how to use "barcode" in excel 2000??

Dear all,

i would like to set up an inventory system for recording
the stuff. previously, i have a long table of data in
excel. i need to do some tasks:
1)print the barcode out for each item
2)scan the barcode for checking the inventory.

i have no idea how to start, install barcode fonts? what i
have to buy and do i need to write "MARCOS"?

Please help me!
manymany thanks.

gg
0
gg

It depends on how you intend printing the labels. If you're wanting
simple all in one solution, 'Bizfonts' (http://www.bizfonts.com/) ca
help. Another way is to use a 'bar code module
(http://www.image-cs.co.uk/products/bcmodules.htm) and write your ow
code. This is relatively easy. you create a text file from excel usin
open# and print# and pass the barcode data to the file. I have alread
wrote the Vba code to do this and can post if you decide to purchase
BCM

Hello,

If you have a minute, please take a look at BarCodeWiz ActiveX
Component:

http://www.barcodewiz.com

The ActiveX is a small plug-in, which can be used very effectively in
Excel.  The demo (you can download it for free) comes with an Excel
file, which includes a macro you can use.  It works like this:

1. Select a range of cells with the data you'd like changed into a
barcode.
2. Run the macro.
3. Every cell you'd selected is replaced with an image of a bar code
representing your encoded data.

If you'd like to download the demo, here is the link to the demo page:
http://www.barcodewiz.com/demo.asp

Please contact me with any questions you might have.

Alek Szymanski
Add barcodes to your programs and documents
http://www.barcodewiz.com

"gg" <gg@mashimalucom> wrote in message news:<1f05e01c45746$b556fa40$a101280a@phx.gbl>...
> Dear all,
>
> i would like to set up an inventory system for recording
> the stuff. previously, i have a long table of data in
> excel. i need to do some tasks:
> 1)print the barcode out for each item
> 2)scan the barcode for checking the inventory.
>
> i have no idea how to start, install barcode fonts? what i
> have to buy and do i need to write "MARCOS"?
>
> Please help me!
> manymany thanks.
>
> gg
0
alek (5)
6/23/2004 5:15:11 AM
It is possible to print bar codes in Excel however it requires using a
good tool like a bar code ActiveX control to do the job. ActiveX
controls are software components that you can drop directly onto an
Excel spreadsheet. Depending on how complex your requirements are, you
may need to write a small amount of VBA code (macros) in Excel to get
everything working the way that you want.
Regarding the bar code input, you will almost certainly need to do a
small amount of programming to implement an inventory application in
Excel. Bar code scanners work like a second keyboard on your PC. When
you scan a bar code, the data would go into Excel as if it were being
typed in on the keyboard. This means that you would need to be able to
process the data from the bar code scanner somehow. In an inventory
application you typically have to do a lookup on the data that you
receive from the scanner and find the right data in the spreadsheet
that contains the bar code number that you scanned.
For most inventory applications you would typically want to use a
database applciation like Microsoft Access. Access has much better
handling of lookup type functions as well as reporting and label
printing.

For an excellent bar code ActiveX control that works extremely well in
both Excel and Access, visit
http://www.taltech.com/products/activex_barcodes.html

There is a demo on the above page that you can download and the demo
comes complete with a sample Access database and an Excel spreadsheet
that demonstrates how to use the bar code ActiveX control to print bar
codes in both these programs.

The above site is also a very good place to learn about bar code
technology in general. I would recommend that you look at the bar code
tutorial in the following link:
http://www.taltech.com/resources/intro_to_bc/

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:17:47 -0700, "gg" <gg@mashimalucom> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>i would like to set up an inventory system for recording
>the stuff. previously, i have a long table of data in
>excel. i need to do some tasks:
>1)print the barcode out for each item
>2)scan the barcode for checking the inventory.
>
>i have no idea how to start, install barcode fonts? what i
>have to buy and do i need to write "MARCOS"?
>
>Please help me!
>manymany thanks.
>
>gg

0
tom (44)

Barcode printing to serial port
I have an old thermal label printer and its connected via a serial port how do i change the font on a serial port or send an object to the printer so that the barcode will print ...

Printer for outdoor barcode labels #2
Anyone have a recommendation for a printer compatible with Microsoft RMS that will print barcode material on an outdoor (vinyl) label? ...

does excel support barcode scanning?
I wish to use excel for inventory and would like to use a barcode scanner to import serial numbers etc. Can you do this in excel? Hello, Barcode scanner is just like a keyboard, so it should work in any application which supports keyboard (accepts keyboard input). A customer of mine asked me to test his barcode scanner, and I just tested the scanner in Excel, Word, Notepad and Wordpad. Worked perfectly. Best Regards "Jase" wrote: > I wish to use excel for inventory and would like to use a barcode scanner to > import serial numbers etc. Can you do this in excel? Hey ...

