Hyperlink points correctly, doesn't display right

I have a search routine in my workbook that finds the name of a document
from an active cell on another worksheet, then inserts a hyperlink to that
document.  The hyperlink often does not change to reflect a new document -
yet, when moused over or clicked, it's pointing to the correct document.
I've tried F9 on the hyperlink cell, but it still doesn't change.  Any
suggestions?

Ed

0
ed_millis1 (81)

Sorry - forgot my code.  The data, including the doc name, is on Sheet1.
The searc function is activated by a button on sheet "Get Doc".

Sub FindTIR()

    Dim strLocation As String
    Dim strName As String

    ' Find search path
    strLocation = ThisWorkbook.Path

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    ' Get doc name from list page
    Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
    strName = ActiveCell.Text

    Sheets("Get Doc").Activate

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

    With Application.FileSearch
        .NewSearch
        .LookIn = strLocation
        .SearchSubFolders = False
        .Filename = strName & ".doc"
        .Execute

        Set rngFiles = Range("B10")
        rngFiles.Offset(0, 0) = "Found " & .FoundFiles.Count & " TIR " &
..TextOrProperty
        For lngIndex = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
            ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=rngFiles.Offset(lngIndex, 0),
Address:=.FoundFiles.Item(lngIndex)
        Next
    End With

"Ed" <ed_millis@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a search routine in my workbook that finds the name of a document
> from an active cell on another worksheet, then inserts a hyperlink to that
> document.  The hyperlink often does not change to reflect a new document -
> yet, when moused over or clicked, it's pointing to the correct document.
> I've tried F9 on the hyperlink cell, but it still doesn't change.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> Ed

0
ed_millis1 (81)

Excel Sheet does not display properly
Hello all, I have a basisc Excel chart that included 4 columns and approximately 30 lines, certain columns have different colors...As you can see nothing much... When I save the document as html, and upload that file to my web server - people are complaining that they can only see the top portion of the chart - they keep clicking on the Internet Explorer refesh button and some are able to view it afterwards, some need to remove their cache - and some don't have a problem (some times)...We are all using the exact same version of Office, and IE... Does anyone have any suggestions on...

Re: Displaying Electrical Connections on Two Wires
Hi all, Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me - in layman's terms - how to show electrical connections between two-wires on an electrical schematic drawing in Visio. I am currently using Visio 2002. Say for instance if I draw a three-phase diagram, and from the first phase, I connect a single-phase switch and lamp, how do I show the black-dot connection between the two wires? Many thanks, Regards, Matt On Thu, 1 May 2008 05:23:00 -0700, tips6 <tips6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just wondered if someone may be able to explain to me...

Removed content in right columns and limited size of spreadsheet
I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is now grey). Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of the spreadsheet. How can I recover columns to the right? I can't just click undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet. The data in deleted columns is lost I do not understand how you think you have limited the size of the worksheet That is not possible tell us more best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/...

Showing wire transfers correctly
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 and I had wired some funds from my investment account to my checking account. This shows up on my checking account as an "uncategorized income" line. I tried to change it to a "Transfer" to investment account, but that causes the the investment account to be adjusted as well. Any thoughts on how to fix it? Don't you want to change it to a Transfer **from** the Investment Account? Wasn't your investment account out that money? Don't you want to reflect that in the investment account as well? Why shouldn't it effect both a...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Excel should allow auto shape boxes to be fixed to points on the g
I have constructed a graph that has data added to it daily. On the graph I have used several auto shape boxes to highlight key data milestones. Problem is every time I add new data the auto shape boxes move and have to be manually adjusted to repoint them to the relevant data point. Is there any way they can be fixed to the relevant data points on the graph so that they remain fixed to that point and therefore don't move/shift when new data is added? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Export Mailbox Rights
Ehlo there; Is there any way to export mailbox rights (Ex2000)? � la ldifde exports or cacls... We have issues with some people missing the self rights (even though we have been running Nomass) and we need to fix them. So, I would like to export the stuff to find out the problematic ones. BR TT The rights on the root of the mailboxes are stored in the AD in the msExchMailboxSecurityDescriptor property as a regular NT Security Descriptor object. Glen Scales has some code that will read the information from this: http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/04/reverse-msexchmailboxsecuritydescr...

Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon. I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong? When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everythi...

Multiplying a cell and displaying the result in the same cell
Hi Is it possible to perform a calculation on a cell (well a column) an replace the data in the cell with the result? I have a spreadshee which uploads data to a database (not sure which type - it's mechanical estimating package) and I need to increase the price colum by a certain percentage. I cannot add or delete any of the column otherwise the upload won't work. Thanks Ro -- robspo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robspot's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1532 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Displaying multivalue field data in report
I have an Access 2007 database that was built upon the Access Contacts template. A multivalue field called Tags was added to the Contacts table that may have any or all values available in a table called Attributes. I have some sample data of contacts where the tag field for a record may contain a single tag like smart, or several values like smart, tall, agressive. When I try to display the tag values for each record in a report the displayed value is numeric like 2, 4, 7. How can I get the report to show the actual values instead of what appears to be an index value for eac...

