How to stop toolbar drop box of entire cell contents

I keep getting a drop box in the toolbar that shows my entire cell contents
and covers 1/4 of my screen.  Would like it not to do that.  What should I do?

That is the formula bar you see expanding.

Don't select any cells with great amounts of text or just don't display the
formula bar.

View>Formula Bar...........uncheck it.

That's one thing I like about Excel 2007.  The option to expand or not.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:27:04 -0700, cubanmamma
<cubanmamma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I keep getting a drop box in the toolbar that shows my entire cell contents
>and covers 1/4 of my screen.  Would like it not to do that.  What should I do?

0
Gord

where's image toolbar?
I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting an image, but I can't find it. Aaron wrote: > I have Outlook 2003 SP2, is there a way to view an "image toolbar" to > compress an image that is pasted inline into an email? > > A remote employee apparently has it show up automatically when pasting > an image, but I can't find it. Hazarding a guess, I'm going to guess that either a) You haven't c...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

stop error defeating me

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Format List Box!

Combo Box initial values question
Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. thanks tp Hi Teepee, Try something like: Me.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0 --- Regards, Norman "teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message news:4645ed29$1@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Does anyone know how to make a combo box show a value when a sheet opens? > Mine are always blank when I open them until I select a value. > > thanks > > tp > > thanks for trying. says 'invalid use of me keyword.&...

Text box in Embedded chart is cut off
Hi. I am having a problem with an embedded chart that appears differently in word versus how it appeared originally in Excel. Specifically, the top of the chart (in excel) has a text box that divides the chart (it is a vertical bar graph) into subcategories (labels at the bottom are used to specify what each bar signifies; but these are taken from the associated cell range). Originally, the chart was labeled by a single text box, separated by spaces: Lifetime Use 30-Day Use Heavy Use Antisocial Behavior When this chart is linked in word, the text displays like this (tho&...

Can I change the Comment Box arrow connection point?
Is there any way to change the point on a Comment Box where the tail end of the arrow it attached? Until today, all of the arrows in my workbook had been attached to the upper left-hand corner of the Comment Boxes. Today, I noticed that one of them is attached to the upper right-hand corner. I have no idea how that happened, but it seems to indicate that the attachment point can be moved. Can the arrow be attached to the center of the Comment Box so that when it is moved around, the tail always comes from the closest point? Comments have a habit of moving around. To reset all to default po...

changing a cell of 60 files
Hi all I've 60 files and another one which summarizes all of them.. I've to put a day in the cell a1 and then I'd like to cut and paste that day in the cell a1 of the other 60 files without having to change all of them manually. I'd like to save and then exit every single file.The files are named 0001 0002 0003..and so on. I know that this is possible with a macro..but I've got a problem.. It's possible not to have the prompt which asks for updates of the file everytime I open one of them?? Thanks for the help Rossella Hi Rossella http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy4.htm ...

classic toolbar add-on?
Has anyone out there found a good, user-friendly, no problems add-on I can download so I can view my Office 2007 stuff as 2003 stuff with a nice classic toolbar? I wish I hadn't gotten this! The ribbon is so busy and distracting and hardly makes any sense at all! You can download Office (Classic) menu addins from below site. http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/MenuAddins.aspx For Excel with new features of Excel-2007: http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/Exshail_Classic_Menu.aspx Regards, Shailesh Shah http://shahshaileshs.web.officelive.com/ If You C...