How to see calculation and heading in same cell.

I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as
will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in
the same cell.
0
Jeracho (2)

Perhaps you mean something like ="Heading Name: "&A1+B1
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jeracho" <Jeracho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer
as
> will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear
in
> the same cell.

0
ng1 (1444)
8/1/2005 2:58:08 PM
You can concatenate text (the heading) and numbers, i.e.,

="Yesterday's date was "&text(today()-1,"Mmmm dd, yyyy")

Just make your calculation the first argument to the TEXT() function

"Jeracho" wrote:

> I would like the cell to perform a calculation and then display the answer as
> will as a heading. In other words the answer and the heading will appear in
> the same cell.
0
DukeCarey (494)

Format a cell as seconds
Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I would need two cells for that. I want to format the cell I'm working in. Thanks! Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lisa wrote: > Is there a way to format cells to appear as seconds. I > would like to type 7 and have it generate a 0:00:07. I > know that I could use the TIME function for this, but I > would need two cells for tha...

use arrow keys to tab to specific cells
I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? Hi, On the keyboard tap 'Scroll Lock' key. Mike "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific cells, now it moves the > entire worksheet instead. How to I enable my arrow keys to move to cells? SCROLL lock is ON. (Key near to Print Screen in your keyboard) Turn it OFF -- Jacob "mary ellen" wrote: > I was able to use my arrow keys to tab to specific c...

Excel 97
I have 2 different pivot tables, each with a total. If I select both totals using Office 2003, the SUM of the 2 cells appears in the bottom right of the spreadsheet. If I try to select the same 2 cells using Office 97, nothing happens and the cells are not selected. Can anyone confirm whether or not this function is only available with Office 2000 or later? ...

Dont wanna see images in HTML mails !
Outlook 2002 Is there any way to make Outlook NOT display images in HTML-formated messages ??? Sick of seeing porn stuff and shit in spam mails ! thanks ...

a user doesn't see new email
a user doesn't see new email in his inbox until he browse to other folder such as sent, deleted, task etc. i try deleting his outlook profile and reinstalling outlook. still no luck. anyone know what is going on and how to resolve this? thx in advance. we are using office xp, with exchange 2k3 sp2. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:31:02 -0700, vincentnyc <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >a user doesn't see new email in his inbox until he browse to other folder >such as sent, deleted, task etc. i try deleting his outlook profile and >reinstalling outlook. ...

07; how to disassociate multilevel list from a heading style?
Hi all, I am trying to figure out a way to disassociate a multilevel list from Heading 1, Heading 2, etc in Word 07. I have been trying to deal with this both through styles and also through multilevel list but cannot find a way to break the connection between the heading and the multilevel list. Its as though once the connection is made it cannot be undone, which is absurd. There must be a way but I have been all over the internet today searching for how its done with no joy. Can anyone help me? I'll laugh if its one of those issues where the answer is staring me right i...

excel copy cells to word template
I have a large workbook and I want to copy cells from one sheet called Menu to a specific word template called PDC_MCC_IR.dot and save the word template as a word document. I have a bit of code that can open a word document and past information from cells in the word document but I need help for the rest. Can anyone help me. Here is the code that I already have. Sub Excel_to_Word() Dim appWord As Word.Application Set appWord = New Word.Application appWord.Visible = True Range("b4:c10").Copy appWord.Documents.Add.Content.Paste Application.CutCopyMode ...

XP Issues
Something in my registry is keeping my system from seeing my keyboard upon bootup of my XPproSP2 machine. Might be a virus or spyware but at any rate, it boots fine and allows the mouse to work okay but the keyboard isn't acknowledged. When I booted into safemode, the keyboard appeared to be working all the way until it was time to enter a password to get into Admin (when I started to type the admin password, the num lock LED went out and for all intents and purposes, the keyboard was dead). Aside from the keyboard not working, the system seems to be okay. Also, I have a couple ...

Last Cell
Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as the last cell? Thanks! Hi not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re-set the used range try http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Allison wrote: > Is there a way to change the which cell Excel tracks as > the last cell? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Hi >not quite sure what you'e looking for?. If you have to re- set the used >range try >http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >F...

How to combine cells into one
I am trying to map a product list to a template for their my website ecommerce app. my product fields don't match up exactly with the website so in some cases I need to consolidate fields. I would like take some columns and combine them into one.. but instead of taking 1,2,3 into 123 I want to add some text and stuff in between... ie, some of the columns I have are measurements so the numbers alone might be meaning less. I'm not really excel savvy but I tried =B2&othercolumns, but the problem with this is there are no spaces. I tried adding spaces before and or a...

active cell status disappears ??
If I leave the cursor in say C5, and come back to the computer a minute or so later, the Name box shows C5 as the active cell, but the cell isn't referenced anymore ... in other words, it's not "framed" showing that's where the cursor is ... I have to physically click the mouse in a cell to get the "frame" to come back ... This just started happening a week or so ago, on my work computer ... I don't know is someone else might have downloaded a virus or changed the settings ... Help ...??? When Excel itself loses focus (is no longer the active applic...

Seperating cells and columns
Is there a way to seperate some cells and/or columns so you could have different height cells/columns that are in the same row? thx, Dave -- DRLski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DRLski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401166 inserts some rows above and below your initial row and merge the ones that need to be higher with cells above and/or below -- Dnereb -------------------------------------------------------------------...

