HTML_Control Range name

I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet
(not by range) to another workbook.

However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message
indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists.

I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it
appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole
bunch of other names as well.

Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it?

Hi,
Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng
them to something other than commandbutton1. Do you select
all cells when copying or do you right click the sheet tab
then "make copy" ?

- -Mark

0
anonymous (74722)
12/5/2004 11:02:10 PM
Mark;

Thanks.  I will try it out.  Yes, I do have some controls on them.  I will
rename some of the controls from the defaults.

any yes, I am copying the entire worksheets using make copy.

Steven

"Mark" wrote:

> Hi,
> Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng
> them to something other than commandbutton1. Do you select
> all cells when copying or do you right click the sheet tab
> then "make copy" ?
>
> - -Mark

Steven,
  I seem to be having the same problem as you.  Did Mark's suggested
changes work?

Thanks,
Josh

Steven,
  I seem to be having the same problem as you.  Did Mark's suggested
changes work?

Thanks,
Josh

Naming a worksheet
How do you name a worksheet when you are outputting a new worksheet as a result of running a macro. Currently the sheets are being named "Sheet1", "Sheet2", etc. Thanks Without seeing YOUR code activesheet.name="Wow" -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tangier" <nitinhemmady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e680d3de-26d3-4b93-aee5-5489a79a1bb4@a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > How do you name a worksheet when you are outputting a new worksheet as > a result of running a macro. > > Curren...

Print range
We have 2 - 8 1/2 x 11 sheets that we put on one worksheet as one page, but print as 2 pages. Is there a way to designate 2 print ranges at one time and print the entire worksheet at one time, as two pages? It is a wide financial document, with multiple columns that extends over more than one page in width. Currently, I set two different print ranges and print the sheet twice. Anything easier? Thanks. You could do your normal print setup one more time and this time Record a Macro while doing it.......then in the future just run the macro and it will do all the stuff for you automatically...

group by age range
I have a list of names with ages. I want to show the number of people that are 0-7, 8, 13, and 14-17. Can I group by the ranges in a pivot table to count the ranges? Try using these equations =COUNTIF(DATARANGE,"<=7") =COUNTIF(DATARANGE,"=8") =COUNTIF(DATARANGE,"=13") =COUNT(DATARANGE)-COUNTIF(DATARANGE,"<14")-COUNTIF(DATARANGE,">17") Barb Reinhardt "jenn" wrote: > I have a list of names with ages. I want to show the number of people that > are 0-7, 8, 13, and 14-17. Can I group by the ranges in a pivot table to ...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

AutoFilter to Named Range
I have a sheet of data I want to programatically filter (by track) into subsets and assign the filtered data to named ranges. Sample data: Track PosX PosY 4 33 41 2 19 73 2 21 68 4 36 38 6 83 12 4 35 38 4 36 40 6 81 14 2 23 67 So, for example, a named range "track4" would consist of all the PosX and PosY data corresponding to track4. Can anyone suggest some code to start with? How about this: Option Explicit Sub te...

Inbox name changed on it's own
The name of my Outlook 200 Inbox mysteriously changed to the subject line of one of my emails- How can you change it back? You might be able to change it back in OWA -- ~jason k ________________________________________________________________ please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom remember to check http://www.technet.com and http://www.google.com ________________________________________________________________ "JF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:094e01c3cfa2$b8687190$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

Open Microsoft Excel [Shee1$] where the name is NOT Sheet1
I have an asp.net app that allows users to upload excel spreadsheets, opens them, displays the data, allows manipulation and then inserts the results into a SQL database. It works fine as long as the name of the sheet is 'Sheet1'. Is there a way to read Sheet1 without knowing what its' name is? Here is what I am doing right now: <code> Dim myds As New DataSet Dim MyExcelConnectStr As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDb.4.0;data source=" & strFileName & ";Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=No;IMEX=1""" strExcelSQL = &...

