how to set up a mask to enter a code, ie ###-##-####-###-###-##-#.

I need to enter a lot of budget codes that are comprised of groups of numbers
separated by a hypen as above where # would equal a specific digit. Can I
create an input mask  or custom format that would automatically enter the
hypen much like the Social Security Number format does?
0
Desk (2)

have you tried it. Remeber the 15 limit. So you may want text.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
> I need to enter a lot of budget codes that are comprised of groups of
numbers
> separated by a hypen as above where # would equal a specific digit. Can I
> create an input mask  or custom format that would automatically enter the
> hypen much like the Social Security Number format does?

0
Don

Entering A Price into POS
I'm trying figure out a way to automaically take a % off an item and enter the regular price into the input field in POS. In other words, we want to enter a regular priced item at the POS and have the program calculate 50% off the price on the fly. This is for a special item that we have a variety of pricing that need to be keyed in. Jerry, Just to clarify you want to take 50% off an item that you have the system prompting you to enter in the price? -- or -- Are these items prices already set? If so, then you can use the Inventory Wizard in Store Ops Manager to set the Sale Price ...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Entering arithmetic operations
Hello. I'm a 1-2-3 user who is trying to become familiar with Excel. I have a very basic question, and would appreciate any help from experienced users. In 1-2-3, if one opens a sheet and enters "4*5" the cell will show "20". Entering "10/2" will yield "5". But in Excel, even if the cells are specifically formatted as Number, it seems to be necessary to put "=" in front, so that one has to enter "=4*5" or "=10/2". Since the equal sign is in only one place and not on the extended numeric keyboard, I have to ...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Excel opens as read only from IE
I'm not sure whether this problem is Excel related or IE related. Whenever we launch an Excel file, whether it be from the company intranet or even from a web-based email, it opens as a read only. Can anyone shed any light on how to alter this? -- Regards, Darren ...

Template driver code for a new USB Touchscreen XP driver
We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for Windows XP. Which driver template will be the most suitable to start the development ? make your device a HID and then you not have to write a driver at all. d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sanju_emb" <sanju_emb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AAAA05-B6EA-44A7-B9E8-20E5F0A5860C@microsoft.com... > We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for > Windows XP. Which driver te...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Error code 57E
I have Vista 32 bit XP windows Home Premium. Try to install 2007 Microsoft System KB972581 and Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pact 2, stalls at 50% install, however any other updates are installed. I have turned off the firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials and tried to install after, and still error code 57E on these 2 updates. The updates that did install are as follows... Cumulative Security Active X Killbits Microsoft Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Filter Security Essentials for Microsoft Office Windows Malicious Removal Tool Security Update I had this problem before with the SP2 ...

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

Display Screen 1/2 Grid; 1/2 VBE (or at least Code Window)
Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and side by side) a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? If you just want to look at macros do a cltr+' (key to left of 1). John North Yorkshire UK "Jim May" <jmay@cox.net> wrote in message news:Fqb7d.10064$0j.2648@lakeread07... > Is there a way (button, command, etc) to be able to view (quickly, and > side > by side) > a my worksheet (only 1 workbook is open say) and my code window? > > Jim With Excel workbook open to the sheet of your choice and VBE o...

how to enter a bond in Money 2004?
Hello! I just purchases Money 2004 Premium and want to enter a bond that I bought a few years back. It has a set price I bought it at (eg. $1000), which matures 5 years later at $1200. It is a non-US bond. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks for helping the inexperienced! ...

Autoexec macro code
Hope someone can help. Looking for suitable autoexec macro code to open my database automatically. My database does not have a switchboard. Not sure if I need one to do this. Thanks, regards, Paul. Hi Paul, If your database doesn't have a switchboard, what is it that you want to open automatically when your database opens? Try setting the startup properties if you want to open a specific form - right click on the database window and left click on "Startup". Hope this helps. Damian. "Paul" wrote: > Hope someone can help. > > Looking for suitable au...

Matching Zip coded in a Query
I have query that joins two tables using the Zip Codes (only show the records where the Zip codes match). The problem is that in one table, the listing of zip codes, it is 5 digit zip codes. In the main table some of the zip codes are 5+4 zip codes. My current query leave out the 5+4 Zip codes. I want all the records as long as the 5 digit zip codes matches. I quess I could delete the - and the last 4 digits on the main table, but it would be nice to retain the whole zip codes. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!!!!! Use Left(MainTableZipCodeField,5) to compare to the original ...

