hyperlinks to external website open new window every time

I have several hundred links in my spreadsheet all
pointing to the same website. The problem is, when I click
on any link, Excel opens a NEW browser window every time.
This is especially annoying since the website they all go
to requires me to login every time.

Is there any way to prevent Excel from opening a new
browser window every time?

OS: Windows 2000 SP 4
App: Excel 2002
0
markp1 (1)

I don't believe that this is possible without programming a solution.
I have overcome this limitation of Excel using mainly Windows API
calls.

If you're interested in this solution, drop me an EMail. If you've had
no experience with programming, this may not be suitable.

Using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE,

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.
>I have several hundred links in my spreadsheet all
>pointing to the same website. The problem is, when I click
>on any link, Excel opens a NEW browser window every time.
>This is especially annoying since the website they all go
>to requires me to login every time.
>
>Is there any way to prevent Excel from opening a new
>browser window every time?
>
>OS: Windows 2000 SP 4
>App: Excel 2002

0
pfsardella (72)

New window behavior?
It seems the Excel folks are always striving to find some way to make Excel behave differently from all other Windows applications in some regard. The most glaring example, of course, is cut, copy, and paste, but I just accidentally discovered another one, and I'm wondering how long (i.e., since what version) Excel has been doing this. I'm using Excel 2003, and when I right-click on a child window's window menu* I get a context menu with things live save, print, new window, etc. I tried this in Access and Word and right-clicking a child window window menu does...absolutely nothing...

Auto-Maximise Windows in SO Manager
We have a retailer who has a small screen and therefore runs at a 800x600 resolution. Problem is, the windows in Manager then need to be constantly moved around and it drives them nuts. I have tried just changing the screen res but they aren;t happy with that as it makes the text too small. Is there any way that the windows in manager can be set to automatically maximise? Thanks, Matt -- *Matthew Warr* Retail Technology Ltd http://www.rtl-world.com 800x600 is so 1980s. You need 1280x1024 for any reasonably modern software. 1024x768 is a bare minimum. RMS is designed for 1280x1024...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

external mail send after reboot
I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There are no error no messages in the queues and and message tracking wil report local delivery at once and then a gap (maybe 9 days) and then delivered to external mail servers???? Thanks Peter In news:1158759649.788935.56800@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Zpeedyexchange <peter.hoest@gmail.com> typed: > I have a problem on a Exchange 2003 sp2 server. If I reboot the server > e-mail messages that can be as old as the last reboot are sent. There &...

Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook
Can someone please help??? I'm having problems opening microsoft office outlook... I need it to backup the contacts from my PDA mobile phone. I've not used outlook on my laptop before. I use outlook express to send and recieve emails normally. when I called my mobile phone company, they told me that I need to have microsoft office outlook to backup my contacts. my problem is this, when I try and open microsoft outlook, this is the message that comes up. 1. "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Then i have to press "Work offline" button and the ne...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

always come up "dialog box open"and ask me to close.but i don't k.
when i want to close or want to write new letter,always come up"dialog box open" and i can not do any thing See if this applies to you; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 If not, try to be a bit more descriptive and include some configuration info in your post for us to work with. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "papawadi" <papawadi@discussions...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

excel Hyperlink question
Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Under the Insert Hyperlink menu, I think if you select the "Existing File or Web Page" button and point to what you want, that should do it. HTH Steve "Pam Coleman" <PamColeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219B8DA6-B7E1-4405-A272-2EEEAF6F8786@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can have a spreadsheet that in one column on a particular > cell there will be a hyperlink to a word document? Is there a way the hype...

Error while synchronizing with net time server
Vista Ultimate SP2 I just noticed that my machine will not synchronize with any of the Internet time servers. It's set to do so automatically, but I see an error saying "An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with [server name]. This happens is I try to sync manually, and it happens with all server (i.e. time.windows.com, time.nist.gov, time-a.nist.gov, time-b.nist.gov, time-nw.nist.gov). Suggestions? Thanks. Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Ken Isaacson wrote: > Vista Ultimate SP2 > > I just noticed...

Windows 95
How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? "she123ilab" <she123ilab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E861ED-0A65-41A8-8DC8-06BD52BDB5B5@microsoft.com... > How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? Windows 95 is not a database application, it's an Operating System. What application was the database created in? Windows 95 is an Operating System and does not create databases. What application was used to create the database? File extension is?? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:13:03 -0700, "...

cannot open .xls files
Dear all, I am using MS Office XP. I am experiencing a problem when opening .xls files by double-click on them. After I double-click the files, the Excel problem is running but there is no .xls file opened. Although I can still open the file with command open in Excel, it is uncomfortable that double-click is not working. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Thomas This is a multipost. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Thomas Lau" <thomaslau@FAKE.hotmail....

