How to stop getting the file save box when running a macro

I am running a macro that take a few minutes. Half way through I get a box
saving do you want to save the file whith the normal 'Skip, Cancel' options.

How can I stop getting this whilst the macro is running?

Thanks
0
Pank (119)

It sounds as if Autosave is kicking in.  You would need to turn it off while
your code is running.  Here are some routines I wrote a long time ago for
that purpose.  I hope they work with your Excel version these days but,
fwiw...

Sub DisableAutosave()
    ToggleAutoSave False
End Sub

Sub EnableAutosave()
    ToggleAutoSave True
End Sub

Sub ToggleAutoSave(Setting As Boolean)
    Workbooks("autosave.xla").Excel4IntlMacroSheets("Loc Table") _
     .Range("ud01n.Do_Save").Value = Setting
    Run "autosave.xla!mcs05.ClearOnTime"
    Run "autosave.xla!mcs03.SetOnTime"
    Run "autosave.xla!mcs01.CheckCommand"
End Sub

--
Jim
"Pank Mehta" <Pank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am running a macro that take a few minutes. Half way through I get a box
| saving do you want to save the file whith the normal 'Skip, Cancel'
options.

| How can I stop getting this whilst the macro is running?
|
| Thanks

0
jrrech (1932)

File size #11

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

POST or GET?

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Linking files 2 ways

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

I need a macro

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

get a result of an sql into a field

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

form fields not saving to table