I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here.

I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system.  I a
trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som
problems.

I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o
what I'm doing here.

I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an
for each game of the series.  I then have it set up in the TOTA
WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG
runs, a "1" appears in the WON column.  If the SALTDOGS have a highe
number in the RUN column, then a "1" is populated in the LOST column.
That isn't the problem.

In box L11, I have the formula =IF(D11>H11,"1","0").  This is the sam
for the other yellow highlighted boxes.

In the red highlighted boxes, I'm trying to add all the WON/LOS
numbers for a total and cannot do it because of the formulas suc
as=IF(D11>H11,"1","0").  What formula if any can I use to get the tota
sum?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help

              Attachment filename: excel tip 1.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=39571

Mark,

Don't use text numbers,  that is, change

=IF(D11>H11,"1","0")

=IF(D11>H11,1,0).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=395715
> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)

how do i get my workbooks in separate windows?
i need to open my excel application in two seperate windows as they both keep appearing in one window. the tools, options, view, window taskbar thing did not work so i would like to know if anyone has any other ideas. thank you charlene charlene What is "did not work"? If using Excel 2000 there was a bug with the Windows in Taskbar option not sticking when the workbook(s) were shared. Never fixed until Excel 2002 came out. OR do you want to see two actual workbooks side by side in the window? This could be achieved by Window>New Window and Window>Arrange>Vertical. ...

How do I get rid of header/footer on page 2 of document?
the help menu says to click on header/footer, then toggle to new, then highlight text you want to get rid of, then hit delete key. I did that but all the header/footers throughout the document got deleted. How do I get to keep only the header/footer on page 1? TIA Fay Please see reply to your previous duplicate question. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Fay Zeller" <fayzee@optonline.net> wrote in message news:4b16f1f1$0$31281$607ed4bc@cv.net... > the help menu says to click...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Add vendor order number to purchase order
When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own internal sales order number to our purchase order. I need to be able to put that number somewhere in GP that will allow me to locate one of our purchase orders based on the supplier's order number. There are some fields on the Vendor detail window by clicking the arrow button by the vendor id. You might be able to use one of those fields. Otherwise, Extender is the way to go. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mike Davis" wrote: > When we send a purchase order to a vendor, that vendor assigns their own &...

My screen in Publisher 2000 is green. How do I get it back to norm
I opened up an exisiting document and the whole window area is green. When going in to the colour menus the basic colour palette has the same green overlay on each colour block. this is only happening in this document and not in any other files. The monitor settings are all normal and everything else looks normal. The document is used for a website, and when using the web page preview, the webpage is normal in the explorer window (coreect colours etc). Please help! I can send screen shots if that woudl help anyone solve this for me! Trinity wrote: > I opened up an exisiting document...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

Group by & Sum
Good afternoon, I’m trying to sum and group data in a query. Right now my query looks like this (example below) multiple PERL entries Account JobType Volume Count Average Page Total Postage PERL Bill 12345 1.69 134.55 22845 193 325 PERL Bill 78963 96.1 554.31 54822 391 523 PERL Letters 67890 4.54 98.25 26475 257 446 PERL Fin State 123435 7.39 61.95 30105 321 567 PERL PostC 178980 10.24 25.65 33735 385 688 PERL NCO 234525 13.09 10.65 37365 449 809 PERL CAN 290070 15.94 46.95 40995 513 930 PERL Mec 345615 18.79 83.25 44625 577 1051 PERL Fld Ply 401160 21.64 119.55 48255 641 1172 PER...

Get Organized with Free Project Management Software
Hi All, Wait for a few more days and you will come to know that project drive is going to announce big news on uses of the Free Project Management Software uses and how will it serve better than other one. I hope, so far they have given you best services, which could have fulfilled your expectations to manage your software. Here, I'm sharing that if anyone still wants to be a part of Project Drive, then try out their Free Trial on Project Management Software and enjoy by having courteous services provided by Project Drive itself. Community website: http://www.project-driv...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

SUM for logical values
Using Excel 2002 SP3... If I type logical values into the formula, like this: =SUM(TRUE, TRUE, TRUE), my formula returns the value 3. If I reference cells containing logical values, like this =SUM(A1:A3), my formula returns 0. Does anybody know why there is a difference? -- tj Try: =A1+A2+A3 -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "tjtjjtjt" <tjtjjtjt@discussions.microsoft.c...

Getting a total from a subreport
I have a subreport in my main report. The report is in a footer that is called RT Footer. In the RT Header of my main report, I have the following in a text box: =Reports!rptCOMMISSION_REPORT.rptCREDIT.Report!tEXT28. This textbox is supposed to give me the total for the linked RT in the master/child relationship. However, for the first record in my main report, I do get the correct total, but for the next record and so on, in my main report, I get the previous records total. So, record 1 in the main report, I get the total for record 1 in the subreport; record 2 in the main report,...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

Totalling/averaging non-consecutive rows
Is there a relatively easy way to do this without having to type each cell reference individually? The non-consecutive rows would be evenly spaced, if that helps. -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A2:A200)-ROW(A2),2)=0),A2:A200) =AVERAGE(IF((MOD(ROW(A2:A200)-ROW(A2),2)=0)*(ISNUMBER(A2:A200)),A2:A200)) the latter is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Paul Hyett" <vidcapper@invalid8326...

I Keep getting error message
Hello, When using Outlook 2002 I get a box popping up on my screen every few minutes saying: "Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed" I recently set up a second data file and successfully created a rule to divert emails from a domain name I have to that data file and loaded a bunch of appointments into the calendar of that data file. Is this popup to do with that? Also, I think this may only happen when my Dialup internet connection is connected Thanks See my reply to your earlier post. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

Need Help for Desirability Calculator (moving squares with numbers around)
Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't know much about excel. I want to make desirability calculator wich is related to a game. In the game ther are structures and each structure has a desirability affect on it environment. When a few structures are placed next to each other it' too tedious work to calculate their total affect. I hope the attachment will be clear enough to show what I want to do. There are around 30 structures but as an example I have shown th desirability affect of two of them; an oracle and a garden. When yo open the file you will see these two structures and thei...

extracting numbers from variable text
hi I am trying to extract a numeric value from a column of text that does not always have any relevant data. Typical column entries are like this: Employees: 46 | Employee Growth: -4.17% Employees: 3336 | Employee Growth: -5.66% Employees: 1700 | Employee Growth: % but in this mixed bag of data there are many odd entries of free text e.g. Two areas are using xx. Production studio's . . . . . The data I want to extract is the number of employees, which can be anything between a 1 and 6 digit number. I can do a basic extraction using =MID(cellref, 12,6) to get the raw information, bu...