How to Solve System of Equations

I have a series of data that I need to develop a linear relationshi
for.

A1*X+B1*Y=C1
A2*X+B2*Y=C2
A3*X+B3*Y=C3
AN*X+B3*Y=CN

AN, BN and CN are all known.  However, there does not exist an exac
solution for X and Y (this is from statistical data).

I'm just looking for an approximation for X and Y.  The data is ver
rough, and a linear relationship probably isn't the best fit (r-square
values of 0.226).  However, I need to figure out a way to force a fi
in there, regardless of how mess it is

=LINEST(C,AB_array)

Jerry

RichC < wrote:

> I have a series of data that I need to develop a linear relationship
> for.
>
> A1*X+B1*Y=C1
> A2*X+B2*Y=C2
> A3*X+B3*Y=C3
> AN*X+B3*Y=CN
>
> AN, BN and CN are all known.  However, there does not exist an exact
> solution for X and Y (this is from statistical data).
>
> I'm just looking for an approximation for X and Y.  The data is very
> rough, and a linear relationship probably isn't the best fit (r-squared
> values of 0.226).  However, I need to figure out a way to force a fit
> in there, regardless of how mess it is.

0
post_a_reply (1395)

How to disable system tray menu?
Hello All, My application has a system tray icon with a menu to operate application from system tray. My applications does one busy operation by displaying a modal dialog box whose parent is MainFrame window. How can I disable the entire application (that is obvious in case of modal dialog box) with system tray(that is the problem) when the dialog box is displayed and app isdoing busy operation ? I could do it by maintaining one variable but I want some more legitimate way to do so. ...

Campaign eMail
Colleagues Having trouble with sending an eMail campaign - when I come to actually create the eMail, the From and To fields are disabled - only the CC & Bcc fields are available when I come to Distribute Campaign Activity. Marketing list has been defined for the campaign activity, by the way. So - in goes the subject and the body of the eMail and everything looks fine when I hit the distribute button. But... no eMails are created, and no failures are noted either. Shortly after going "In Progress" the status reason then shows "System Aborted" Help! Hany I ...

Solved: Minimum (Non-Zero) Value in a column
Thanks for all of your help. It works a treat. Ian James ...

Customization of system Entities
Is it possible to make customizable a system Entity? (i.e. Site) You could take a look at the Entity table in the METABASE database. There are some fields, like IsCustomizable, IsMappable, IsRenameable, that you could change. Change them at your own risk and be sure to make a backup. Needless to say that this is unsupported by Microsoft :) HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Sinter CRM" <Sinter CRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3187DBA2-4400-4E61-833B-FB9C2E9FFAE8@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to make customizable...

How can I do a system of equations?
Such as 2 equations and 2 unknowns. Here's one way. Assume your 2 equations are: 2x + 2y = 8 x + 4y = 7 Place the coefficients of x in A1 and A2, coefficients of y in B1 and B2, and the constants in C1 and C2. It should look like this: A B C 1 2 2 8 2 1 4 7 Select D1:D2, enter the formula below: =MMULT(MINVERSE(A1:B2),C1:C2) and press ctrl + shift + enter. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Such as 2 equations and 2 unknowns. >. > ...

LDR: Dll xy.dll base 100000 relocated due to collision with yx.dll
hi! as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on WinNT and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets relocated... most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others have a collision with the exe itself. how to solve this? thanks, philipp You can change the default base address using project setting/Link/Output->Base Address -- Elias http://lgwm.org/ "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bjmhop$v5b$06$1@news.t-on...

Hiding System View CRM3
Hi I want to remove some views from the available list, but as they are system views I cannot delete them. An example here is the 'Opportunities Closing Next Month'. I have 'shared it' with a team of which I am not a member and it is now described as a 'Private' view in customisation. I have published but I still have access to the view even though I am not in the team it is shared with. Has anyone else come accross this or have I missed something? Blurt If you are logged in as an admin role, you will see all the views including the private views. try logging...

Can I create an icon of my own and add it into windows system?
My subject... Sure. But it's not a MS Office issue. Google for create icon "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE1841A9-09D1-473E-BAD0-73B12FB1CAD5@microsoft.com... : My subject... Axialis Icon Editor might be worth a look. If that doesn't help, do as Tom suggests and try an internet search. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE1841A9-09D1-473E-BAD0-73B12FB1CAD5@microsoft.com... > My subje...