Printing barcodes
Is there a way to change the barcode labels printed? Create a template or edit one of the existing template. (Avery 4249)? The code prints fine, but the data fields could be different. Like the PLU code instead of the "store name" Or - The upper field is centering on some imagined center point and not all the way on label. Storm, Manager | Utilities | Label Designer | change what you will, but use a copy instead of the original!! -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download th...

barcode bartender with great plains
Hi, is it possible to integrate Bartender barcode to integrate with Great Plains? ...

Barcode labels from access 2007
Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would like to label inventory that is stored in boxes. Sometimes an employee needs a part and checks out the part then later returns the part. I need to keep track of these parts and who has them. Any ideas? I am currently using RedBeam Check In/ Check Out but wanting to switch to Access. Hi, Please see my answer in response to your other post. Clifford Bass kaw wrote: >Does anyone know if you can print barcode labels from Access 2007? I would >like to label inventory that is stored i...

CAS 1000NP Variable Barcode Setup Problems...
I'm currently working with a CAS 1000NP Barcode Printing Scale and I can not get RMS 2.0 to scan. It Prints out 13 digit barcodes and they start with 0200000000000. The scan just brley displays the scan and I can see it is dropping off the 0. Any ideas? -- precisecheck you need to configure the scanner to read the correct barcode type. "PreciseCheck" wrote: > I'm currently working with a CAS 1000NP Barcode Printing Scale and I can not > get RMS 2.0 to scan. It Prints out 13 digit barcodes and they start with > 0200000000000. The scan just brley displays the ...

Barcode Labels in RMS to print on Zebra LP2844 printer
I purchased the Dyanamics RMS software bundle and in order to create the price barcode labels and print them, I just bought the Zebra LP2844 printer. I was sold the 2.25" x 1.25" label paper. When I try to select a default label design, I only see the Avery labels of which none of them are of that size. The Help section tells us to create our own or edit. I tried editing, per instructions in RMS, an existing Avery label design and saving it. I successfully modified it and the system allowed me to save it. When I went back into the Label wizard and opened up the label that I ...

Setting up barcode
There are two sheets connected to this question Sheet1: column D = product names column I = unique 13 digit barcode When new products are added at the bottom of the list a barcode is inserted into col I using the code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim counter If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column <> 4 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo errhandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Value = "" Then .Offset(0, 5).ClearContents Else counter = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Me.Range("I:I")) + 1 .Offse...

How to remove Barcode Prifix and Suffix
Hi There, Im using 2D barcode on the internet and When I scan the barcode the first record in my form start with {some text And the last record end like sometext} How do I remove these two characters { } ? Thanks, Ed Dror On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:40:02 -0800, "Ed Dror" <edd@andrewlauren.com> wrote: >Hi There, > >Im using 2D barcode on the internet and >When I scan the barcode the first record in my form start with {some text >And the last record end like sometext} > >How do I remove these two characters { } ? > >Thanks, >Ed Dror > You can ...

How to auto place start/stop characters in Excel w/barcode fonts?
I have a spreadsheet that I can enter in a value into one cell and it will show the corresponding barcode value in the cell next to it, using 3 of 9 barcode font. What I need to be able to do is have Excel automatically place a start and stop charcter at each end of the barcode for my software to read the barcode. did you include the asterisks http://www.bizfonts.com/free/ *314-34-1234* --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/se...

Can Excel produce a POSTNET barcode based on a zip code field?
Background: I am performing a mail merge into Word from an excel spreadsheet containing address information. "Address Block" in Word mail merge function doesn't offer POSTNET barcode field to be included. Word offers a field code that produces a POSTNET barcode based on a bookmark. However, bookmarks do not stick to a particular field during mail merge. Problem: If I can produce a POSTNET barcode in a separate column in Excel based on the zip code column, I can drop a merge field into Word that will accept it. Does anyone know the function name in Excel to do this? So...

How to setup RMS and scanner for scale printed barcode labels
What i hawe to do to work with ean13 barceodes, that contain item code and item wight? I hawe scale that cant print barcodes EAN13 that contain item code in first part of code and weight in second part. Please help !!! HI few things hope you have follow the instruction of weight item coding now when you are talking about EAN13 make sure also in SO Manager > Under Configuration must enable 'Utilize random weight EAN codes' and also for the saife side 'Utlize random weight UPC codes' this will solve the issue. "Martins" wrote: > What i hawe to do to ...

