Hyperlink problem to cell in same workbook

I have a hyperlink created by a VB program that should link to a cell
on a different worksheet within the same book.

The hyperlink code currently is as follows:

=HYPERLINK(ADDRESS(4,2,1,FALSE,"MultipleAliases"),"MULTIPLE DP
ALIASES")

MultipleAliases is a separate worksheet and I want the link to jump to
row 4 cell 2 on this sheet.

I realise that normally you need a spreadsheet identifier as part of
the worksheet definition, thus the "MultipleAliases" would be
"[FILE1.XLS]MultipleAliases" if this was saved as FILE1.XLS.

If I do save this file with the altered hyperlink it works. The problem

is when the spreadsheet is first created, it is not yet saved (I guess
it is held in the temporary folder). Thus the hyperlink does not work,
even without [FILE1.XLS] in the text.

While this is still a temporary unsaved file, how do I define the sheet

identifier part of my ADDRESS statement so that it finds the
MultipleAliases sheet in the current document?

You can easily try this out by opening an excel spreadsheet, rename
Sheet2 to MultipleAliases and trying variations of the hyperlink text
in a Sheet1 cell.

Please note, I cannot define the cell to jump to in terms of a named
cell and can only use co-ordinates to identify it (due to this text
being created by VB), hence the use of ADDRESS to locate the cell.

Cheers

Mark

You have a couple of responses to your post in .excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Prevent clicking on a cell

Problem with CFTPConnection

if cell is text move left one column

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Separating Date and Time in a cell

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

Automatic changes in cells

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Sorting Cells by Colors

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...