Office Project Gallery and Help system crash...
I've read all the posts on crashes in Office apps when attempting to access the "Project Gallery" either automatically during startup or while an application is in-use. I'm running OS X 10.2.6 on a G4/500 Powerbook. The machine runs beautifully except that Office apps crash either when attempting to access the Project Gallery or when attempting to access the Help system in Office apps. I have removed every font except the fonts in the Fonts folder in the "System" (OS X) folder. I've even try disabling a subset of the fonts in the "System" (OS X) fo...

solved me ie8 connections problem
i found the solution to my ie8 issue....on the microsoft corporation web site. seems there is an issue with the amount of connections ie8 allows and there is a fix, which i have downloaded, saved and applied and lo and behold i have opened 8 separate web pages and they all respond as fast as i would expect. now i shall share this fix from microsoft with my other computers and my friends. i went to support for ie8. found a known issue about the amount of connections for downloading. found MicrosoftFixIT50098.msi. increases the amount of ie8 connections from 6 to 10. all better n...

System Settings
Hi, I have a small problem editing the System Settings (need to change the currency). MS CRM 3.0. ON the Web interface, logged as an Admin, I go to Settings > Organization Settings > System Settings ... and I get a popup with the MS CRM looking like error: Microsoft CRM: Error An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator. Any ideas please? Thanks, Andrija I am getting the same error. Have you resolved the issue yet? Thanks. I have the same error but I can offer the debug info.... feel free 2 help. FYI It is a 2k3 Standard with also Sharep...

OTC of System Jobs in CRM 4.0
Hi... I need to find the object type code of 'System Jobs' in MS CRM 4.0. Any pointers will be deeply appreciated. Thanks Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF TreeView Control With Filtering of Nodes Based on Their Levels http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/fc841e66-3aac-4bd9-baba-bf26b9783a9b/wpf-treeview-control-with.aspx Hi, You can use the Metadata browser to find the OTC of any entity. More info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc151074(v=MSDN.10).aspx Good luck, Bertil "Rahul Dev" wrote: > Hi....

"All Contacts" in Exchange System Manager
I have a client that has 400 contacts in Outlook. His partner is wanting to also view these contacts. I shared out the contacts but it doesn't show up as an Address Book for the person I am sharing them with. I know Exchange 2003 has All Contacts in System Manager. Is there a way for me to copy all of these contacts into All Contacts in Exchange so both users can view these within their Address Books? Thanks, John I think the easiest thing for you to do is create a Public Folder Contacts item and have the user w/ the 200 contacts copy them to that new location. Make sure both...

Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system
Hello All! People might find this interesting Hackers target Microsoft Windows XP support system Thursday, 1 July 2010 10:17 UK The bug affects well-established Windows XP operating system . Hi-tech criminals are "escalating" attacks on an unpatched bug in the Windows XP help and support system. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10473495.stm -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not James Silverton wrote: > Hello All! > > People might find this interesting > >...

How to change default text in system message
When a user goes over their mailbox storage limits they will get an e-mail message: "Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. Your mailbox size is xxxxxx KB. etc. .. .. .." further in the messsage it suggest to the user that they move messages to a personal folder file. We would like to remove that from the text. I've looked but can't find where to modify this. I would appreciate it if someone knows and can point me in the right direction. Thank you nouelh@hotmail.com (RacerX) wrote in news:addb7da4.0409221117.64d7949d@posting.googl...

System Restore not working 07-16-10
System Restore in Win XP SP2 has become completely unresponsive. It will not even open up the restore panel with the calendar that shows any restore points. Would a "Repair Installation" fix this or should I re-install windows? - Walter www.rationality.net "Walter E." <wr@example.com> wrote in message news:i1pvri$ce3$1@news.eternal-september.org... > System Restore in Win XP SP2 has become completely unresponsive. It will > not even open up the restore panel with the calendar that shows any > restore points. > > Would a "...

workbook opens as system file
when I receive a workbook via email and try and open it, it does not open excel but a system file. Any idea why this would happen? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What is the file name format of the file that is being sent? Is the file *.xls? How are your normal excel files named? Have you tried saving to disk and opening via within Excel? "Andy" <Andy.wjhxz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Andy.wjhxz@excelforum-nospam.c...

