How to use AdvancedFilter wildcard to match end of string?

Using AdvancedFilter, I would like to match fields whose text values
END with a specific character. For example, I'd like *o to match
'hippo', 'banjo', but NOT 'support'. Currently, when I apply the *o
criterion, I get results that include all fields with an 'o' in any
character position.

Can someone please show me how to restrict the match to the end of the
string only?

One caveat: I imagine this may require use of a formula criterion,
rather than the more simple form using column headings in the criteria
range. But if it's possible to accomplish this both ways, could you
please describe them both?

Thanks very much,
Bruce Reid

Can you use Autofilter?

You can specify "Ends with" 0 under the custom option.

But if you have to use advanced filter, this criteria worked ok for me:

HeaderHere
="=*o"

--

Dave Peterson
0

Year End Closing.... need help!!!!!!!!!
Did close the year end, but I don't know why my current transactions won't show in the inquiry and even won't print the transaction after I did the year end, but some of the current year transaction before I did the year are visible. I can only see my transaction in the Smartlist. If you can see the transactions in Smartlist, what year do they appear in (ie add the open year field and document status)? "tess0120" wrote: > Did close the year end, but I don't know why my current transactions won't > show in the inquiry and even won't print the t...

CObject use?
Sorry for the silly question, but how do I properly use CObject? What include file do I need? If I try to do this: class TestClass : public CObject { public: TestClass() {}; ~TestClass() {}; } It tells me that CObject is not a known type? Is it an MFC thing? I kind of thought it was just a C++ thing. Im using VS2005 if maybe there is some project setting I need to use? Thanks! Bryan wrote: > Sorry for the silly question, but how do I properly use CObject? What > include file do I need? > > If I try to do this: > class TestClass : public CObject > { >...

When I use the merge feature, it copies the same address on the e
-- Janet The one-line field is designed for one short concise line. The big mysterious white space is designed for you to provide a detailed description of your issue and (preferably) one or more questions. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kangwa" <kangwa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ED6D4BFE-1C52-4DE4-A8E9-828D097E9125@microsoft.com... > > -- > Ja...

Blank Emails, using Express
A week ago my emails stopped opening, well they opened, but they were all blank, even my old messages, im using Outlook Express and was wondering if anyone had the same problem. Ive uninstalled/reinstalled twice and messed with cookie settings also. When i try to open the messages i just get a blank page with a blinking rectangle like the text cursor. I can export the files to Original Outlook fine, but i want my Express to work again. Thanks. On 29 Apr 2004 12:26, "Matt" <vorclyman@yahoo.com> wrote: >A week ago my emails stopped opening, well they opened, but they ...

Is there a way of using EM_STREAMIN to load a file into a rich edit control of another application
Greetings!! This is my post to this group, so please make me aware if I don't follow the proper etiquette :-) Question: Is there a way of using EM_STREAMIN to load a file into a rich edit control of another application? What I really need to do: I need to load a file into a RICHEDIT20A control of another application (lets call that application RichTextEditor). The RichTextEditor application does not provide support to "load a file" but does provide support for "copy" and "paste" operations. What I have already tried: A) I have written an MFC dialog applic...

How to select multiple cells using ctrl key?
I have a MSFlexGrid control in my application inserted as an activex control. It is non editable. Once the data is displayed on the grid, the user can select single/multiple cells either using mouse or keys like shift/ctrl or both at the same time. Using mouse it is possible to select multiple cells but using ctrl key, the cell does not get selected. How do i achieve this? Also, after the selection is made, how do i find what all cells are selected from the Grid? ...