Barcode Font
I was trying to convert text to a bar code and my friend said at his company they use "code 39eight text" type font. I cannot find it anywhere. He sent me an example of the Excel spreadsheet he uses, and sure enough, the font is "code 39eight text". Please let me know where I can find it. Thank you, HTH: http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/ http://www.officebarcode.com/word-barcoding.html http://www.idautomation.com/sitemap/excel.html Micky "ryuhasz421" wrote: > I was trying to convert text to a bar code and my friend said at his...

Barcode Code 128 checksum
I apologize if this is not the correct group for this question. I have been researching barcode technologies and I currently believe Code 128 best meets our needs. I need to encode a string of about of numbers, letters and special characters into a barcode. I am going to provide the data to our vendor and they will encode the barcode on our mailers. My question is about the checksum. Is there a standard list of values for Code 128 ? It looks like some of the vendors map out some of the characters to enhance their products. Where can I download the data required to generate and lookup th...

New * programming on C# For Barcode Scanners and Mag Slide Readers
Hi all ... I'm not sure this is the right place to ask this question, but I hope there will be individuals who did it ... So here is my question ... I'm trying to write application on C# to capture data from Magnetic Slide Readers and Barcode scanner .... When it's a serial device you can get that information communicating through serial port., and there is no question about it, but if I use USB devices, the system gets information from it as if it was entered by keyboard ... I don't want to allow cashiers to enter this information manualy. So if i disable keyboard entr...

Barcode Fixed
i have a label designed and i want to fix a barcode so that it can be the same for all articles in the system. -- i want when i print a report that the Extended Description and the SubDescriptions appear to the report printing sheet If you mean that you want to set all the items in the database to have the same barcode that is displayed on the Item Properties page then the following will do the job. --------------------------------- UPDATE Item SET BarcodeFormat = 1 --------------------------------- Substitute the BarcodeFormat number depending on which type of barcode from the foll...

Barcode
Is there anyway to add a barcode to the address block in Publisher? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Gary <gwix@coldwellbankermove.com>... > Is there anyway to add a barcode to the address block in > Publisher? See here: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Barcode Labels Avery
Hi Folks Looking for the smallest Avery barcode label format for RMS to be used with a laser printer? Any help would be appreciated. Danny ...

UPC A and E barcodes
i developed a database in which I have UPC A and E codes. For the products that only had UPC - E codes i computed UPC A code. For products that only have the UPC E codes, i computed the UPC A code. I now have UPC A and E codes for all products. Is there anyway to load both codes into RMS and have RMS use one as the primary lookup and the other as the secondary lookup. For example, a can of coca-cola 12 oz can have both a upc a and e barcode. when this product is scanned i first want rms to look at the upc a code field for a match then look at the upc e code field for a match. ...

Adding Barcodes to Publisher
Anyone know how to mail merge into Publisher and add bar codes, as in the Word mail merge wizard? Thanks for the help! -- Imoctar While in a state of withdrawal waiting for components to arrive to repair his dead laptop, Ed notices a message from "Imoctar" <imoctar@hotmail.com>. > Anyone know how to mail merge into Publisher and add bar codes, as in the > Word mail merge wizard? You might try this article: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx (US-specific - different rules and fonts are used elsewhere) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Pub...

Default Barcode Setting
Need to have the option to be able to set a default Barcode (type) so we don't have to set this everytime we create a new item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.m...

Barcode on HTML page.
I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail description page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the same page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ? I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net. Waiting for your reply Vicky... :-) Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A3E26A-CA8A-4499-B29F-3F12EBAE29B2@microsoft.com... >I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail >description > pag...

Change Suppliers Barcode Format
We are using the 3 of 9 barcode format with all of our products and all labels have been scanning great. However we recently got a company in that when we create the Item Lookup Code it has Uppercase, Lowercase, and Spaces. So when we printed off Labels for inventory control they did not scan right. I quickly came to the conclusion that I need to be using the 128b barcode format for this company. Since all other suppliers are scanning good I was thinking of just running an SQL Query for just the specific company that is having the problem. I know that this statement UPDATE Item SET Ba...

Barcodes / Label printing question
Does the function "Serialization" in RMS, affect or perform any validation of the Item Lookup Code length, and that Items corresponding or selected barcode? We use 128-A, and use Retail Realms Fashion Bundle to create UPC numbers. In RMS Serialization is Off. RMS manual states barcodes must be 12 digits and no letters, however, it allows more digits, and letters, to be used as an Item Lookup, and doesnt display any error when selecting barcode 128-A and printing. It seems it will print anything, but the actual printed barcode may not really be the complete Item Lookup code, if ...