Wpf tooltip exist Direct3d memleak in native code in xp and vista os
<1>use the D3D control panel, enable the debug DLL and maximum validation,for D3D control panel ,you need to install the directx sdk. <2>Start up the debug monitor (<MSVC install directory>\Common7\Tools \Bin\winnt\Dbmon.Exe). <3>If you use the tooltip in native code,then run the program,show the tooltip,then exit the program, the Dbmon.exe will report serious direct3d9 memleak in xp and vista os.but If I use the wpf tooltip in c#,it is no problem. I do not know why? The following is my code fragment of mfc project void CFntClrDialogDlg::OnClick() { if((ToolTip...

code to delete rows
this is probably very simple but i am new to writing code (excel 2000). i want to scan cells M9:M999, and for every cell where the value is 0 i want that row deleted. so for instance M9's value is 453 and row 9 will stay, but M10's value is 0 so row 10 is deleted. so on and so forth. thanks so much! ianalexh Do a filter (Data>Filter>Autofilter) and select a value of 0. Delete the visible rows. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianalexh" <ianalexh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:312D8E40-EBD6-426C-A98...

set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON , or SET IDENTITY_INSERT OFF before insert statement , but also not works. Could anyone know how to skip typing all columns name when insert from another table ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > I skip all columns name an...

how can I set a pass code to my outlook so only I can open mail
I WANT TO LOCK MY OUTLOOK MAIL SO THAT ONLY I CAN ACCESS.TO OPEN OUTLOOK. you can set a password on the pst - right click on outlook today and choose properties, advanced. also, don't let it remember your email password. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting h...

Unable to enter hibernation
Hello: I just installed a new internal SATA 500GB WD HDD but I cannot go into hibernation. I get the following error: "The device driver for the 'WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0' devide is preventing the machine from entering hibernation. Please close all applications and trry again. If the problem persists, you may need to update the driver." Anyone knows why is this happening? Thanks, Roberto Roberto, did you look in Control Panel>Power Options. Can you make any changes in there? Is there a Bios setting that needs to be enabled? You can Go to West...

Set default FAX number
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to add a default FAX number in the Preferences -> User Information section, but the telephone entry for FAX number is grayed out. I have no idea how to set this -- without it, all templates that use this field are not filled in appropriately. As far as I can tell, you can't set this value in Word. I can do it here in Entourage. If I go into the Mac file system and open the Entourage entry that has changed, the Mac Address Book program starts and I can edit the value there, but I have...

How can I convolve 2 sets of data in Excel?
I want to apply windowing functions to the frequency domain data from Fourier analysis. This involves convolution with the transformed window function. For a Hann(ing) window this has only 3 real components but the convolution needs to 'wrap around' at the extremes of the frequency domain. Has anyone solved this problem and has a set of coeficients for all the common window functions? ...

Data Set Frequency
I need to count the amount of times that a certain cycle takes place Say a column of data starts at 2.1 and climbs up to somewhere aroun 4.2. then it shoots down to 2.4 and starts to climb back to 3.8. The repeats. No two high numbers or low numbers are the same but a cycle o this appoximate range has taken place. I am trying COUNTIF but it counts every single time a number i reached. Greater than/ Less than does not work either. Some time th numbers will be the same as the cycle is moving so I end up gettin bogus counts. Example: Say column C has the following numbers in it. 2.01 2.01 2.32...

Required Field Pop Up in Front Page Form when no data entered?
I'm using Field Validation for required field entry. I would like to have a small popup requesting specific field entry, I'm using Frontpage....any suggestions? You can't customize the prompts FP form validation generates without replacing it with custom JavaScript - the FP form validation is already a popup, on form submit, telling you what is "missing" -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; ___________________________...

How To Set Up Access On Web Server
We have Access 2K running at three of our locations. Each location is running the same program but with their own data. We want to set up a central server (web based with an ISP) and run a program that will retrive some data (not necessarily all) from each store, compile it and make it available to all stores. There may be occassional instances where others (other than the stores) may want to access the compled data. As a second objective, we want to allow each store to access the other stores data. This second objective is not a major requirement, but would be nice. I am looking for sugg...