how to use roundup

how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 to
1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800
thank alot
0
r4319hb (1)

=ROUNDUP(A1,-2)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901
> 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800
> thank alot

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/24/2005 1:09:36 PM
=CEILING(A1,100)

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901
> 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800
> thank alot

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Why is InnerException used
Hi! Some exception has further information in the Inner Exception property. For example the SmtpException has useful information in the InnerException that can be used Here is an example catch (SmtpException ex) { Exception inner = ex.InnerException; MessageBox.Show("Could not send message: " + inner.Message, "Problem sending message", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error); } So my question is why is not the InnerException.Message information put into the SmtpException.Message ? ...

Using drop-down lists with keyboard
I am having trouble implementing drop-down lists in a way that is easy for a user who is using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Standard combo-box controls are great - a user can tab into the field, type the first few letters of the value they want, then tab on out to the next field in the form. Maybe 5% of the time an experienced user might need to actually drop-down the list to find the value they want. I want this same ability in a worksheet cell. The combobox form control supports this (with MatchEntry = fmMatchEntryComplete), but if I place a combobox on a cell, the user has to click o...

Using alias address
We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in exchange but I can use a POP server. So I set up the alias to use the POP and made it my default account. But it still continues to use the exchange serever account on outgoing mail. Incoming mail is working fine for both the accounts. Isnt there a way I can use the alias to send the e-mail as well? I can change the outgoing accont/address for each message but by default it picks up the exc...

I need help to start using microsoft outlook to receive my mail .
I have tried before to set up my microsoft outlook for my mail with no success. MikeR wrote: || I have tried before to set up my microsoft outlook for my mail with || no success. And what has happened? Have you checked your mail settings with your ISP? Any error messages? Help us to help you. -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk I forgot how to get that info., but I think I did that before like - getting the pop & other info in there and still to no avail.. "Gordon" wrote: > MikeR wrote: > || I have ...

Need to import select Access data into Excel using two variables
I have a large amount of data in Access, more than Excel can manage. The data consists of many columns; has Col_1 as unique key 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc… and contains data that includes Col_2, Col_3, Col_4 etc…. It takes a combination of Col_2 and Col_3 to get the data I want. Col_2 has duplicate values and Col_3 makes the subset unique. One more thing… Col_3, Col_4 etc…may have blanks throughout the table and can’t be changed. I don’t own it. I want to be able to open Excel, type “Number from Col_2” into Col_A , “(Number fromCol_3) or (blank)”into Col_B and have the Col_4, Col_5 etc… d...

When using the Publisher Web Site Wizard I get an error that Publi
Can somebody help me please? When using the Publisher Web Site Wizard I get an error that Publisher cannot complete the action. I have run a Repair and Reinstallation and the Web Wizard still doesn't work. Has anyone seen this problem before. Sincerely, VanNimRodDius X ...

how do i create a repeating student certificate using excel
i have a database of my class and i want to make a repeating student certificate using excel is their any way to do this in a simple way ?? > i have a database of my class and i want to make a repeating student > certificate using excel I'd use MS-Word's mail merge feature. For details, look in Word's built-in Help for "mail merge." Design your form in a separate sheet. In the Cell where the Name goes Use Data Validation and choose list and reference the range for the names. You can select the first name and Print off the certificate then sel...

Using cell refs in Excel hyperlinks.
Is this possible? This would be so useful!! Piker It is always helpful to state which version of Excel you are using. Excel 2002...... Right-click on a cell and select "Hyperlink". Select from left "Place in this Document". From the list of worksheets pick the sheet and enter a cellref or choose named range and OK. Excel 97.............. Right-click on a cell and select "Edit Hyperlink". "Link to File or URL" browse to your workbook(file) and select>OK. "Named Location in File" browse to your sheet and enter a cellref or named ...