CDialog on top of all windows?
Hi, I have a class derived from CDialog. When I show this dialog I want it to be modal and display on top of all the windows, even those of other applications. This is needed because the dialog is being run through Automation and I want it to be 'On Top' of the other .exe and not the ..exe it 'belongs' to; preferably without the 1st .exe also being put on top. How can I do that? Thanks, Scott Metzger In the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog call SetWindowPos(&CWnd::wndTopMost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++...

Roundin specific input time
Please, I need me. I built a time management database and would like to round specific times up or down. For example whenever someone in time is between 7:16am to 7:33am, I would like it rounded to 7:30am, in times between 8:16am to 8:33am to 8:30am and all other in times around thoses ranges not to be rounded. I have some individuals reporting at 7:30am and some at 8:30am, would prefer the code to also round 8:16am to 8:33am as 8:30am as well. Out time ranges between 4:00pm and 4:10pm round to 4:00pm and ranges 5:00pm to 5:10pm rounded to 5:00pm and all other in times around thoses ran...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Cannot open a pub file
I created a file in publisher 2007 and have been adding to file several times. I tried to open the file today to continue adding more text to it and suddenly I find that I can not longer open the file. I also tried publisher 2003 and 2007 in another computer with the same result. Please help! Are you using the same printer? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "C Wong" <C Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10CA349A-4FB5-426E-9BA3-...

moving favorites from my old Internet Explorer to a new computers
I am trying to move my favorties (links) from my old computer which was Internet Explorer Windows XP to my new computer which is Internet Explorer Windows 7. What ever I try does not work. Any ideas? Thanks Paul B Is this related to Microsoft Outlook somehow? Using IE, click on File > Export/Import and export your bookmarks to a location like your desktop where you can easily find them. Then copy them onto disk and move them over. Copy them from disk to your new PC, open IE, and import them. "Paul B" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Works 9 Word Processor Opening Older files
Hi I have Vista Home Premium and Works 9 Suite I am unable to open older Word documents in Works 9, I believe they are Word 2003 files. Message says 'there is not enough memory to open file' This is a new pc and has more than enough memory to open an 88kb document so it must be a conversion problem but what and how I resolve it is a mystery to me. I have tried opening in Wordpad and Notepad and although I can see some words that are in the document it is not readable. Any suggestions please? Did you install the Word component of Works Suite or ...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

Outlook refuses to open
I try to open OUTLOOK but it refuses to open I uninstall the Office suite and install it again but the outlook still does not work.PLEASE .........HELP.... GREEK ANGEL Are you getting any errors? Do you see the splash screen? What Version of Outlook? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Greek Angel" <coldenangel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8DA08ECC-4A76-4083-BA6E-F8E0DF3330FC@microsoft.com... I try to open OUTLOOK but it refuses to open. I uninstall the Office suite and install it again but the outlook still does not work.PLEASE .........HELP..... GREEK ANGEL I'...

Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink menu item grayed out
I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't repeat my success because my hyperlink menu item is grayed out. I think it has to do with a compatibility option box that showed up and I must have clicked the wrong choice, disabling this function? How to fix? Thank you On 1/20/10 1:38 PM, in article A6394C7E-C4BA-4DC1-9C85-E0CCA39F4445@microsoft.com, "plwbiz" <plwbiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't > repeat my success because my hyperlink...

Outlook 2003- pauses for a few seconds every few keystrokes
Hi- this problem is making Outlook unusable for me. It happens with both my Windows XP machine and Vista laptop, using the same data on both machines (but not the same PST file- I synced twice with my Palm. I notice that the PST file is only a few megabytes, however, so it's small when the problem happens. In addtion, I tried deleting everything and starting from the beginning, just loading up one part of Outlook at a time to see where the problem is-- seems like it occurs when I start approaching around 300 contacts (I have about 500 contacts total), or as I ramp up my calendar ...

Windows XP SP3 and GP 10
We purchased 3 new computers that came with WXP SP3. I installed GP 10 SP3 and all was fine until I attempted to print purchase orders. I would go to Transactions->Purchase->Print Purchase Order Documents. I attempted to print 5 PO's and then after clicking print, the computer just sits there for about 2 minutes and then it finally printed. I then went to a WXP SP2 computer and attempted to print the same 5 PO's. They printed instantly. After trying everything under the sun, I went into the ODBC Adminstrator and changed the DSN to use SQL Server Client instead of SQ...

Can I have a Dialog Box pop up when opening a word document?
I have a document that when a person opens it that a dialog box come up to tell the person to Stop someone is working on this account. You could put the following macro in the document Sub AutoOpen() MsgBox "Stop! Someone is working on this account." End Sub However, if the macro security is set to high, the macro will automatically be deleted and if it is set to medium, the user will be asked if they want to allow the macro to run. The other issue is that this would run whenever the document is opened, whether or not someone else had it opened. -- Hope...

how to make outlook go to a different folder (then inbox) when opened or tabbed
Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder when it opens and when coming back from the calendar? Thanks, Reuven. Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->When starting Outlook... --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, reuven.sa@gmail.com asked: | Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder | when it opens and when coming back from...