hyperlink default settings

Hi all

When I type a hyperlink address into a cell the default setting is font size
10/underline etc. How can I change this? I am using OfficeXP (Excel2002?)

Sorry if this has been asked before.

MTIA

Elwyn

0
pro4x (5)

Try changing the Hyperlink style to the size font you want.

Format|Style|choose hyperlink|click modify

(Styles are a workbook level setting--you'll have to do this for each workbook
you want.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Email Router / Default Website / OWA?
We installed the Email Router and it looks like the "An Error Has Occurred" (good lord could they make that red X any larger, it's not like I did anything THAT bad...) problem is related to us not installing the Email Router using the Default Web Site in IIS. However, the default website in IIS is being used by Outlook Web Access. There is no documentation to tell us how any of this will interfere with Outlook Web Access. Does anybody have a solution - is there a way to setup the Email Router on a different website than the default, or does anybody have a solution to ...

Hyperlink addition
There was a hyperlink added to our Intranet page and I need to find out when that link was added. Is there any way to find that out? Thank You! I'm assuming it must have been done elsewhere by someone else, and the web page you have on your Pc - is not the one that was updated, so you can't tell by that when it was last updated - so... log into the host site where the page/site resides, and check the creation date there - that should tell you. ~ ~ unless it's been updated anytime after the hyperlink was inserted. Tracys49 wrote: > There was a hyperlink added to ...

My styles as default in new email
Hi all, I've posted a similar question to this a couple times, but each time I get better at describing what I'm really looking for. :-) Thanks for your patience. I have some styles that I'm partial to (Normal and Heading 1-9 with bullets), and when I open a new email in Outlook 2007 I want those to be the default styles. I don't want to have to choose a Quick Style. I don't want a custom form. I've tried editing the NormalEmail.dotm, but it doesn't produce the desired results: new emails don't have the styles I define in the template. I've struggled ...

Chart Default Line colours

How do I change the default location for importing text files?
In earlier versions of Excel, when I wanted to import text files, I would click "Data", "Import external data", and "Import data". For the first file to import, I would navigate to where the file was, and click on it to import it. After the first file was imported, I would always be in the last folder from which I imported data when I went to get a new file. Now I've upgraded to Excel 2002 using Windows XP Pro. When I want to import data, the import process always starts in the same place -- My Data Sources -- rather than the last place I used, mean...

Character Sets
We are also hearing people complaining that emails are getting rejected because of invalid character sets. Our character set is configured to "Western European ISO-8859-1). I have been reading up and a few places have suggested changing it to (Unicode UTF-8), is this format more common? ...

Should my properties be a method or set by a method
I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the button and one to enable or disable it. Currently setting either property sets that property of the actual start button. Should I be setting these properties via a method? "Leo" <Leo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I am in the process of building a VB6 class that represents the Windows > startbutton. Currently it has two properties, one to set the caption of the > button and one to enable or disable it. Cu...

Setting properties in a Template Text Box
I'm creating a template for an 5th grade elementary teacher to use with her students. I would like the students to be able to click on a text box and be forced to type over the existing text in the box without additional editing, similar to the templates provided by Microsoft. Is that a capability of the software? Second Question: I've not looked yet, is there a way to lock the objects in the document so that they can type in them but not move or resize them? Thanks, -- Carrie, Elementary Resource Teacher ...

how do i set up my ms outlook as my email editor
How does outlook work? Is it used as an email editor? How can I recieve and send emails with outlook? Take a look here.. http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54CA4E1E-0DAB-49B0-AE40-6B9AC31465EF@microsoft.com... > How does outlook work? Is it used as an email editor? How can I recieve > and > send emails with outlook? Thank you very much, Mike. I will get back to you if I encounter any problem. "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User&...

can't open hyperlink in email Outlook 2007
Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I receive a popup that states "This operation has been cancelled do to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems Administrator". Please, how do I fix this? I believe it may do with a recent auto download from MS as both my PC and note book are giving me problems. Thank you for any help to fix this...d Gamma-Deezie wrote: > Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I > receive a popup that states "This operation has been cance...

Purchase order numbers not defaulting correctly
My users are complaining that purchase order numbers are not defaulting correctly and they have to manually overwrite it. For example: Our purchase orders should be in the 10000 series but they keep going back to 7000 series. What are the different conditions under which default purchase order numbers resets itself? What is the way around this? This is Great Plains 9. Dear KT, if you moved the old purchase orders to history then at the time of purchase order creation it will bring the old ponumbers this may be the one of the reasons it is going back to old numbers. Sharat Mittakola ...

The set of folders could not be opened. #2
Using Outlook 2003, with latest Office updates applied and using WinXP. I am getting the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." This happens about once on a daily basis. This is what I am doing to get over it right now - once this message comes up, I re-boot (Start-Shutdown-Restart) my machine and everything works fine after the re-boot. If I just Log Off instead of restarting the computer, the prob...

How to override the default NameSpace when deserializing an xml file
Hi all. In my company we have a webservice that exposes an OBJECT, the company that made the webservice gave us the object dll so that we can have there functionallity (lots of logic). As a part of some changes we made we wanted to remopve the constrain of the dll they gave us, so we started using the class exposed by the webservice and created a special class that will have the functinallity needed for that object. The problem is that the object recieved from some queried to the webservice was saved to a private xml file and is need to be deserialized later on... Now that we have sta...

