I cannot change the date format to English canada

Hi-
if you'd like to change the format of one cell, select the cell and
reformat it.
After selecting the cell, go tot he format menu, choose the first
option: cells.
From the pop-up form, goto the Number tab (should be the first one)-
in the category section- choose date, in the locale section choose
English(Canada)-
then choose the format in the Type section.  choose OK.
It should work.
If this is not what you ment, please let me know.  Also, indicate what
you've tried and why it hasn't worked-
Good Luck!
pim

--
Pim
Pim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27565

Thanks, I tried that, it works in My Office 2003, i wonder if there is a bug
in 2002, I have multiple users with the same problem.  No matter what
language they pick, the format does not apply.  It will change to Cyrillic or
Afrikaans or Chinese.  You could apply the format to the entire sheet with
Date (english canada)save it reopen it and it will defauly to another
language.  I even tried creating the sheet on my 2003 system formatting to
date English Canada which works, but once I send it to the users with 2002,
it defaults back to one of the languages formats listed above.

"Pim" wrote:

> Hi-
> if you'd like to change the format of one cell, select the cell and
> reformat it.
> After selecting the cell, go tot he format menu, choose the first
> option: cells.
> From the pop-up form, goto the Number tab (should be the first one)-
> in the category section- choose date, in the locale section choose
> English(Canada)-
> then choose the format in the Type section.  choose OK.
> It should work.
> If this is not what you ment, please let me know.  Also, indicate what
> you've tried and why it hasn't worked-
> Good Luck!
> pim
>

> --
> Pim
> Pim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27565
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470919

Excel Regional Date Format Options
A client of ours in NZ is complaining that date format options for English (New Zealand) have changed from older versions of excel (they are using 2003) Some of their spreadsheets have dates formatted as dd-mmm-yy, mmm-yy and dddd,dd,mmm but these options do not exist anymore. Is there anyway to add options to this list without using the custom format option? Thanks, Jesse I just compared the Excel 97 and Excel 2003 built-in date formats and they are mostly unchanged. 2003 has a few more but I don't think there were any subtractions. The formats dd-mmm-yy and mmm-yy are righ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

VFW, webcam, image format
Hello, I'm trying to grab pictures from a webcam with Video For Windows (VFW). The source code I use is the following: HWND _capwnd = capCreateCaptureWindow("Capture",WS_POPUP,0,0,1,1,0,0); capDriverConnect(_capwnd,0); capGrabFrame(_capwnd); capEditCopy(_capwnd); OpenClipboard(NULL); HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)GetClipboardData(CF_BITMAP); CloseClipboard(); BITMAP bmp; GetObject(hBmp, sizeof(BITMAP), &bmp); int size = bmp.bmWidth*bmp.bmHeight*bmp.bmWidthBytes; unsigned char* data = new unsigned char[size]; GetBitmapBits(hBmp,size, data); ...

Change the sender to the previous owner when a lead is reassigned
Business scenario is as folllows: A new lead fires a workflow which sends an email to the lead with the owner as the sender. When the lead is reassigned, they want an email to have the PREVIOUS owner as the sender. There is no facility in email to change the SENDER in the email. What is the recommended solution - callout, etc. -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant -- Paul Doyon CRM Consultant Hi Paul, Very right, Callout is the solution. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.m...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

Comparing 4 dates and getting 1 headache
Hi everyone, I have a problem hopefully some one can help me out with. I have the following 4 dates… Beginning Date of Service Ending Date of Service Eligible Beginning Date of Service Eligible Ending Date of Service I need a formula that will compare the Beginning Date of Service to the Eligible Beginning Date of Service, if the Eligible date is later it will take that if is earlier then it will take the Beginning Date of Service and compare it to the Ending Date of Service if the Eligible Ending Date of Service is later then the Ending Date of Service or the Ending Date of Serv...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an Excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

make a Year to date column
Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column? Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show nothing until there is a figure in J. Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column. Thank you ... Try something like this in say, K2, copied down: =IF(J2="","","<yourCumuYTDformul...

How do I format a cell to auto date
I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Hi George Use a function like this one for todays date =TODAY() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF21130-EBD9-41C2-8CB5-5723BE40CBB1@microsoft.com... >I would like to have a date automatically enter itself each time I open the > spreadsheet. Is there a way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. > Thanks ...

MM from Word in HTML Format
I am using MS Office 2002. When I do a mail-merge from MS Word to email, it works fine as long as I use 'Plain Text' as the format. It accesses Outlook and sends the messages. However, if I use HTML format, it acts as though it is sending something, but the messages never get sent. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Brian, I seem to have the same problem in Offic 2003. When I do an email merge from Word, the screen flickers at the end but there is no record of the emails having been sent in Outlook, i.e., they are not in the Sent folder. I've tried looking around...

Remove Data Format Change
I have a program that puts a database's data into an excel spreadsheet. The problem is that Excel is constantly changing the numbers to dates, which corrupts the data. I know I can switch the column data type to Text and that will fix it, but the problem is that when the data is written to the spreadsheet it overwrites that column data type and Excel does the formatting that changes my data. How can I turn this off so Excel stops trying to recognize data types and change their format? Please help because this is causing major problems for us. Thanks, ACFalcon >>I have a ...

Line Graph: Changing X/Y Axis'
Can somebody please help to recommend a tutorial or simple directions on creating a chart in Office 2007 that will show how to create a simple line chart (2-D is fine) that gives flexibility in flipping the x and y axis? This seems challenging in 2007... Thanks. You cannot 'flip' a Line chart. In a Line chart the x axis has category values and if flipped this would give category values to the y axis which must have numeric values. But you can readily flip an XY chart. Click the chart; from the Chart Tools select Design; Click Select Data; now use Edit. In the Edit dialog, select ...