I don't want to run visual basic editer code after saving...

Hi All,

Iam writing some code to disable some controls in excel visual basi
editor under Workbook_Open() function for one particular exce
template.
It is working fine.all controls are disabled when i open the excel.
now i used "save as" option and saved in some folder.

Now the problem is coming. I want to open the saved file i don't wan
to run the Workbook_Open() code because i don't want to disable th
controls for saved excel file.

Regards,
Amar..

--
aredd
areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2820

Untested, but try this:

Open Excel
Click Tools>Options
On the Security tab, click "Macro Security"
Set to HIGH, click OK

Now open your saved workbook

Macro should not run....

When finished, repeat steps and return Macro setting to previous
state.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479391

How Do I Save an Excel Sheet on Internet Explorer?
There is an excel sheet on my webpage, and I want it so the user ca save once they are done using the form, however... When the user tries to save, a box pops up saying "This sheet i readonly." How can I overcome this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Your Internet provider must have Frontpage Server extensions running on the server if you want that. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "kenji4861 >" <<kenji4861.1264u3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kenji4861.1264u3@excelforum-nospa...

Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?
Hi all When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is not really end user friendly. Anyone knows something more about this issue? Have fun :-) iStephan Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote details in one call - at least it ...

How do I display html code within a cell?
I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like <b> Hello World</>. Thanks - John You need to use Insert>Function and then select Hyperlink from the Lookup & Reference category. Randall Arnold "John-Raritan" wrote: > I am importing data to a cell. The data is actually html code. I would like > to display the data formatted. Right now I get all the ugly html codes, like > <b> Hello World</>. > > Thanks - John I think I...

Purchasing Office 2008 Home & Student edition online?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I would like to purchase Office 2008 Home & Student online. If I do, will I still get 3 license keys as you do if you purchase the packaged version? On 4/29/09 2:26 AM, "Jeff52@officeformac.com" <Jeff52@officeformac.com> wrote: > I would like to purchase Office 2008 Home & Student online. If I do, will I > still get 3 license keys as you do if you purchase the packaged version? You'll need to check the web site carefully, but I would assume so. Do you realize you'll get a bett...

Want to highlight all but first line
I have a large spreadsheet. I often want to highlight a couple of thousand rows from one point to the top *except* for the very first row. I highlight from the starting point to the top by selecting the bottommost row, and then ctrl/shift-Home to select all the way up through the top row. I thought I could then de-select the top row by pressing ctrl/click on the row number. But instead of deselecting the row, it de-selects the first cell in the row. The rows are very wide, so de-selecting each cell in it isn't practical. Can anyone tell me why ctrl/click on the first row number in th...

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

Excel 2002 crashing during "Save As" action.
I am having a problem when using "Save As" on a particular workbook I have developed. The workbook contains three separate sheets each containing a number of macros. Each time I "save as" I get the standard "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem message". Interestingly I do not have a problem when I perform a standard "save" on the workbook, only when I try and change it's name using "save as". One way I have found to work around this is to select the "Manual" option for Calculations on the Tools/Options menu. Lead...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

i want to allow users to edit changes afetr password protect of c
Please use the body of the message to describe what you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:15:02 -0700, mamta raul <mamta raul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Reverse engineering huge code base
Hi I have a huge code base in VC++, which I need to reverse engineer and come up wit a low-level design for. I understand that there might be some tools available to com with the class diagrams like Rational Rose or Visio. But can I come up with the sequence diagrams as well? What is the best possible way to reverse engineer suc huge code chunks TIA Sucharit Genitor sells such a product. I'm not taken by it (it imposes bizarre restrictions on how comments are placed; for example, it misinterprets my change log as a module description) but what I saw of its ability to reverse-enginee...

zip codes become 0 after merge excel to word
About half the records show up as a 0 in the zip code field after I merge into Word to create mailing labels. I have reformatted the column to text, tried formatting as special zip code, but stil about half the records merge as 0 zip even though there is a 5 digit zip in the Excel file...this is driving me crazy! I did sort the workbook by zip code for bulk mail. Does anybody have any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...

OL2003 Cannot Edit Calendar Entries
Sync with Palm Zire 21 yielded error message: "following item is in conflict" then referred to several recently created or modified calendar items. Now I cannot do anything to a calendar item (in the main calendar) without an error message, such as: "Cannot save item" or "The item may not have been deleted correctly. If someone sent you the item, that person's copy of the item may not be updated." Other calendars function correclty. I exported the calendar to a PST. The calendar in that PST is empty even though it is 271 kb. What is available to repair a P...

