how to save a file as ASCII: expanded comma delimited text (.exp).

How do I save and excel file as an .exp file, or as they requested an
ASCII: expanded comma delimited text (.exp)
0
KMH (11)

Winows Media Player is losing my saved playlists
For some reason, my player is deleting my playlists as I try to open them. I can make new playlists and they are fine, but older ones can not be opened. When I go to file location, I get a message that says the location is $R9NHMBO\ and that the file was deleted on today's date at the time I opened the file. What version of WMP and Windows? This sounds like some sort of corruption, most likely of the media library. To rebuild the library, follow the instructions specific for your WMP and Windows version at http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary Note that rebuilding the ...

Changed mail format from HTML to text only

Location/Names of "Essential" Files: Outlook 2003
Need some help: As a result of migrating from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003, and from synchronizing files between my desktop and laptop machines using Genie Backup Manager Pro, I have accumulated a number of Outlook-related files, many of which I think may be redundant or left-over from the earlier version of Outlook. For Outlook 2003, what are the "required" file names (besides for outlook.pst), and where do/should they usually reside? Also, are the following files necessary for Outlook 2003: junk senders.txt outlook.fav outlook.nk2 outlook.srs outcmd.dat outlook.xml OutlPrnt ext...

Count for text
Hi, I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. A 1. text 2. number 3. text 4. text 5. #N/A 6. etc... 50. I want to count all "text" for column A, please help. i use =COUNT(IF(ISTEXT(A1:A50);(A1:50) but result is 1 , not as i expected. Kind Regards, Try =SUMPRODUCT(--ISTEXT(A1:A10)) -- Jacob "Pran" wrote: > Hi, > > I believe this is very simple, but i fail to make it works. > A > 1. text > 2. number > 3. text > 4. text > 5. #N/A > 6. etc... > 50. > > I wan...

Cannot double click an excel file and open it.
Hi When I double click an excel file, the excel application opens with a grey screen. If I drag the file onto the grey screen it opens fine. If I double click an excel attachement the excel screen opens grey and I get a message box saying The system cannot find the file specified. If I drag an excel file into the outlook inbox and then double click on it, it launches as it would normaly. I have un associated and re associated the file with Excel. I have checked the selections under the window menu in Excel, but unhide is greyed out, indicating that excel has opened, but not loaded the fil...

How do I retrieve an Excel file data after my computer crashed?
My computer crashed and I lost the work I had done in an previously existing Excel file. Is there anyway that I can retrieve this data? Thanks Hi depending on your Excel version maybe AutoRecovery helps. This should come up after restarting Excel. But I would suspect your data is lost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig wrote: > My computer crashed and I lost the work I had done in an previously > existing Excel file. Is there anyway that I can retrieve this data? > Thanks ...

Maximum practical Outlook 2007 .pst file size #2
I would like to ask basically the same question as recent post except I am curious more about 2007. I too have seen pc's drag down with larger pst files. The user I have currently has 8Gb in a single local pst file and the pc is unreasonably slow. It's a very new machine so it shouldn't be cluttered up with other stuff... But acting slower that slower pcs. ps Sorry if this is a repost, I have it in my sent box but I dont see it on the server. Not sure about 2007, we are using 2003 and we like to keep it below 2gb in size after that you have to create a new psd file. We h...

Can't open files on a network share by double-clicking
I can't open Excel files located on a network share by double-clicking on them. I can, however open them by browsing to them (File, Open, browse). I think it is a .dll problem but not sure. Help! Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Fran...

Is it possible to view Excel split screen by tab within same file
I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is this possible? Hi SS. Go to Window - Arrange - and select the view you would like. It shows all tabs. Minimize or close the ones you don't want. I find the vertical view the easiest to use. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "SS" wrote: > I would like to view split screen tabs within the same Excel workbook. Is > this possible? Window|new window Window|Arrange (horizontal/vertical/whatever you want) Check windows of activeworkbook (if you only want that one workbook) You'll see som...

