Hyper link to another sheet

Hi there,

I have a list of items in the main sheet. For each item
there is a respective sheet named for it. Is it possible
to create a hyperlink whenc licked leading you to that
particular sheet. (I know this can be done through a
command button, but I want this to be done through a
hyperlink).

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Hi Brian,

> I have a list of items in the main sheet. For each item
> there is a respective sheet named for it. Is it possible
> to create a hyperlink whenc licked leading you to that
> particular sheet.

Use the hyperlink function.

Say cell A1 contains the text
Sheet1

Then this function creates a hyperlink to cell A1 on that sheet:

=HYPERLINK("#" & A1 & "!A1","GoTo this page")

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
7/12/2004 9:45:34 AM
And just in case your worksheet name needs single quotes around it (if it
contains spaces for example):

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I relate data of one document to another ?
When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document. How do I do it ? I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the link will be updated as well -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bandi" <bandi@discussions....

hide columns on a protected sheet???
When using MS Excel 2003: I have turned on "Protect Sheet" to protect some formulas from being deleted. Prior to turning on protection I unlocked the cells that I wanted users to be able to edit. And I have checked the box to "Allow all users of this worksheet to:" "Delete Columns". What I *don't* see on the "Protect Sheet" menu is an option to "Hide Columns" Do you know of any way that I can allow users to do this, without turning off the protection in MS Excel 2003? Check "Format Columns" option "under...

Duplicate Emails from one user to another
Hey, Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything seemed all hunky dory. Then one of our original employees starts telling me that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user. No one else recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him). Ive checked his message rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the...

Updating subform control based on another control value in the SAME subform.
Greetings, Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other fields, this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression cannot be overtyped (which is good!). All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate another field (see code below). Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate() Dim CResult As Integer CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult Me.ActualResult.Requery End Sub Thanks Rob SOLVED "Rob W" <Whllrob@aol.com&g...

Add to current table when updating CSV-linked table
I have two tables that are linked tables from two CSV files. These two tables get merged into one via a union query, a few fields are added and eventually a main table of all the records is created with an auto- numbered primary key. The data from the two CSV files comes in daily and I would like to add the data from each day to the end of the main table with the primary key when I update rather than have all the records replaced. Ideally the new records would be added to the end so that the auto-number can still sort it all uniquely. How could I do this? Regards, Tom by using a insert que...

MOP/SOP Link
I am doing some testing scenarios on the MOP/SOP Link window and am coming up with some odd numbers. We do not have our MO's automatically created, we manually create them after regen. but we would like to link SO to them, so I create a sales order, run regen., take the MRP suggestion from the MRP Pegging window to create an MO and turn it into an Open MO. When i go to the MOP/SOP link window i see the Sales Order and the MO i created and i create the link between the 2. But, in the Actual Demand field nothing appears. I run another regen and still nothing. I look at the MO ent...

Breaking automatic link among Office Apps for User Information
Hi: Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically changes user information in MS Word. I need to break that link. I need a different user information for MS Word (for example) and another one for MS Entourage. Can someone point out how to do this? Thanks In article <1142638699.397871.141530@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, "Rodizurieta" <rodrigo@izurieta.com> wrote: > Hi: > > Ref: Office 2004 w/ update 11.2.3 > > I find that changing user information in Entourage automatically > changes user ...

format cell to search text in another cell
I'm trying to make it so that when text is typed in a cell, other cells will read it, and if the text includes certain letters (like "ss" in "dssl" or "ssdl") then it would insert "N/A" in the appropriate cells. i also want it to be able to look for more than one thing. Not case sesitive. Below is by no means code, but i don't know how else to explain it. For instance in cell C14 (IF C3 = "*ss" or "*bl1" then "N/A" else " ") I tried =IF(SEARCH("SS", C6,1)>0,"N/A", " "...

Paste Link Function
Is there a way to be able to copy the paste link function where the cell below automatically increments the cell number? (I.e. "=Monthly!$A$27" copy to cell below "=Monthly!$A$28") Thanks! Naive, If you mean you're copying that formula, take out the $ signs. That makes it a relative cell reference, not absolute as it now is. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "naiveprogrammer" <naiveprogrammer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F603E98-21D2-42C7-9B94-89D203431164@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to be able to copy the past...

Removing links to other worksheets from within a workbook
I have developed a 400-worksheet workbook and during its evolution I have copied some cells from other worksheets. This has created references to other worksheets that no longer exist, so whenever I open the workbook I get the annoying messages relating to "links not found". I am using Excel 2002. When I select Edit/Links then it shows the offending 4 non-existent spreadsheets but I cannot locate the cells that reference them. When I use the Edit/Find and select Options/Within-Workbook to try to locate the spreadsheet references to these non-existent spreadsheets, no cell refe...

Public Folder link question
Running Exchange 5.5 My department has created an intranet web page for the user community to view. We have a team Calendar in Public Folders that is shared out for everyone in the community to view. How can I provide a link on a web page to a public folder? I do not want to have to just provide a path for them to navigate to. I would like for them to be able to simply click on a link that will either: 1. Launch Outlook and open the public folder location automatically or 2. Lauch a web browser that will display the calendar information. Can anyone assist or provide a KB ar...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

How to include a .obj file when linking in IDE of visual studio 2005?
For example, I have generated a .obj file named as ``aaa.obj'', and I am editing a source file named as ``bbb.cpp'', then how can I link aaa.obj into the .exe file generated from bbb.cpp? Thanks. What version of VS are you using? In 7.1 add aaa.obj to Project Properties:Linker:Input:Additional Dependencies If it's in a different directory than the project, add the path to aaa.obj to Project Properties:Linker:General:Additional Library Directories Or you can just include the path as part of the file name in the Linker:Input entry and you won't have to add the ent...

