Hyperlink to today's date #2

Sweet! Works like a charm, but... I have to share this sheet with othe
and I think that the double-clicking-to-the-date may confuse them (i
they try to edit a cell).

Is there a way to map it to a hot key? Or make it so if I click in A
it jumps to the date?

(the scrolling to three rows up was a nice touch!)

Thanks for the help again

--
Grim/Do
Grim/Don's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1445

You could select another sheet and return.

or as you asked for selection on A2

    if target.address <> "$A$2"
    Dim val As Long, r  As Long
    val = Date
    r = Application.Match(val, Range("A2:A65536"), 1) + 1
    Application.Goto Cells(Application.Max(2, r - 9), 1), Scroll:=True
    Application.Goto Cells(r - 3, 1)
End Sub

---
HTH,

"Grim/Don" <GrimDon.1cw55b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:GrimDon.1cw55b@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Sweet! Works like a charm, but... I have to share this sheet with other
> and I think that the double-clicking-to-the-date may confuse them (if
> they try to edit a cell).
>
> Is there a way to map it to a hot key? Or make it so if I click in A2
> it jumps to the date?
>
> (the scrolling to three rows up was a nice touch!)
>
> Thanks for the help again!
>

> --
> Grim/Don
> Grim/Don's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14456
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=260782

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

Date functions
Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is there a function to convert day number to mmm-dd? =TEXT(DATE(2005,1,A1),"mmm-dd") where cell A1 holds the day of the year "Kirk P." <KirkP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847D34F3-CA15-4BA2-A5EB-578DBBB42E6A@microsoft.com... > Our database represents dates by giving the day number within a year. For > example, day number 1 is January 1, and day number 365 is December 31. Is > there a fun...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Tasks with no due date at the bottom?
Is there any way to convince Outlook 2000 to show tasks with no due date at the bottom of the task list -- when the sort is on by due date, ascending? I know if it's sorted by due date descending, the no-due-date tasks will be at the bottom, but that's just not it; what I need is a view sorted by due date, ascending, with no-due-date tasks at the bottom. I suppose it seems quite logical: the closes due dates on top, the farthest due dates lower down the list, the ones without due dates at the very bottom. I would love to do the same with Outlook 2003. I think the answer is that...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

space then date causes error
On my spreadsheet they have to type in a date and other calculations are taken from this point. Of the hundreds that have used it there have been no problems, however as always there will always be one....... When they fill in the date they type a space and then type the date, this throws up errors in the other calculations. Not altogether important but is there an easy fix for this, so that if anyone types a space it is ignored, I dont want to get involved in VBA/macro stuff. Right click the sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify range to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

Empty cells showing that they are default formated to "Date"
I created a spead sheet with one column set as a date the first to the end of the month. The other columns have various in text and accounting info. If I click on a empty cell it show in the format section on the bar the the cell is set up to have a date entry. This is all over the page. Can any one tell me why this is happening? -- Fred You can correct that by setting the formating for the other columns. Simply click on the column(s) then right click and select Format cells, or select the column(s) then go to Format and then Cells. In the selection list choose any option bes...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?
How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000. Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series, then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range that contains your dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

#N/A #2
Would appreciate some help on this............ I have some formulas set up in a spreadsheet that other people will fill progressively. In cells where the formula has no feeder' data to provide a result it displays "#N/A". Is there something I can add to the formula to make the cell appear blank unless there is data to go in there? Hi Bunny! Use: =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",Yourformula) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Thank you again Mr Harker "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in me...

How do I calculate the week day hours between 2 days
I need to calculate the difference in hours between when I received a project and when when I completed the project. Within this time frame I do not want to count weekends and I want the workday to be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Example (9/11/5 8:00 am started and 9/12/5 8:00 am finished)= 12 hours not 24 hours Is there an easy way to do this? -- Mickey Take a look at Chip Pearson's solution at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm Steve "Mickey" <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C1698-DED1-4285-846B-AD72CBBB01A3@microsoft.com... >I n...

Highlighting A Hyperlinked Cell
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the following is possible: have two worksheets. The first one 'Matrix' has a number of project listed, but only by name. Each name is hyperlinked to the other shee 'Projects' where a description of each project is placed. As is th way, when you click on the link it takes you to the linked cell and i is highlighted with a thick black border. I was wondering if there is any means to manipulate this highlightin so that when the cell is highlighted it also turns, for instance yellow. Any ideas? TIA, Samuel -- Samuel ---------...

Sorting by Number of Characters #2
Has anyone ever tried to sort records by number of characters? I need to go through a very large medication document and need to sort out the meds that are 30 characters or less. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! -- cny2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cny2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390956 Use a helper column. If the meds are in column A, in column B (or the next blank column) enter B1: =LEN(A1) and ...