how to use power point

I am trying to use my power point for the first time and am clueless on how
to do it, can you give me instructions on how to use it?
0
Benson (12)

"sara benson" wrote:
> I am trying to use my power point for the first time
> and am clueless

That is an understatement.  Try posting in a PPt
newsgroup.
Sara

Try a powerpoint news group.

Here's a list to all microsoft news groups(with links).

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:04:02 -0800, "sara benson" <sara
benson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to use my power point for the first time and am clueless on how
>to do it, can you give me instructions on how to use it?
0
Gord

Symbols used in Excel?
Can anyone tell me how to incorporate symbols into a spreadsheet? I know there is a way to use key combinations to have information represented as "degrees" but if that one exists, what others are out there? I had someone ask me how to show the "trademark" symbol, or the "register" symbol? There must be a tips and tricks list somewhere showing these things. The problem is, I can't find it. If anyone out there can give me a heads up on this, I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks - Angela Angela, The easiest way to do this is to enter the formula =...

using paid servers with Outlook Express.
I've been using news.eternal-september.org, a free text server with Outlook Express. Does giganews work with Outlook Express? Can Outlook Express deal with binary newsgroups? Should I use a different news program like Forte Agent? I have a very old version of Forte Agent, but I like having my newsgroups right there by my email. Oops. I should have posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress ...

Using MS Office components in VC++ and MFC?
Is it poossible to use MS Office components in VC++? In my MFC application I would like to use the drawing feature of Word or Excel where users can create rectangles/text boxes/connector lines etc. Any sample code please? -Harish You can use them, but you cannot distribute them. joe On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:55:00 -0800, Harish <Harish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it poossible to use MS Office components in VC++? In my MFC application I >would like to use the drawing feature of Word or Excel where users can create >rectangles/text boxes/connector lines etc. Any s...

format one data series, with error bars, and use it as default
In Excel can I format one data series with custom plus and minus standard deviation error bars and custom colors and then have the chart use that as the default? I couln't use a format painter to do. JBR, Yes, once you've created the chart with your custom error bars and colors, save it to the Custom Types Gallery: (1) Select (active) the chart. (2) Go to Chart -> Chart Type -> Custom Types Tab -> User Defined. (3) Click the Add button and you should see the Add Custom Chart Type Dialog box. (4) Enter a name and optional description for your chart. (5) Click OK and...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

How to set Out of Office response using IE
We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet Explorer. How do I do that? TIA Outlook Web Access. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, KAL SANNEDHI asked: | We are using Exchange v5.5 with SP4. | I would like to set the "Out of Office" reply message via Internet | Explorer. How...

Do I Need Main Identity Now that I am Not Using Entourage?
I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I don't know if there are settings that I need for PowerPoint, Word or Excel. Should I delete it? Leave it alone? Thank you. On 12/17/09 12:15 PM, in article 505f340d-b11f-422f-a86b-8de2f665aa52@k32g2000prb.googlegroups.com, "kerpa" <keroutt@gmail.com> wrote: > I stopped using Entourage a couple of years ago. I am unsure if any > Microsoft Office 2004 applications use this other than Entourage. I > don't know i...

How do I create an email using a category list?
I just want to email a category of people vs. setting up a distribution list. Can I do that? Help with Outlook <Help with Outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just want to email a category of people vs. setting up a > distribution list. Can I do that? Display your Contacts in the By Category view, select the category, then click Actions>New Message to Contact. -- Brian Tillman Add categories to their contact record in the contacts folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

How to use If Then
I have a form field dropdown box that has two options. I need to put an If statement after it that should read something like "If Box=Applies "more text" else blank." So the following text will either appear or remain blank. I can't figure out how to reference a field form entry in the If function or if this is even possible. Please help. Hi That70sHeidi, Your IF field's construction should be: {IF{REF Dropdown1}= "Applies" "Additional text"} To get the correct 'name' to use for 'Dropdown1', right-click on the for...

Microsoft CRM 3 And Calyx Point
Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates Microsoft CRM 3 and Calyx Point? If so, does it work well? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com This might help. http://www.crmchump.org/2006/06/access_microsof.html ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03C4B3C2-7BEC-4DC7-BF08-FC1F40F636A8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a third party product that integrates > Microsoft > CRM 3 and Calyx Poi...

Using Worksheets
Can you alphabetize worksheets by name or put worksheet numerical... Stuller You'll need code for this Check here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#SortAllSheets -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Stuller" <Stuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D894398-6F2C-408B-8550-E134D7DA9A00@microsoft.com... > Can you alphabetize worksheets by name or put worksheet numerical... Thank You. "Nick Hodge" wrote: > Stuller > > You'll need code for ...

Use of check boxes in a database
Hi I'm hoping for some help in this. I have included the use of checkboxes in my database. So basically, if it's checked, it means yes. If not, it means no. The people who are using this database would like me to include the word yes or no adjacent to the checkboxes. I believe this is redundant but they're insistent on the inclusion. What do you think is the best way to deal with this question? Thank you in advance for your help. On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:03:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I'm ho...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I've tried to copy data in outlook folders (from office computer unit) to thumbdrive in order to re-paste to another computer (at home) and can read the data again? Please kindly advice/ suggest Answered daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ V...