SAVING EXCEL FILE AS .CSV
I'm trying to save an excel file in .csv format with Excel 2003. After I get out of the file and get back in the format of the cells has changed. For instance, one column has all 4 digit numbers most of which have "0" as the first digit. The .csv file has omitted all of the zero's. It has also changed several of the cells to a date format. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Dwayne Dwayne, It's probably not the saving as csv that's changing your data, but the way Excel treats it when you reopen it with Excel. Try opening it with N...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

Custom dictionary editing not available in Outlook 98 & 2000
I have found that only users with admin rights can get the "edit custom dictionary" button to work within Tools > Options > Spelling in Outlook 98 or Outlook 2000 (the only versions that I have been able to review. Is this the case? I can't find a KB article about it. ...

error C1190: managed targeted code requires...
I just switched to vc7 from vc6 and finally got my code to compile in debug mode but when I tried to compile in release mode I get the following message. stdafx.cpp (0) : fatal error C1190: managed targeted code requires '#using <mscorlib.dll>' and '/clr' option I tried adding the #include statement to stdafx.cpp but that didn't change anything (I've taken it back out) and looked over the properties page for the project and can't find anything that looks like it ought to cause a managed target. This code is supposed to generate a dll. It has nothing to do w...

Run-time error 3021
I have one form that opens another form to show related records. The 2nd form has a custom record counter that runs the following code: With Me.RecordsetClone .MoveFirst Me.RecCount = Me.CurrentRecord & " of " & .RecordCount End With I got the code from someone here on this forum and it works great as long as the 2nd form has records in it. I originally ran the code in the oncurrent event and also tried onload and afterupdate, but still get the same error. When I debug, it highlights .MoveFirst. I tried taking that out, but then it ...

Code 17 Dup Record on file FA_Retirement_Mstr
V. 7.00g using the FA module only (not interfacing with GL) Retired 600+ assets. Un-retired to correct proceeds. Re-retired and the first 390 went fine, now every asset we try to re-retire gives us this error. What can we do? Thank you, Robert ...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host
We have migrated and upgraded our exchange server tfrom 2000 to 2003. Some users have set Outlook forwarding of their emails to external accounts. However since the upgrade they are receving the following email from postmaster when an email is forwarded: Final-Recipient: rfc822;bob@hotmail.com Action: failed Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain. X-Display-Name: bob@hotmail.com This only occurs on inbound emails from external addresses. Internal email does get forwarded out. Any idea why? john.easter@northdoor.co.uk wrote...

Feature Requests: Savings Goal & Bill Recurrence Fix
Just a couple of suggestions for the Money developers... 1) Creating a true savings goal feature. This would allow a user to earmark money within an account for a particular expense and continue to add/subtract to/from it. When viewing the account, you could then see what your current balance was with the savings goal money removed from the account or with the money in the account. The savings goal account would look like a separate account (although it really isn't) so you could view it in itself. This would also allow you to add to a savings goal from different accounts. In settin...

SideBySide errors in the event log due to missing Visual C++ components
Prologue: It seems some of the newer apps like to use their own customized DLL versions of some of the standard windows DLLs, and can do so by using SideBySide if the newer Visual C++ libraries are already installed. (As I understand it, "SideBySide" was designed to support this in an attempt to reduce "DLL Hell" for some applications needing their own customized DLL versions). After installing a couple of newer apps, I started getting these SideBySide errors in the event log (due to missing VC90 components), so I installed a newer version of the Visua...

how to load and edit music tags in excel
Excel is hands down a better program to edit things like music tags which are simple records... so why does everyone edit their music tags in programs like mp3tag etc??? Frustrated by this i wrote a .flac file tag edior that imports and exports the tags into excel easy as you like. will add wma support if the world love it! If you have a squuzebox you might especially love this program. All the vba code can be unlocked as well so you can modify it and see how stuff works. passord is on the the help sheet. www.exceltagger.com it looks a bit ugly in excel 2007 compared to the older versi...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Control to populate data based on code
Hi, I have created a form linked to the table - Master table. The form contains a control - Validation. I had given an event to this conttol - Private Sub Validation_Click() If [Report Currency] = USD Then Validation = YES End If However, I am not getting any results in the form nor is the result being carried to the table. Pls help In this line: If [Report Currency] = USD Then It is expecting [Report Currency] to be a control on your form and USD to be a variable. Is that what you are expecting? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Newbie_Sashi" wrote: > Hi, > I ...

Editing dynamic worksheet exported from CRM to Excel 2003 *Correct
Hi, I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, and I often need to change the criteria used to pull the data. The workbook has the option to enable macros, but when I go to Tools>Macro>Macros, there are no macros listed. How can I edit the criteria for the existing dynamic worksheets without having to create a new dynamic worksheet each time there is a change? Thanks so much for any help. Kate;620589 Wrote: > Hi, > > I have several dynamic worksheets exported from CRM into one workbook, > and I > often need to cha...