipop3d and in.qpopper as a pop3 daemons and with both I get the error. There is no firewall between them and this is the tcpdump capture from the server (our pop3 server runs at port 40110, bu...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

Printing memo data from a form
I have a form which contains a memo field which may require more than one page to print. I can only get my printer to print out what is almost a screen shot of the page. How can I set up a command button which will print out the form with all the data from the memo field? Martin, You will run across that problem when trying to print forms. Forms are desinged to be used like menus (inputting data), reports are designed for printing. Create a report and set the field to Can Grow = Yes. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremo...

How do I get around the MSVC++ Dialog Object Limit?
I am developing in MSVC++ .Net 2003, using MFC, building a realtime telemetry display. I have reached an object limit of 255, but need to add another 20+ objects. Is there a simple way to increase this limit? I am aware that I could possibly add more views or tabs, but that is not my first choice for this display as I would like all items visable at the same time. SpaceDust wrote: >I am developing in MSVC++ .Net 2003, using MFC, building a realtime telemetry >display. I have reached an object limit of 255, but need to add another 20+ >objects. Is there a simple way to increas...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

Which OS to get signature for?
If I get a Winqual signature for an unclassified WinUsb driver after submitting test results for Win7 (both x86 and x64) will the signed driver install on Vista without the unsigned driver warning? What I need is a signature that works for both Win7 and Vista but I'm not sure if getting the driver signed for Win7 is good enough for it to be signed for Vista as well. I suspect that once a driver is signed the signature is good on all OS versions no matter how the signature was obtained. The requirement for submitting test results for multiple OS versions is just a logo requir...