Frequency of a range
Please, I have a list of numbers, eg. : ( I8:I507 ) I need to know the frequency of a range at this list of numbers. That range is at C1 and C2 Cells, eg.: ( C1 = 1 and C2 = 13 ), so ( 1,2,3,.....,13). I used =COUNTIF(I8:I507;C1) , but I need to reach the range, not only one value. Is there a way to to this ? Using >C1 and <C2 ? Thanks Ren� You might want to check out Tools > data Analysis > Histogram...............you can build a BIN (list) of your 1 to 13 numbers and get a distribution........how many hits on each number............ Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABG...

automate delete blanks in data range
I have rows of answers to 10 �Multiple choice� questions (each questio has 5 possible choices. Each row contains a 10 total answers, tha could appear in any of the 50 cells that appear in columns. Therefor there are random blank cells throughout the spreadsheet, but if I wer to were to delete all the blanks cells and simply shift the cells t the left, I achieve the desired effect (b/c there are is no one wh could skip a question and I know the order of the questions). Which can do by hand, but how do I automate the process of removing blan cells from a data range -- mikesmith20055 ---------...

The POP3 server name you specified cannot be found #2
I am using Outlook 2000 and I recently started getting the message listed below. The server name is correct and the only way to correct the problem is to remove the account and re-add it. The only problem with that is it works for a day or less then stops again. Any help is greatly appreciated. "The POP3 server name you specified cannot be found. Please check the name and try again" ...

Help with default class object name.
Hi All! I am trying to access a function within an external class (derived from CDialog), but I am not sure of what Windows calls the object at the time of creation, so that I may make a call to it. Please could someone point out where I may need to look? To clarify, I have added a function to my CDialog derived class, call ReturnPath(). To call on it, I need to do 'objectname.ReturnPath(). I need to figure out what Windows calls this object when it is automatically created. Hope this makes sense. Many thanks in advance. Daz I am sorry, but I wasn't able to follow what you are t...

Transfer Spreadsheet method Not replacing Sheet Name
I have this line of code which Transfers one record of a query and make a Worksheet named A_EXPORT. This worked fine until I started havin some linked references in the workbook to this newly created shee A_EXPORT Now instead of replacing the sheet every time I transfer data fro Access to Excel it is adding a sheet named A_EXPORT1 etc How can I get this to replace the sheet or can I copy the recordset t row 2 of A_EXPORT instead? EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!!!!! DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "A_EXPORT", str, True, "" FollowHyperlink st -- Message posted from http://ww...

Can one Exchange server handle multiple domain name?
Hi all, My company has 3 names and has signed up for 3 internet domains. We plan to install Exchange to handle our email. Can Exchange route email for 3 different domain names? Can my Outlook users choose a domain name before sending their email? We only have one w2k file server / DC controller and plan to add a 2nd box for the Exchange. Thanks. we handle about 30 domains, very easily...all one Exchange org...as for your users choosing which address, there is a utility out there...see this: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml "the_mail_man" <themailman@discussions...

Saving and opening a named folder using VB
Hi, In creating a workbook, I seem to have struck a dificulty in that if the workbook is transferred to another computer I need to change some of the code each time (as the other computers run different versions of windows, so the path to a specific folder is different.) The code that's affected relates to saving the file and opening the file using VB code within that file. Is there some way that excel can create a new named folder and place it in the My Documents folder so that the procedure would work in allcircumstances? AND also look for that folder (wherever it may be found) to open ...

Outlook 2002 Field Names
How do I NOT display the Field Name? Outlook 2002 displays the Field Name (Mailing Address) in the Address Card View. ...

Send to my box one thousand people names and email addresses
i need one thousand names and email addresses Display their names also <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i need one thousand names and email addresses Yeah, like people will be stupid enough to do that! -- Brian Tillman "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87AF0B51-09A5-411C-8AC5-9F8801EC0779@microsoft.com... >i need one thousand names and email addresses Make them up yourself. "Display their names also" <Displaytheirnamesalso@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Mailbox name change Exchange 2000
Dear MCSEs, MVPs, Microsoft support pros etc... Having read about 50 different posts on this newsgroup, I still haven't found the ANSWER. It seems so simple, that I don't know why even Microsoft employees can't answer this. Read on.. 1) A user changes his name 2) As the Exchange administrator I must change 'From' field in his email. So I change a) Display name in AD b) Alias in Exchange General c) Rename Account name 3) I go to Recepient Update Service and Click Update Now After these steps I create a test message. If I click on To: field I can see that the user's n...

