Hyperlinks and sorting data

I have two sheets in my Excel 2003 workbook.  On both sheets column A
contains a hyperlink in each cell that will jump to the next sheet of that
same cell.  For example, if the user clicks on A3 of sheet 1 the hyperlink
will take them to sheet 2 cell A3.  Sheet 2 is set up the same way with
hyperlinks.  The problem I ran into is if I sort the data - columns A thru D,
on sheet 1 - the hyperlinks won't work on sheet 2 because the cell reference
changes on sheet 1 when I sort the data.  Is it possible to create a
hyperlink or something in Excel that matches text and will jump back and
forth between the sheets.  For example, sheet 1 contains column A - Project
Name (which are currently my hyperlinks) , sheet 2 contains column A -
Project Name.  I want to be able to click on the Project Name and it take me
to that same Project Name on the other sheet and vice versa.  Then when I
sort, it won't be dependant on the cell reference because it changes when I
sort.  Any ideas?????
0
Rena1 (3)

External data link change

Data exported to excel 2007 changes cell number format to 'general' ?
Hello, This issue could be sap program issue - in that case it's not appropriate to post here. But it also could be excel 2007 issue - so in that case: I'm using standard sap gui "export to excel" functionality. After some transaction execution I get results, looks like table or grid. If I select standard Export->Spreadsheet when excel 2003 is installed, I get results as expected. But if excel 2007 is installed, all number cells get number format 'general'. For example transaction result grid has date data '2009.06.03' (local date format). In excel...

Cannot Update MDE Hyperlink Object
I've created a Hyperlink to a folder on a form. This works fine until I create the MDE object. I cannot Add a link when in the MDE mode - Please Help Jasmine, how are you trying to add the link? Are you using code or are you unable to find the menu or toolbar to add the link? Jeanette Cunningham "Jasmine" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message news:e0lZF0PZIHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I've created a Hyperlink to a folder on a form. > > This works fine until I create the MDE object. > > I cannot Add a link when in the MDE mode - >...

data by month
I’m having trouble figuring out how to get started on a report that takes a set of currency values in a table and totals them in such a way so that I can break-down total income by month. So if I have 14 different potential values (there will always be some at zero-value) and also have 1 department field that can have 1 of 3 values, how would I structure a query (ultimately leading to a pivot-chart which I’ve never used before) that will total all dollar values for a given month for each of 3 departments? The date range will be no more than a year at a time but may only be 1 m...

Retrieving address data from a related entity
Hi, Can anyone help me with this please. I have created a custom entity (Suppliers) and created a relationship to the existing contact entity to add contacts to it. My contacts form now has two lookups (account and supplier). If I create a new contact from within an account, then the address information is pulled through since the mappings already exist. However, I am unable to create new mappings between the supplier and contact entitites for the address fields because the contact fields are already being used in a mapping. The issue I have that would be nice to solve, is that when a new co...

sort order for payroll checks
This is a suggestion for MBS - it would be nice to have a setting where the user can select the Default Sort Order for Payroll checks so we don't have to change it every time we print checks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Area chart display ENDS before data ?
Creating Simple area (test) charts - with data ending far before 'date', (hortz.axis); is no problem. Have the 'ending' section - VACANT.(to indicate future values to come). Does not having CONTIGUOUS data prevent that? -- Boswell ...

Data Migration Framework Tools Installation Problems
To whom it may concern: Recently our organization was preparing for an ACT! to CRM migration and had a slight problem getting the Data Migration Framework Tools installed for Microsoft CRM v1.2. We kept getting an error that said something to the effect of "The installation program was interrupted before setup could complete." Upon further deliberation, we discovered a extremely low tech reason for the error........the DMF has to be installed off of the CD and not from a MSI package copied to the hard drive. *slaps forhead* DOH! ...

lost data....lost person! #2
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Trying to Group Data
I am trying to group data. I have a daily record that contains multiple projects and multiple items in the project. I would like to roll the daily data into project 1 and all the items that go with it and then project 2 and all the items that go with it. I have a start but am unsure of where to go. I am attaching the files that I have. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave ==================== <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="StatusReportProject.xsl" ?> <TimeSheet> <Daily...

for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net
for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net out dated? Hi, 1. Does this seem to you to be the right Newsgroup to ask this question ? I would have suggested "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet". 2. Is there supposed to be a difference between the Message Subject and the Message body ? Isn't the Message Subject supposed to be abbreviated ? 3. As for your question : I strongly doubt if your VS.NET can be called "o...

journalling Connector data
Hi, ANyone help. We have setup journalling which appears to be working on Mailbox's. We have a External mail system which is configured using a connector. We would like to archive this as it enters from SMTP to the connector. Any ideas how this is done. We need to have these messages journalled also. any help appreciated. Patty Exchange Server (2003/2000) journaling is only available at the mailbox Store level - message journaling doesn't occurr at the transport. Perhaps look into writing a transport event sink or 3rd party solutions. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenp...

Sort months in calendar order
From my Invoices table, I have a query that groups our charges together by month and then shows each month with its respective total revenue. I use this query as the record source for a report, but the months are listed in the Detail section in alphabetical order rather than calendar order i.e. December November October Whereas of course I want to see October November December (Interestingly, the chart that I have placed in the report does show the months in correct calendar order). Thanks for your advice! CW It would help if you provided use with something about your fields and...