Excel prob
I have a problem here with matching 2 Excel files. Is it possible? have attached the Excel file . I want to record the SPR_Ref_No which i the xxx part in text format to another Excel file automatically wheneve the file is being saved (the sample100.xls) The other Excel file shoul record the last 3 numbers which is symbolized as xxx from th sample100.xls The other file(let's call it sample200.xls) should contain all th running numbers xxx from sample100.xls I would like a pop up message being shown to the user if she/h accidentally uses the same number and suggest the following runnin nu...

generating a 1024bit CSR using Exchange 2000
We use an SSL certificate to access our exchange server using OWA. I need to generate a 1024 bit CSR. When I go in to generate it, I am not asked what bit (512/1024 etc..). It just generates the CSR automatically - but when I sent that to our provider to obtain the certificate, they advised me that it was only 512 and that I needed 1024. THe funny thing is that when I open the existing certificate, the details clearly show it as RSA - 512bit !!! Should I not be generating another 512 bit key??? Why would they be asking for 1024? How do I generate a 1024bit CSR from my SBS 200...

how to construct Match with IF
I would like to match 1 value in column 1 and 1 value in column 2 from Worksheet 1 to return the Description in Worksheet 2. What kind of functions should I use and how to construct the function. Thank you Worksheet Column 1 Column2 Descriptio aa 123 Condition bb 123 Condition cc 123 Condition Worksheet Column 1 Column 2 Descriptio aa 123 ?? bb 123 ?? cc 123 ?? one way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(Sheet1!C:C,MATCH(1, (Sheet1!$A$...

Use Find/Replace to reformat one word in cells?
I tried to highlight a column and use the Find/Replace to find "FAIL" in the column and replace with "FAIL" in bold and red. It reformatted the entire cell contents, rather than just the single word. Is there a way to restrict the Replace action to just what is in the Find or Replace box in Excel 2003? Ed Edit|replace won't work (as you've seen). You could use a macro, though: Saved from a previous post: Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myWords As Variant Dim myRng As Range Dim foundCell...

A question regarding use of the Test Container to check ActiveX controls
Hello. Apologies for the novice question here. I'm using VC++6.0sp4. I've written a tiny ActiveX control that seemingly works just fine in a container my company has written that displays graphical information. When I try my control, which simply puts up a circle/ellipse at an X,Y location within the frame of the control in the test container, if i change current x,y properies (which change where a point is drawn on the screen) it works. if i script changes to the x,y location for the current x,y properties within a loop, i only see the last x,y position drawn. I can slow the loop d...

Using address book in MSAccess
Hi there, I want to make use of address book or contact details either from outlook 2003 or outlook express, on one of the MSAccess form, Is there anyway that I would do it ? If so, is it possible to point me to a sample. If I would use it on MSaccess, would it be extend the use to MSWord and MSExcel ? Many thanks ...

Can you use boolean in an Outlook 2003 e-mail rule?
For instance, I would like to create a rule for my e-mail messages that have the word "resume" in it, but not the words "Please" or "Consider". "Megbrons" <Megbrons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ABDB1C-BF68-4786-9E74-9F4B582076A7@microsoft.com... > For instance, I would like to create a rule for my e-mail messages that have > the word "resume" in it, but not the words "Please" or "Consider". Create a rule that looks for "Please" or "Consider" and whose only a...

Errors trying to log into great plains *Cannot use GP until updates have been installed*...
I have a user who cant log into Great Plains.. I've tried removing the software, then reinstalling it and the patch. I have even tried logging in as SA, once the user or SA clicks on the company name and the login button I get the following two errors: "Unhandled script execution: Could not find stored procedure 'dynamics.dbo.hrSysDoesHrSysExist'. and then Do you want to install the required updates to use your Microsoft Dynamics GP client installation? You cannot use Microsoft Dynamics until these updates have been installed. There are several other machines that work...

using XSD to validate XML

Server slows to a crawl at end of workday
Greetings, Running Exchange 5.5 still here. At the end of the day, at varying times between 4:00 and 5:00pm our server seems to freeze up, forcing us to reboot it. A previous sysadmin set up script logic and made it so that Outlook always had an OST, whether the user was a desktop or laptop. Could it be that at the end of the day users with huge mailboxes are logging off and their offline synchronizations are grinding the server to a halt? Any other ideas? We've been totally unable to reproduce this error and this is driving us crazy. We're also running OL2003 on most clients, s...