Range Naming, dimensioning
=SUMIFS(E9:E1494,C9:C1494,1) This formula works ok. If I rename range E9:E1494 as "Col_1" and change the formula to =SUMIFS(Col_1,C9:C1494,1) I get #VALUE error. The range is formatted as number. Also ... If I delete some cells in a range, referring formulae are modifie accordingly, but if I add cells in the range the formulae do no recognize the change Thanks for helping a noob -- contiw Not sure why there's no response as yet to this posting .. Just hazarding some thoughts. I don't know/don't have xl2007 so I'm not able to test this. > =SUMIFS(Col_1,C9:...

load range of cells from one file into a different file
I want to load a range of cells from a spreadsheet in one file into a spreadsheet in a completely different file. I know how to do this with a cell by cell reference to the cells in the different file but I'm wondering if I can simplify this by using a named range.I'm not experienced with using named ranges and so far all my attempts have failed. Also, I would be interested to know if cell formats can be transferred in addition to the cell contents? Thanks for some tips. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Select the range, copy it, go to the new workbook, select the first cell, do edit>...

Autofill a range of cells based a a txt value in a separate cell
I have a speadsheet that has a function to display the day of the week based on the date. I want to color in all cells (several rows and columns) under this header to distinguish weekends. I will still need to input text into these cells on an occasional basis. I am new to Excel, and I am trying to automate what a predecessor took hours to do mannually. Thank you for your help in this matter C20driver --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at 'Format - Conditional format'. >-----Original Message----- >I have a speadsheet that has a functi...

Fixing user with wrong Domain Logon Name
This is both a comment and question. When adding a new user I forgot to preface his Domain Logon Name with the domain. Instead of typing domain\username I simply typed username. There was warning message that was generated but then the user got created. I opened the newly created user in an attempt to fix my mistake but the Domain Logon Name field was greyed out. I "fixed" the problem by modifying the users' record in the SystemUserBase table in the CompanyName_MSCRM database. So far everything seems to be working but if any of you see a problem with how I fixed this ...

Newbie question / plug in a value for a cell based on a range for that value
Hey guys, New to Excel so sorry if this explanation isn't the clearest in terms of correct terminology. In one section of my spreadsheet I have a list of percentage values associated with numbers 1-20. For example #10 is listed with the percentage value of 38.4% in the cell next to it (O14 and P14). In another section of the spreadsheet I have a quick formula that I'd like to use these %'s based on what number (1-20) is entered. In my spreadsheet the % I want to use for this #10 is listed in P14 (38.4%). What can I plug into my formula so when I enter "10" is kno...

Variable (select) TABLE name in query
I am looking for a solution to create a single query which allows a user to select from a Form which Table to use. Presently, I have queries which point to each table directly (This was ok when it was only two tables but this has grown very quickly to 11 Sharepoint Lists) I am getting tired of manualy updated each query and related report form. My idea is to have a simple Form to allow the user to select which Table to use as the source. This is what I have now: Several SharePoint lists. All the lists use the same exact table structure Three queries for each list One report for each que...

activity for a spcecific hosted domain name
Hello: I am running exchange 2003 hosting multiple domain names. I am looking to find out if there is a way to see how much mail, if any, is being sent/received by one specific domain name. My company acquired a domain name for a project a few years ago (before I worked here) and no one seems to know if it is still being used. I would like to remove it from our exchnage servers and not have to re-register it if it is not being used. -- Andy Rudolph You can open your SMTP protocol logs in notepad/Excel and search for the domain.... Or you can download trial version of reporting tool...

delete spaces between last name and first name
Hi, I have a table downloaded from a site with a list of names like that: Alameddine, Jacob ALBRECHT, DAVID Alcantara Plata, Rigoberto BARTOLOMEO, ANTONIO I need to get the names with no spaces in between the last name, and first name, such as: Alameddine,Jacob ALBRECHT,DAVID Alcantara Plata,Rigoberto BARTOLOMEO,ANTONIO Any idea son how I can put a condition in a query or SQL? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Use the Replace function: Replace(FullName, " ", "") -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Ra" wrote: > Hi, > > I ...