Send/Receive setting problem Outlook 2002
My co-worker and I are both having a problem with the email setting for leaving a copy on the server. We click the box for saving and choose the amount of days to leave on the server. Then when we close outlook and reopen it is gone. The box is no longer checked to save email on the server. What's happening?? Is there a fix for this problem? ...

Default address list in exhcange 2003
can I delete the default address list to add my own? Think it through and test before you do: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Nue "Josh" <jsawyer@insightbbb.com> wrote in message news:O7Pc%23sBkGHA.4504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > can I delete the default address list to add my own? > I do not suggest doing this unless you want to cause full OAB downloads for your clients. If you want to create your own OAB, create a new one and apply a filter to it (if you wish). Then make sure that your mailbox stores are associated with your new OAB, and your c...

Default Fonts
Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri and double spaced. I understand how to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the corporate font as default. Is it possible?? Harry, How are you deploying Office to your users? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Harry Hornet" <HarryHornet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ADCDEF2-7FAA-4137-856E-8004254F7D12@microsoft.com... > Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri an...

IE 8: W3 and CSS compliant? Standards Mode the default?
Hi; It has been a while since I've kept up with IE development. Is IE 8 supposed to be W3 compliant and do CSS in a standard way? Will it come with a "standards mode" that will let developers toggle from that or "old IE mode"? If it comes with a standards mode will that mode be the default? Thanks Steve In news:5298517c-eac1-419a-b47a-8ea71b44e0f7@y12g2000vbr.googlegroups.com, steve <tinker123@gmail.com> typed: > Hi; > > It has been a while since I've kept up with IE development. > > Is IE 8 supposed to be W3 compliant...

Help
I keep loosing my settings in Excel. Periodically, my toolbars reset back to defaults and my custom toolbars are gone. Also, my custom colors I set in Tools|Options often resort back to defaults. What could be causing this and what can I do to prevent it? What's the easiest and cleanest way to back up these settings and then reapply them when needed? What file keeps the color settings? Thanks. I have had this happen to me. In my case it was caused by opening up files with the defferent settings for all of the options. I got around it by setting one master file with all of th...

How to set GUI thread parent window?
How to set GUI thread parent window? CWinThread* m_pThread = AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS CMyGUIThread),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,NULL,CREATE_SUSPENDED); ??? m_pThread->ResumeThread(); kathy wrote: > How to set GUI thread parent window? > > CWinThread* m_pThread = AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS > CMyGUIThread),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL,NULL,CREATE_SUSPENDED); > ??? > m_pThread->ResumeThread(); > Sorry, but threads do not have a parent window. Perhaps if you try and explain the problem you are trying to solve you can get more helpful answers... -- Scott McPhillips ...

How can I set up highlighting ON the graph?
I have a bunch of different line graphs showing different plots. What I want to do, is be able to use a min and max on the Y axis that will create an area through which the plots go through. However, I want this area to be highlighted in some way to show that the points in this highlighted part are acceptable, and the others are outside the limits. I don't want to manually change the limits of the graph because I want the outside points showing. Not sure how else to explain it. Is this even possible in Excel? Any help would be appreciated. TIA Hi, You could use an extra data...

applying st. dev. of a data set to a trendline forcast
I have a "bowl" with a capacity and flow through (water treatment plant). I have a flow data set with a standard deviation (I cannot have for the entire data set on the chart since it would turn black from too much data). I have a line for 90% capacity of the plant. I have a trendline for my data set (some data is already outside my 90%). I would like to apply that standard deviation to the trendline to forcast when my plant can no longer handle the flow (when my st. dev. is above my 90% capacity. ...

the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation
When I try to install Office 2000 disk 2 I get the above message. I'm signed on as Administrator, I've set all the policies, I can install any other program (including disk 1), and I've tried setting up another user with administrator priveledges. I'm using W2k, svc pack 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ed As in the Office newsgroup. -- As in Publisher "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:#0Grj553DHA.1752@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > As in the Office newsgroup. > > -- > > ...

where is the install for default text box add-in
Maybe you mean Default Text Box v1.0.0.3 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins Normal.pub? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lpyburn" <lpyburn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:692EA943-DB76-474F-B4C4-CA0222EBA04D@microsoft.com... > ...

Default font in dialog property pages
Have to post this again as all attempts to resolve the issue on my own were unsuccessful. The problem is, despite a property page template of a property sheet explicitly indicates that another font than the default MS Sans Serif 8 must be used (e.g. Arial 10), this never comes into effect. I checked the resource file to ensure that appropriate instructions are presented in there: > > IDD_WIZ_PAGE0 DIALOG DISCARDABLE 0, 0, 235, 156 > > STYLE WS_CHILD | WS_DISABLED | WS_CAPTION > > CAPTION "Welcome to the Operation Wizard" > > FONT 10, "Arial"...

Hyperlink Removal??
1) Is there ANY way to enter an email address into a cell WITHOUT Excel automatically making it a hyperlink? This is a most annoying feature and I'd love to know how to turn it off. 2) Sometimes when I right-clink on one of these hyperlinked addresses, the "Remove Hyperlink" option is NOT available. Does anyone know why this is? And how do I remove the hyperlink? Thanks! 1) Look under Autocorrect Options to disable. 2) Cannot replicate this on an unprotected sheet. Would be interesting to find the answer. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:...