Network connection front end back end linked tables
I have a database that Sql Server back end Access front end. I have linked tables. At first when logging out of my network and back in the tables wouldn't stay linked and I would have to re-link or refresh them through Linked Table manager. I put some code that I found from Microsoft in my program (ODBC connection code) and on my computer things run great now. No need to re-link. However when I go to the End-user and open up the same file give them the same connections it works great; until I log out and back in. I have to refresh their links. This is the same file with the same refresh c...

if, index, match
I am setting up a payroll journal entry in Microsoft Excel 2000 (PC) (Col A) (Col B) (Col C) (Col D) Employee Gross Employee Gross Amount Paralegal Smith 1000.00 Accountant 1 Macro Lawyer Joe 1500.00 President Jose Macro Secretary Mary 900.00 Accountant 1 1000.00 Macro is: =INDEX($A$7:$B$138,MATCH(C7,$A$7:$A$138,0),2) The problem is when column c is a terminated or new employe (President) excel returns #n/a, can excel return a zero "0" instead an highlight the ...

Sending emails using multiple sigs and POP accounts
Hi, I'm having a problem using multiple POP email accounts in Outlook Express. I have sig files set up for each and if I'm replying to a message it uses the correct corresponding email address to send from and the correct sig file. However, If I'm sending a new email it always uses my default email rather than the email of the folder I have set up (using rules) for the mail to go to. Is there any way to be able to highlight a folder and have it use a particular email to send from? I've done this with IMAP just fine but not POP. Help? Thanks!! Kristin Suggest you s...

How to get a cell reference of by searchig a text string?
Thank you Hi do yolu need only the row index?. If yes use MATCH -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Najeeb" <Najeeb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:403F12E5-72CF-4D17-9437-248EA1AB4753@microsoft.com... > Thank you ...

Using Roundup in an IF Statement
This is probably simple but I can't get it to work. I need to have the number in D10, if is less than 50000, rounded up to the nearest hundred. Then I need to apply the formula (((D10/1000)*0.23)*12) to the rounded up number. If the number in D10 is 50,000 or more, the formula should return a hard number, in this case it will be 138. =IF((D10*1)<50000, roundup ((d10*1),2), (((D10/1000)*0.23)*12),138) On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 11:14:33 -0800 (PST), LBW <lwollrab@gmail.com> wrote: >This is probably simple but I can't get it to work. I need to have >the number i...

The diference betweein using combo from list box and table
Hello, Before I go further in desining my form, what is best way to update table using combo box whether to use listbox or from table. when I see the address sample of database the " Role" is taken from Role table, Is not more simple if we make it as a listbox to update table? Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang List boxes are usually used to display or choose data in a form. Combo boxes are used for searching, display, and for data entry on a form. Always do the data entry from a form where you can construct rules and code to verify the data. Never enter data directly...

Define whether to use list 1 or 2
I do have three Insert > Name > Define > lists created on one worksheet. How to have either one of the 1st two list activated on a cell when the neighboring cell a value is choosen from the 3rd list list? So: List A 1 2 3 List B A B C List C Yes No If Yes > List A If No > List B Bart Excel 2003 Is this used with Data|Validation? If yes, Debra Dalgleish shows how to create dependent lists: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html AA Arens wrote: > > I do have three Insert > Name > Define > lists created on one > worksheet. > > How to have eithe...

Using Outlook 2003 As Default Mail Client #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on top of Outlook 2002 on an WXP Home machine, I can't get Outlook to work as the default mail client. It does work properly if you type mailto: in the run box, but it doesn't work from IE or any other applications. I have set it as the default mail client. I have changed it to Outlook Express and back again. I have set it as default when Outlook opens and asks to be made the default. The error message is: a small window opens with a yellow caution sign saying, "Micosoft Outlook "Not Implemented". Any help would be appreciated. Thank...

Pivot table calculated field using MAX of another field
How do I get a calculated field to calculate using the MAX of another field? Say I have the following: SIZE COLOR Max of Qty Sum of Cost Sum of QtyXCost large blue 8 5 40 green 2 4 8 red 10 6 60 large Total 10 15 300* medium green 4 11 44 red 5 8 ...