How to move DB files to another drive
Hi, I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard drive and would like to move my log files to that drive. Can someone tell me how to do that. I remember in Exch. 5.5 there was a wizard to do that but I can't find it in Exch. 2003. Thanks for your help. Clayton Right Click the storage group and go to properties. You will find it. On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:16:46 -0600, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm running Exch. 2003 on windows 2003 server and just added a second hard >drive and would like t...

Ref cell in another worksheet
Hi All Sorry for the very basic question. I have several worksheets in a workbook and have named the first sheet 'Info'. This sheet holds such data as 'contract number' and 'user name'..... This data is required on all the other sheets but i would like to just reference the data from the 'Info' sheet What do i have to enter on the other sheets so that this info only has to be entered on the 'Info' sheet How do i reference this data/info from the 'Info' sheet in the header/footer of printed sheets Thanks for any/all help Sal Select the sheet...

Linking cells to MS Project cells
I have an Excel file with cells linked to MS Project cells. There are several MS Project source files involved. When first created all the Excel links worked as expected. Upon reopening the Excel file some cells update properly and others display #NAME?. Does anyone know why and is there a way to fix this? To make matters a bit more confusing I have seen(on rare occasion)upon reopening the Excel file some cells previously displaying the #NAME? value displaying appropriate linked data correctly. ...

Can I add html to publisher doc for anchored link?
I am creating a simple one page newsletter in publisher to send out via a mailing list. It has brief synopsis-articles that have hyperlinks to my web page to the more detailed articles. I would like to be able to add the html code for an anchored link to the exact location within/down the page for a given article. I know the coding, I just don't know how, or if it's possible to add it, or edit the hyperlink that you insert via the menu. Thanks for any input! --Jeff Insert the anchor into the web page using insert > html code fragment. <A NAME="READHERE"></...

I want external HD link to library--HOW?
Songs are backed on external HD. I clicked on advanced options in ADD TO LIBRARY, for FOLDERS TO MONITOR for media files. Added the link to my external...so that MONITORED FOLDERS now supposedly have my songs as E:\NewMUSIC... along with the "automatically added" material from my C drive. HOWEVER--- the player can't find material from either source! WHY? and how to FIX this? thanks. What version of WMP and Windows? If you go to Add to Library again, is the folder you previously added still in the list? If you click OK there and let the process complete, does t...

Manually Posting Monthly Draws from a Another Account
I am trying to determine the best way to post a monthly draw amount in a mutual fund cash account (share price always $1) that occurs on the 5th of each month. Money automatically picks up the deposit in my checking account, but I need to post the change in the mutual fund so that it shows up correctly for reporting as a reduction for the fund. It would be nice if I could have Money do it automatically each month, as well. I currently have entered the draw as a "remove shares" type transaction, but I am not sure if that is the correct way. -- --garyr You need to enter som...

How to link to an image?
I use Publisher 2003. I would like to be able to add a reference to an image file. I want to be able to size it and have it stay that way. If I change the image outside Publisher I want the change to be refleced in Publisher. This makes sense if you have lots of images that change frequently as you design your document. I embedded an image and it looked and printed great. Once I changed it to "save as linked," the quality of the image was completely destroyed. It has a high dpi, but it still looks blurry, nothing at all like the original embedded image. Also, I edited...

Why was "data source" link added?
I did not add any links. Yet suddenly, I started getting messages about a data source link. The link was to ATPVBAEN.XLA. I use a lot of XIRR functions but never before had the link. I broke the link and there does not seem to be any ill effect. What could have caused the link to be added? "Howard Kaikow" <kaikow@standards.com> wrote in message news:ehE4h6FvIHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I did not add any links. > Yet suddenly, I started getting messages about a data source link. > > The link was to ATPVBAEN.XLA. > I use a lot of XIRR functions but neve...

Need to Prevent a protected sheet from being copied?!?
I have a spread sheet that contains sensitive pricing details not to b viewed by the users, but needed due to being referenced in variou equations. This file is to be used by multiple persons who will get this vi email, and then enter data into unlocked cells in order to get a fina 'price'. I have protected both the sheets and the workbook. BUT I can still hilight and copy individual protected sheets and the paste them into a new workbook at which point it is completel unprotected. Ultimately I need to email this to others. Is there a way to prevent this copying and pasting? Thanks...

Compare one year to another, but just YTD
Let's see if I can explain this. I have two sheets, the first sheet is labeled 2005 and the second one is 2006. In A1 thru A12 on both sheets is Jan, Feb, Mar, etc. On 2005 B1 thru B12 we have monthly values. On 2006 B1 thru B7 (as we are just now going into Aug.) we have monthly values. In B13 on both sheets are totals. The problem is I can't compare on year to the next as the total on the 2005 sheet is for the full year. I'd like to add Label in A14 that says 2005 YTD and have a formula in B14 that looks at how many cells in the range B1 thru B12 on 2006 have values then...

Links Mysteiously Disabled
I use Outlook 2003. All of sudden links are being blocked and I'm being asked to "click here to enable links" How do I permanently shut this off. I can't find it under the security settings. -- Warmest regards, Steve This is the new antiphishing feature of SP2. Drag items from the junk folder to the inbox to make them clickable or click on the infobar to enable them in other folders. To disable this feature, look on tools, options, junk email and remove the check from the option to disable links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 ...

another combo box query question
i will apologize in advance for asking again... database set up: table: classes available fields: class class size ID (primary key) table: Classes scheduled fields: class type (from classes available) start date number of students form: class scheduling unbound combo box [combo2] to select class type (based on query of classes available, returns [ID] and [class] need to create: subform showing scheduled [start date] and [number of students] for type of...