Handling HTML events using MFC/C++ #2
Hello guys! I have following situation: I created application and embedded Microsoft Web Browser ActiveX, so I can modify HTML content, iterate through element collections (suppose I have button with id="myButton" - I already can change its caption, change elements, pictures, etc.). The problem is that I can not capture events from within the ActiveX control (here: Web Browser). There is a HTMLElementEvent2 interface, but I don't know how to create my own implementation of Event Sink. Please look at code below and help me with this, or point to proper paper or sample code. Help...

How do I connect to IncrediMail? I use Vista, Windows 7, Virgin
I have used IncrediMail for years and love it but since installing Windows 7 I just cannot connect to it. In consequence, I have had to set up an email account with Virgin Media. I updated IncrediMail to see if that worked - no. I have tried all the "help" but cannot understand what to fill in, in the sections - I need step-by-step instructions. Gringe (or whatever) didn't give enough detail - just gave, "fill in on screen instructions"! I don't know exactly what to type in the sections for IncrediMail. Please help as I cannot use a boring email acco...

Problems using Word as Editor
Am using Office/Outlook 2000. My OS is Windows XPMCE. This just started where I get this error statement: Can't open this item. Microsoft WordMail could not be started. Try one of the following: Close any open dialog boxes in Word. Make susre Word is installed correctly. Close other programs and try again. If I quit Word from the task box or restart my computer, I can open an email and read it in Word because the computer reloads it. If I try to open another or try to write an email I get the message. I've tried reinstalling Office but the problem still persists. I've never had th...

Using Exchange to book boardroom
We've been running Exchange 2k3 for about 3 months now... and everything works great. We'd now like to use exchange to book/manage some of our board rooms. I've read about a couple of ways to do it. Anyone have any suggestions on the 'best' way? ;-) Thanks! You need to setup resource mailboxes for your conference room(s) and either a) set them up to autoaccept meeting requests when there are no conflicts or b) use the AutoAccept Agent (recommended). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=en Configu...

Reprot builder 2.0 how to use URL access parameter
Hi, i will create a link button in my system, when the user click the link, it will redirect to reporting services to open a report, for example the link is http://test-server/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fCustomer+Sales+Listing&CompanyID=DEMO which CompanyID is my parameter i want pass to the report. When the report load how i can receive this parameter and filter the data column CompanyID=DEMO only will appear in the report. Thanks Yue ...

Advice, help on code using winapi and month-calendar-object of Comctl32.dll
Hello, I tested the following VBA-code (see below) in excel 2000 on Windows XP. And it works The code is used in a userform called CalendarUserForm (height 216 points, width 170 points) with two CommandButtons (OKButton, CancelButton) on the userform.On the userform, the code creates a month-calendar-control using the WIN-API. I know i could use the Microsoft MonthView Control ActiveX-object in MSCOMCT2.OCX. But it is difficult to distribute and install these ocx-files on other systems. info about the month-calendar-object: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Using CFileFind::FindNextFile() in a Loop
I have some doubt using CFileFind::FindNextFile() function. How can I use this function in a loop to check all files matching a particular criteria. When it gets the 'last' matching file what it returns? Also when it gets 'no more' matching files - what does it return? Please help with code example -- as MSDN doesn't say much clear about these things Sincerely Sanjoy Sinha Roy HCL Technologies SSRoy a écrit : > I have some doubt using CFileFind::FindNextFile() function. How can I use > this function in a loop to check all files matching a particular cr...

Using CDC to generate graphics image file
My server application requires generating graphics image files. As you can appreciate, I would rather not develop a complete MFC application, so I don't want to start with code like this: CPaintDC dc(this); m_FirstPaint = FALSE; m_DC = new CDC; m_DC->CreateCompatibleDC( &dc ); m_Bitmap = new CBitmap; m_Bitmap->CreateCompatibleBitmap( &dc, BITMAP_X, BITMAP_Y ); Instead, perhaps there is a way to use CreateDC to create an DC for an image in one of the popular formats such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, ect. I hope you can help me with code that creates the correct DC ...

