How to use outlook address in Excel

Hello,

I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like
to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my
customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I
am writing a new invoice in Excel.

In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the
Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel.

Can somebody help me ?
0
Slokker (1)

"Henny Slokker" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like
> to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my
> customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I
> am writing a new invoice in Excel.
>
> In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the
> Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel.
>
> Can somebody help me ?
Below is a macro that I use to pull just first and last name plus email
address from my Outlook contacts.  It would be a pretty simple modification
to grab street address infomation instead but I only keep email info in
Outlook.  Above the code window, go to Tools>References and set a reference
to "Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object library" (you may have something other
than 11).  You could either modify this to place the data to a sheet not
being used (this places the list of contact info on sheet1 as written) or
you might want to fill an array or set up a list box.  It just gives you an
idea of how to access items in an Outlook folder (in this case, Contacts).

-------------------------------------

Public olApp As Outlook.Application
Public olNS As Outlook.NameSpace

Function InitOutlook() As Boolean
   On Error GoTo Init_Error
   Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
   Set olNS = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

   InitOutlook = True

Init_End:
   Exit Function
Init_Error:
   InitOutlook = False
   Resume Init_End
End Function

Sub ContactGrab()
Dim fdContacts As Outlook.MAPIFolder
Dim fdItems As Outlook.Items
Dim fdItem As Object
Dim R As Integer

If olApp Is Nothing Then
   If InitOutlook = False Then
      MsgBox "Unable to initialize Outlook application or namespace"
      Exit Sub
   End If
End If

Set fdContacts = olNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)
Set fdItems = fdContacts.Items

Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Clear

R = 1
With Sheets("Sheet1")
  .Rows("1").Font.Bold = True
  .Cells(1, 1).Value = "Contacts First Name"
  .Cells(1, 2).Value = "Contacts Last Name"
  .Cells(1, 3).Value = "Contacts Email Address"
  .Columns("A").ColumnWidth = 32
  .Columns("B").ColumnWidth = 36
  .Columns("C").ColumnWidth = 26

End With

For Each fdItem In fdItems
On Error Resume Next
R = R + 1
With Sheets("Sheet1")
  .Cells(R, 1).Value = fdItem.FirstName
  .Cells(R, 2).Value = fdItem.LastName
  .Cells(R, 3).Value = fdItem.Email1Address
End With
Next

End Sub

Steve

"Henny Slokker" <HennySlokker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Henny Slokker" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would
>> like
>> to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of
>> my
>> customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist
>> when I
>> am writing a new invoice in Excel.
>>
>> In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the
>> Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel.
>>
>> Can somebody help me ?

0
syandl (24)

Crash on 'Send"