I cannot choose Conditional Formatting

I have used conditional formatting on some spreadsheets, so I know how to use
it.  My problem is that on other spreadsheets I cannot choose it from the
Format Menu.  The Conditional Formatting choice is lightly shaded.  Why is
this and how can I fix it.
0
Shawna (12)

It sounds like the sheet is protected.  Unprotecting the
sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting.

0
anonymous (74722)
3/30/2005 6:06:26 PM
Or else the file is shared, in which case you also cannot use conditional
formatting.  If true, you will have to remove the sharing, before using it.

"Randy" wrote:

> It sounds like the sheet is protected.  Unprotecting the
> sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting.

0
Kassie (262)
3/30/2005 7:11:05 PM
Thank you.  This was the problem.  I had 'track changes' on which made it a
shared file.  I had to turn track changes off to do conditional formatting
and to also merge cells.  I had not realized it would lock out certain
things.  Thanks for your help.

"Kassie" wrote:

> Or else the file is shared, in which case you also cannot use conditional
> formatting.  If true, you will have to remove the sharing, before using it.
>
> "Randy" wrote:
>
> > It sounds like the sheet is protected.  Unprotecting the
> > sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting.

0
Shawna (12)
4/1/2005 1:03:04 AM
My pleasure. Thanks for the feedback

"Shawna" wrote:

> Thank you.  This was the problem.  I had 'track changes' on which made it a
> shared file.  I had to turn track changes off to do conditional formatting
> and to also merge cells.  I had not realized it would lock out certain
> things.  Thanks for your help.
>
> "Kassie" wrote:
>
> > Or else the file is shared, in which case you also cannot use conditional
> > formatting.  If true, you will have to remove the sharing, before using it.
> >
> > "Randy" wrote:
> >
> > > It sounds like the sheet is protected.  Unprotecting the
> > > sheet should enable the Conditional Formatting.

0
Kassie (262)