Unable to Sort Multiple Columns
Good day all! I've seen this posted in a million other places, but I wasn't able to get my question fully answered. I'm creating a simple sheet to list common TCP/IP service names and their appropriate port numbers. The first column is a description of the service name (which is 4 cells wide) and then I have two sets of 2 merged cells which contain the UDP & TCP port ranges respectively. I want to sort the entire list by the TCP port numbers, but can't because Excel says that the "merged cells must be identically sized." Everyone's solution to this proble...

Sorting Cells with Conditional Formats 04-27-10
Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet containing conditional formats without destroying the formats? DOUG ECKERT 27 Apr 10 Yes, as long as the Sort doesn't change the value of the "condition". DOUG wrote: > Is it possible to sort a spreadsheet containing conditional formats without > destroying the formats? > > DOUG ECKERT > 27 Apr 10 Cell borders and CF conditions do not move with sorted cell values. Forcing the CF conditions and borders to move with the cell values can be done using VBA code. However, if the CF conditions depend on the ro...

Importing data question
I have a text document that contains unique job numbers, location of th job, date and time last scanned, number of breakages, days in process customer number etc. Several of the fields change multiple times durin a day but job number is unique and would dissappear only once a job i completed. I can figure out how to get external data into an exce spreadsheet and how to refresh the data but my problem is I want to b able to add comments/notes to each one (customer was called regardin delay/part on back order/called customer on xx/xx/xx etc.) Each time refresh data my notes are in the row but ...

Subform not allowing data entry
Dear All I have a control on my main form, Status. When it is set to "C" the subform becomes not visible. When I change the status control to "A" the subform becomes visible but I cannot enter any data. If I move away from this record and then come back to it, I can then enter data into the subform. I would like, obviously, to be able to enter data as soon as it becomes visible. Any suggestions. Thanks Nigel - What is the code behind the Status control? Are you setting the subform properties there (e.g. making the subform visible or not)? Maybe you ...

sorting date " MMM-YY" (Jan-05)
Hi, I have a spreadsheets with ticket numbers and the date it was submitted. It is in medium date format (3/18/2005). I have used this formula: =text(A2,"MMM-YY") to conver it to Mar-05. now i have a column with MMMYYY date, however, it will not let me sort it. It is sorting alphabetically, and not in the order of the date. so I have Feb-04,Feb-05, Jan-04,Jan-05 and so on. How can I sort this by month then year? Thank you! It is sorting alphabetically because the data is in TEXT format. In order to sort by date, you'll need to have the data formatted in some kind o...

Hyperlink in XL07
Can anyone tell me if the Hyperlink() function in XL07 will work if the WB name and file extension is *not* included? -- TIA, RD ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can't believe that no one knows ! ? ! ? Anyway, feed-back from the OP verified that it's still necessary. -- Regards, RD ------------------------------------------------------------------...

data entries for 11 months ago for the entire month
Hi. im bit stuck. i need a formula for access whereby it will return all date entries put in 11 months ago. e.g. today is 05/2007 it will return all the entries put in for 11 months previous for the entire month which would be all entries for june. Please help. Field: EntryDate Criteria: Between DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date())-11,1) and DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date())-10,0) If that is off adjust the -11 and -10 by one each to change the number of months in the past. Explanation of the 0 day. The zero day of any month is one day prior to the 1st day of the month. The day ...

Data Validation enter values with VBA
I currently have a Spreadsheet running a tipping competition which works well, however would like to add additional functionality to it. I have cells setup which are data validated to a list on the sheet and have four values to select from which are None, Team 1, Draw, Team 2 These come up in a drop down box. What I would like to be able to do is to have the data filled automatically in a group of cells dependent on the value in another cell. For example In Cell A10 i put in H and Cell F10 which has the data validated list always has the value None to start with the l...

Saving Input of Userform as a new line of data on another file?
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help me? I have create a form, and want to b able to save the info to another file(A) after I have click on button. Upon my next click, the new info from my form will be save as new entry (the next line) in file A. Thank you -- peppe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pepper's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1635 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27737 hi, it might be better to 1 button the whole thing. put the new record on the next line then copy...

Pop up message asks if I really want to edit the live office data
I have macros running in excel which massage data created by Live Office (Business Objects Queries.) With most popup messages I just use the displayalerts statement to get around it. That does not work for this message which specifically addresses the Live Office edits. Does anyone know how to suppress it. Err, what's the message and how does it come about? -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF07E5AF-54BD-4809-925A-EA4DEB764070@microsoft.com... >I have macros running in excel whi...

Show Percent on Data Labels
In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar chart. I would like to show percent of total on the data labels of each bar while retaining the actual data value on the Y-axis scale. Can this be done? Under the Format Data Series/Data Labels tab, the "Show percent" option is grayed out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. "Paul Scheer" <paul.scheer@warnerbros.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c5d01c3762c$f6aa9980$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar > chart. I would like to show percent of...

sorting multiple columns
I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address ends up with right zip code Highlight the range you want to sort before starting it. Regards, Fred "arbe" <arbe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56FFD696-D31F-4A99-AE8E-941C5C18D012@microsoft.com... >I have multiple addresses on a work sheet. I need to have all the same zip > code # together. How do I sort them by zip code so right name and address > ends up with right zip code Pre-se...