Excel 2007 Trendline Equations Incorrect
I am using an XY scatter plot. I have applied a polynominal trendline to the data. The trendline appears to be visually correct. However, the displayed equation does not match the plotted trendline! Sometimes it is obvious, the order isn't even correct. Other times the coefficients are simply incorrect (which is worse). It is present on several charts, although they are within the same workbook. There are numerous reports of this on the internet, but I do not see a fix. I do have SP1 installed. The document was created in Excel 2007, but as a 2003 workbook. The same issue...

Dell Optiplex 755 bundled POS System
My client just purchased eight (8) of these units, which I have to install and configue with RMS - SO. Anybody with experience implementing these units? Any "gotcha's" , tricks, secrets, workarounds, or driver problems I should be aware of? Do they work well with RMS? I recommended HP hardware, but they decided to go with Dell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I have been running OptipleX 620 few years It is better than HP -- "Motor oil is motor oil"...... I think the only issues you may run into is with the receipt printer and cash drawe...

How to enumerate system tray (task bar) icon and description?
Hi, My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description information. But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. May you help us to solve this problem ? Any help is greatly appreciated, Scott >My VC++ project need enumerate all system tray icon and description >information. >But I can't found some API function code or way to get these information. Scott, See if this article is any help: http://www.codeproject.com/shell/ctrayiconposition.asp?df=100&forumid=14631&exp=0&select=1008602 Dave David, Thank yo...

Deleted items size shown on the exchange system manager
Hi all, Due to one store size increase dramatically, I can not figure out why and I add the column deleted items(KB) to the ESM, it shows one user uses over 7GB space on the deleted items. But, When I check the person's outlook and show the folder sise, it only shows 700KB and check the deletem items. I do have mailbox manager tuned on to delete the deleted items everyday at 3:00AM and keep deleted items for 7 days. It happened on some users. some users show over 600 MB deleted items in the ESM. Can anyone point me to the right direction and can not figure out why? We have exc...

Live Mail won't start after system crash
Windows 7 - I was in the middle of removing messages in the Deleted Folder when I experienced a system crash. I have not been able to start Live Mail since. I have done everything in the following list but no change. -Rebooted -Uninstall/Repair option for Live Mail -Uninstalled all elements of Live Essentials -Installed Live Essentials Live Mail will still not start. The program title bar appears with a partial window and the working circle runs until the system reports that there is a problem to submit for a solution. No solution is provided, no error message number is avai...

Roaming Profiles need User Admin Rights on local system
The old SBS2003 server was dying. I built a new server with a new domain, and joined the old PCs to it. They had a mixture of roaming and local profiles. Copied old local profiles to new local profiles, and turned on roaming profiles for each user. Had to give them Admin rights to make it work. I have since given full permission to the users Hive (NTUSER.DAT) at the local machine. I have also removed their roaming profile, and still they don't get their saved profile unless they have local admin rights. Is there something I am missing to make it right? Should I call it a lost cau...

Using Local System Account for Email Router Incoming Profile
For a specific client, we have installed the EMail Router for CRM 4.0 in the CRM Server machine. We have set up an incoming profile to use Local System Account. After we had connected the profile to a specific user, Incoming test fails with "Unauthorized" error. Is this because Local System Account does not have permissions to connect and retrieve/ check email from CRM users mailaboxes? How can we overcome this issue without changing to User Specific or Other Specified? We have tested User Specific and Other Specified and both of them work fine. However, we can not use any of them s...

Slow System and Network, High PF usgae
Hi, The PC: Eight CPU system with 3 GB of RAM, /3G and /USERVA=2500 in boot.ini, few processes, each can use up to 1.5 GB of virtual memory. PF usage is above 3 GB. The total CPU usage is about 23% but the ping response is about 50 ms or more. The user interface response(mouse, starting processes with GUI) is not perfect (somehow slow). This system, after running for almost a day, suddenly experiences a 100% CPU usage and the network is very slow (ping response average is 800 ms). What is the cause of this low performance? Would adding memory to the system improve this situ...