Printing checks using ML Checks
Is there a way for printing checks using ML Checks without having the "Power user" roles? If I give every roles except the "power user", I am getting this messages: "Not privileged to run this report". But as soon as I give the "Power User" role, everything is fine. Thanks -- Pat Hi Pat, The reports for ML are in the Financial and Purchasing series. You need to make sure these reports are included in one of your roles. I forgot to mention that in my earlier response. Kind regards, Leslie "Pat" wrote: > Is t...

Can I use another OEM cd for a clean install?
I have OEM lic version of XP, but Dell did not provide a recovery disc. Could I use another OEM CD from another Dell? Would this be a license violation??? On May 31, 12:33=A0pm, "Ed H" <edandsa...@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote: > I have OEM lic version of XP, but Dell did not provide a recovery disc. > Could I use another OEM CD from another Dell? Would this be a license > violation??? I don't know about that, but Dell is always happy to send you a replacement set of media: https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/bac= ...

Using track changes/review
Does Publisher 2007 have a track changes and/or review feature similar to other Office Products? No... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Linell" <Linell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:337BDE5E-0C0C-4258-8B6F-F9F0ABDAED25@microsoft.com... > Does Publisher 2007 have a track changes and/or review feature similar to > other Office Products? ...

row number: specifying the group when using "over group"
I'm having a problem with row numbers in a report with three groupings. The exact subject matter is a bit arcane, so as an example I'll use taxi cabs. My question is simple: how do I get the desired result (listed third below)? In other words, how do I specify the group when asking for a running sum "Over Group"? (The hypothetical data assumes as fixed-width font.) Thank you, Alec -------------------- OVER ALL -------------------- Row | Day: Tuesday ------------ Driver: Alice ------------- Odometer Start | Odometer Stop ...

Auto Fill Form fields based on another field's value using a IIF
Hello once again...I'm back I am trying to have the value for our Zipcode field to automatically be added based on what city we select from our combo box for cities. Zipcode field = Zipcode City combobox field = lucity I have tried using the IIF statement IIf([lucity]=Belton,[Zipcode]=29627,0) placed in the properties of the Zipcode field in the form but it doesn't work. I have about 12 cities to do this with. Any suggestions? Thanks -- JCW On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:44:01 -0800, JohnW <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello once again...I&#...

Want docs to use Office 2004 apps by default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have Office 2008 and 2004 installed, and both seem to work fine. However, my computer is older so I would like to continue to use Office 2004 by default, and Office 2008 selectively. The problem is, setting a doc to open with the 2004 version never 'sticks'. Even if I use Finder->Get Info, and set a .doc or .xls file to open with an Office 2004 app, and even click 'Change All' so all apps do this, double-clicking always results in the 2008 app launching. Is it possible to change this? Thanks! Th...

Is there a way to set a namespace prefix using XmlSerializer
I want to use the XmlSerializer to let .NET do the serialization for me to produce the following XML: <ws:Security xmlns:ws="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext"> <ws:UsernameToken> <ws:Username>test_case_user6</wsse:Username> <ws:Password>password</wsse:Password> </ws:UsernameToken> </ws:Security> Is there any way, maybe through class and member attributes or properties in the XmlSerializer, to be able to tell the XmlSerializer to include the "ws:" prefix when it serializes the following clas...

Use text in a cell to reference a sheet
Hi - I'm trying to reference the text of a cell to reference another sheet. Example: D3 is a text cell that has contents of "Sheet4" Is it possible to use the text in that cell to reference another sheet Example: =D3!A1 (So the end result would be equivalent to "=Sheet4!A1" without havin the sheet explicitly stated) Of course, the example above does not work, so I tried various ways o dereferencing the D3 cell to make it work - putting it in quotes putting it in parentheses, using CELL(contents,D3), etc. I couln' seem to come up with anything that would prop...

How to use the control MSChart?
1. I write a program using vc and control mschart,but I want to not to divisive equally,for example the y-axis is from -5 to 205 and I want to display the scale at 135,could you tell me how to do? 2. I want to display the chart that it can have different color,if the data is less than 135 it display blue,if the data is larger than 135, it display different color:it display blue from -5 to 135 and it display red from 136 to end,could you tell me how to solve it? Thank you. ...