Use this critical update
--oxsummclqoh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="adbdqcjxthhx"; type="multipart/alternative" --adbdqcjxthhx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eoulunxroh" --eoulunxroh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain th...

Using Access 2000 packaging and deployment wizard
Hi In Access 2000 when I open a module in my app and from Addins menu run the Access 2000 packaging and distribution wizard, it cerates the distribution package with the original MDB. How can I make it instead include the MDE of the app instead? Thanks Regards ...

Can you use company address for Word mail merging
When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. Is that possible Hi, This is possible and can be achieved using .Net. Ram "KWalker" wrote: > When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the > address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer > "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. > > Is that possible ...

external (not remote) data ranges using defined names
I have created a Source file containing information that I want to access from multiple Destination files. From time to time I will need to add rows or columns to the Source file and have this reflected in the Destination workbooks. I am using Validation lists and Defined names to do this and it works OK. As long as the two workbooks are open any changes to the Source file are reflected in the Destination file. But if the Destination is closed while the Source file is being changed, when the Destination is open the reference in the Defined Name has not changed even if the program ask...

How to receive and send XML using .NET
I would like to receive XML over the internet (via HTTP Post or SOAP), read it, perform some server side operations, and send back an XML response that would depend on the contents of the XML received. Seems simple, but I cannot find a good example of how to do this. In the Microsoft "Developing XML Web Services.." book, there is a nice discussion of XML and how to load it from a file and directly in code as a stream/string, but no mention of how to get or send it via HTTP. In an HTTP Post, how do I write my XML to the header and how do I read it? Also, is it necessary to use...

Can I use a worksheet name in a formula?
I'm using Office 2007 I have a workbook with 20+ pages. On one of them I want to use a formula that refers to a worksheet name, but in different cells I want it to refer to different worksheets. I have a cell that currently has a name typed into it that matches a worksheet name. Can I refer to the contents of that cell (INDIRECT) and use the content to refer to the correct worksheet and then go to that worksheet for the data? eg. Sheet called Christmas. In cell H2 value = Pudding on another sheet cell B2 value = Christmas. I want the formula in cell J12 to go to Sheet C...

I need to chart some data points!
I am trying to chart two columns from a .csv file. In the Chart Wizard. When it gets to the Data Range, the field is blank. So I high lite the two columns again, and try to hit next button. Microsoft excel says, "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference. It won't chart my data. What should I do? Is it 2003 excel fault? If I try to chart a .xml file with the same steps and it works. Also out of the high lited columns; Data Range field is already filled in corre...

Unable to use Passport
Using MS Money 2005 Standard. Needed to change all passwords. Went to each vendor/institution website and changed pw. Went to passport.com and changed pw for user ID. Accepted it just fine, have reopened IE, returned to passport.com and was allowed to log in using new pw. I signed into this newsgroup using new pw. However, MS Money would not allow me to use new pw with passport sign in. I restored my backup from yesterday, signed in offline. Went to file/pwmanager and "removed" passport. Closed MSMoney. Reopened Money w/no password. Went back to file/pwmanager. Cho...

UsedRange (Best way to determine to use for PrintArea)
Using XL 2003 & 97 How do I finish the following: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ???UsedRange??? Attempting to use a Macro to set all PageSetup paramaters for all Sheets in the ActiveWorkbook. Got all except that I want to set the PrintArea to the UsedRange of each sheet. (Attempted and it did not work): Dim MyRange As Range MyRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange With EachSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = MyRange . ........................... End With Thoughts? TIA Dennis Hello Dennis MyRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address HTH Cordially Pascal ...

Getting started - RMS vs. other POS systems
hello, I need some more info on what ms RMS can do. Is there a way to get a trial cd? can I get just the help files? I have been looking at www.gopositve.com POSitive For Windows. any experience with that? Anyone like to compare and contrast<G> the two? or any other POS systems? thanks for your time, You can get an evaluation CD and/or an in person demo from any RMS Reseller. To find a reseller in you area: http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/ You can also order more information and a demo CD direct from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mb...

how to use imperial weights in Excel
How can I get a running total in Excel working in lbs and ozs Zebedee, One way: Starting in row 2, enter the pounds in one column (A), and the ounces in another (B). Then in a third column (C), use the formula =SUM($A$2:A2) + INT(SUM($B$2:B2)/16) and in a fourth column (D), use the formula =SUM($B$2:B2) -INT(SUM($B$2:B2)/16)*16 and copy down to match your columns of data. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Zebedee" <Zebedee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CBDB5B4-FC3E-45DE-A72E-D1907C003112@microsoft.com... > How can I get a running total in Excel working...

Power Point
I am having trouble with Power Point and don't know how I have a blank screen in the Slide Show and not on the Slides with numbers beside them. HELP! Is it the last 'slide?' If so, you might have the PP option of 'end with black slide' enabled. Check Tools | Options... | View tab Also, you should ask PP questions in the PP newsgroup. Much higher probability of resolving your problems if you do. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AC3A117...