How to Page Break correctly in Report Writer?
I have a customer statement modified report in GP and I am trying to get the report to Page Break when it goes to next customer record, because obviouslly I cannot have 2 customers on same page. So I created a additional footer in Section Options and set it to Page Break on Customer Number. That is working fine, it does page break when customer record changes. But when I have a customer that has 2 pages worth of invoices listed, on the 2nd page header it will list the Name of the following customer. Why is that? For example, I have a customer called ABC and XYZ. It will print the 1st ...

A4 not displayed on screen.
I have Word2003 & XP SP3 The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut. Please help, Frank At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uMqVM88aKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have Word2003 & XP SP3 > > > The appearance of a blank page on the screen ...

PPT 2004 image not displaying in PPT 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a PowerPoint slideshow using MS Office 2004. I have several slides that have images what were copied from Excel (using the Copy Picture... option by holding down Shift > Edit >Copy Picture...) then pasted into the PowerPoint file. The images show up great in PPT 2004. When I open the file in 2008 I get the following results: 1) part of the image is displayed but not complete, 2) the image doesn't show up at all. Here is a sample of what the files look like in 2004 vs. 2008 (image doesn't show...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Automatically move a hyperlink
Anyone know how to automatically move a hyperlink that exists between two spreadsheets when you add a row or column in the base document? ...

Displaying Excel row headers in embedded spreadhseet
I have an excel spreadsheet inserted into a Word document. I want to have the row and column headers displayed in the Word document but I can't seem to find a way to do it. Does anyone have any ideas TIA Bill which version of excel/office do you have? i tried this on excel 2002. when i take the mouse pointer to the left of the table (beyond th boundary of the table), the pointer slants to right (usually it slant left). at that point in time, i right clicked and inserted rows on to of the topmost row. here i could provide headers for the columns. is this what you are looking for ...

Excel email address hyperlink does not update
When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to that email address. When updating or changing the address the hyperlink stays linked to the old address and the edit hyperlink selection when right clicking the address is unavailable although the open hyperlink is available. Changing the value in the cell doesn't tell excel you want the hyperlink changed. Hit Insert|hyperlink (or ctrl-k) to modify the link address, too. Michael wrote: > > When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to > that email address. When updati...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

How to create and delete recovery points for DPM via PowerShell
Knowing how to manipulate DPM by way of PowerShell can come in handy in many situations. For example, I had a case to where I was troubleshooting the DPM console that was crashing and there was a concern as to whether or not recovery points where being made for specific protection groups. Using the PowerShell command we could not only verify this, but we could create a recovery point to any protection group we wished. Another example would be if you wanted to delete some recovery points to reclaim some disk space. Recovery points cannot be deleted by the GUI so you have to use P...

imap folders not displaying messages
Does anyone have and an idea as to why after running a filter on the inbox to move messages to a different folder that they do not appear in the folder until you select that folder? It seems like a sync problem between the server but I am not sure. Thanks for any help ...

Emax Pole Display
Where can I get OPOS drivers for the Emax Ultimate Serial Pole Display? The Emaxintl.com web site seems to be unavailable and calls to the company in CA go unanswered. Does anyone know how to get this line display to work? I've tried the RMS provided drivers to no avail. Thank you ...

Displaying listbox selection in textbox
I av a problem trying to create a macro that the selection made in listbox(List1) to be displayed in a textbox(Text1). here is the code that i did so far but i cant get it to work: Sub Expense_Select() 'Link the data to the listbox Range("G7:G18").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("List1").Select With Selection .ListFillRange = "$G$7:$G$19" .LinkedCell = "" .MultiSelect = xlNone .Display3DShading = False End With End Sub Private Sub List1_Click() 'display the selected item in the textbox Text1.Text = List1.List(List1.ListIndex) End Sub ANY sugg...

In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to
In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in any other program. HELP Did you try selecting the text box? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "mt12" <mt12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A3AC76B-27B7-4E77-9CDB-308A5EF5257F@microsoft.com... > In Pup2003, why can't i right click on text? I use to be able to. I can in > any other program. HELP ...

identify "likely a maximum" point
Hi math guys/gals, I have an "oscillator", points go up and down, (amplitud or frquency not constants) and need to identify if the newest point is probably a maximun or a minimun of such a function. I say probably, because it doesn't need to be perfect, but in hindsight you can see that your solution got close to identify most of the max/min region of that oscillator.... So your solution is doing this: - the latest point is most probably (or close to) a max/min based on the recent points history. Thanks for your time. Mika What is your question? If you're asking one, ...