Canadian Payroll calculation by employee or department
Customers asked for the functionality to be able to calculate a payroll only for an employee or/and a department, instead of having always to calculate a complete batch (usefull when you enter adjustments for one employee for which you need to run again the payroll calvulation witout affecting all the other employees that are validated and correct, included in this batch). It would be really usefull. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

Cell display in 2007
After revising a formula in Excel 2007, the new number is presented overlaid on top of the previous number in the cell. If I minimize EXCEL and then then maximize, the cell data presents correctly. Formula, Calculation Options is set to Automatic. The size of the spreadsheet/file does not matter. I've only had EXCEL 2007 a few weeks and my PC is new. Our IT shop has changed PC's virtual memory to 5120-8192 with no improvement. There have been reports of a bug in a windows update for office 2007 November 10th Can cause "visual leaking" from one sheet to an...

Seperate two words in a cell
I have a column heading called "Name". Each cell in this column contains the first and the last name. What formula can I use (in 2 new columns called FName and SName) to separate the first name from the last name. Hi, Gary. Use Text to Columns, about 1/3rd the way down this page: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Gary" <g45340@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42de4c57$0$8417$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > I have a column heading called "Name&qu...

Calculating differences in dates
I want to calculate the difference between todays date and dates in the future in days, hours and minutes eg Today 30/06/2005 10:37 Future date 03/07/2005 11:48 Difference 3 days 1 hour 11 minutes What formula should I use and how should the cells be formatted? Thanks for any help -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

conditional formatting, empty cells
Hi faced to the following problem: Let us asssume that i want to c fin all values in column A with range 3 to 9 and make them red. Everything goes fine when I select the whole column, go to th conditional formatting and use the system: if cell value is not betwee 0-9 make the cell red. The blank cells are not colored BUT: when I use the same system with values between 3-9, the empt cells are colored to red and system is not working. Can anyone explain why this system is working from 0 to eternity an not from 1 to eternity.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are these ce...

How can I convert empty strings to empty cells?
Hi there. Hopefully someone can help with something that seems pretty strange. I'm exporting data from access to excel and doing some stuff to the data with pivot tables. In the pivot tables however, blank cells don't register as 'blank' unless I manually go into each cell and hit delete (even though there seems to be nothing there to delete). Here's an example of before: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecked Total (blank) 4 Yes 6 Grand Total 10 and after I delete the data in the seemingly blank cells: Count of QualityChecked QualityChecke...

Calculating date/time
Hi all I need to ascertain when a given action needs to be completed by, by adding a SLA (service level agreement) to the current date and time. Note: - SLAs may be anything from 1 minute to 2 weeks - Weekends must be ignored (not included in calcs) - A work day is Monday to Friday 6.30AM to 7.00PM So, for example, if it's Friday 4PM and a SLA is 4 hours, the required completion time should be Monday 7.30AM. I've looked at Chip Pearson's site for date/time calculation, but my problem does not appear to be addressed. Any direction is much appreciated. Paul Martin Melbourne, Au...

Importing or opening a set of email addresses so that they are in vertical cells
When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar and past it into excel they are all in one cell. HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? Thanks Hi Use File/Import Export from Outlook and choose 'Excel file' as type. Andy. "Felix" <felix@feacinstitute.org> wrote in message news:1143044573.798729.163680@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I do it now by copying a set of emails on my outlook address bar > and past it into excel they are all in one cell. > HELP HOW SHOULD I DO THAT? > Thanks > Andy thanks, but what I need is: I have a w...

Placing query results in a cell
I have a project where I can connect to a database, construct a query within a VBA module: mysql01 = " select ChildID, ChildName " mysql02 = " from tblChild " Now suppose I want to put the results of the query anywhere in the spreadhseet, i.e. in a specific cell. How do I do that? On Nov 26, 4:55=A0pm, Tangier <nitinhemm...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a project where I can connect to a database, construct a query > within a VBA module: > > mysql01 =3D " select ChildID, ChildName " > mysql02 =3D " from tblChild " > > Now suppo...

How to ckeck if a text is larger than the cell ?
Hello. How, by programming, can I check if a text in a cell is too large, and therefore will not be fully displayed ? In order to reduce the font size only when needed. Thank you, Gilbert On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:18:38 +0200, "Gilbert Tordeur" <gilbert.tordeur@orange.fr> wrote: >Hello. > >How, by programming, can I check if a text in a cell is too large, and >therefore will not be fully displayed ? In order to reduce the font size >only when needed. In the Alignment tab, there's a Shrink to Fit option. Would that do it? ...

Money unable to calculate correct mortgage payment
Hello, I am new to microsoft money. I am trying to set up my mortgage payments in this program, but when I enter the data concerning my loan it never calculates it correctly. It is a new loan so I thought it would be easy since I am entering the data before I have made my first payment. Does anyone have any suggestions in how to correct this? Thanks If it is a car loan, interest accrues from the day you buy the car to your first payment. Add this to the balance financed and recalculate the loan. You should get close.. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am new to m...

VBA to change format of a linked cell
I apologize if this is really simple, but I've been searching around on the web and haven't found what I am looking for.... Maybe I am not searching for the right thing..... I would like to know the VBA syntax that I could use to change the font format of a linked cell to be the same as the cell it is linked to... A simple example: on sheet2, in cell b13, is the value 2. It is colored blue and is bolded. on sheet2, in cell b47, is the value 5. it is formatted in the default manner cell A1, on the sheet named sheet1, contains the formula ='sheet2!b13' cell A2, on the sheet ...

How to count Number of cells holding a particular value.
HI All, In my table there are 3 columns. Each cell in the last column holds either 1 or 0. I want to get the sum of the cells of the last column on top of the column name. I used the sum function to do this and works fine. But my requirement is to get the sum of the cells in the last column when i Filter using 1st and 2nd columns. e.g. Filter using the first column would give 10 rows from 30 rows. I need the sum of the cells of the third row only for those 10 rows. How can I achieve this using functions? Thank You in advance. Gihan. Use SUBTOTAL(9, range) -- ____________________________...