Converting txt file to Excel
I have a text file imported into Excel that is setup as follows: Account Number Account Registration Payee Information 001511xxxxxx John Doe US Bank 123 First Street 100 Powell Ave Las Vegas, NV 00000 Las Vegas, NV 001512xxxxxx Jane Doe US Bank 124 First Street 100 Powell Ave Las Vegas, NV 00000 Las Vegas, NV And this report can have up to 400 accounts. Is there a way to related the Account Registration and Payee Information to the Account N...

File IO #3
I normally have been opening files and reading them using the following code: //----------------------------------------------------------- int i; unsigned char bytes[3000], tdat[50]; FILE *in; CString fname="test.dat"; in = fopen(fname, "rb"); fread(bytes, 2500, 1, in); // read the full file fclose(in); for(i=0; i<30; i++){ tdat[i] = bytes[i+70]; // extract some data from within bytes } //----------------------------------------------------------- I have heard that the use of fopen & fread are frowned upon, not sure why. How do I use "correc...

How to view Publisher 2003 files if you have Publisher 2000?
I have Publisher 2000 and somebody sent me some files that were created with Publisher 2003, that I cannot view. Is their any way to view Publisher 2003 files with my Publisher 2000? On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:56:02 +0000, Gene wrote (in article <B0B66262-45A5-4308-B31F-14EDC450FE56@microsoft.com>): > I have Publisher 2000 and somebody sent me some files that were created with > Publisher 2003, that I cannot view. Is their any way to view Publisher 2003 > files with my Publisher 2000? This is another FAQ that you could have found the answer to had you Googled. However, as it&...

Auto save 09-06-07
Hello, I am using Access 2007 on XP SP2. Is there a way to have it auto save every few minutes as one can in Excel, Word, etc.? Bob Basically Access saves at every change of data. Are you experiencing some sort of problem? If so could you provide some details. -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eXZ$iwJ8HHA.2004@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I am using Access 2007 on XP SP2. Is there a way to have it auto save > every few minutes as one can in Excel, Word, etc.? > > Bob >...

save with a macro
is it possible to build a macro in which it is possible to save a a file with a fixed name and a variable date (today date)? Sub NameFile() Const strFile as String = "FixedPart" ActiveWorkbook.SavesAs Filename:= strFile & _ Format(Date,"mmddyyyy") & ".xls" End Sub Tested using Excel 97SR2 on Windows 98SE, HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. ---------------------------------------------------...

Custom Maintenance Wizard and Unicode PST file
Hi All I am using the CMW to generate a new profile for some OL2003 users and within this profile I am creating a PST file called personal folders. Now in the CMW I am selecting to create a unicode PST file not the 97-2002 ANSI format. However, whatever I try, when I look at the PST file on a machine even though the profile is running in Unicode mode, the PST file states it's in ANSI mode (97 -2002) format. What am I doing wrong? How can I force this PST to get created in Unicode?? We are running Exchange 2003 This is pretty important as we have a handful of users who have very large PO...

Saving an Excel Spreadsheet outside of Excel Recent Documents
Okay "boys & girls" you may think this is a primative question, but I just can't figure this out: When I save an Excel spreadsheet, the only way I can get back into it is to open up my Excel program > Open the file I previously saved. And that is not a problem. However, what if I wanna save that Excel spreadsheet into one of my computer document foldders? Now that's the problem! If I click: Start > Documents then I see all my special folders with all my special stuff. Well, I wanna be able to save some of my Excel spreadsheets in a special fol...

Text Field
Hi, I want to create a text field for users to enter in Excel. The amoun of text can be pretty large especially for case recordings. One of th users complained that Excel does not work like Word, where the text wil go to the next line automatically. For Excel, the text spill over. Yo would have to arrange them for printing, do line-break manually. tried wrap text and merge cells, it worked well for the first fe lines. For the rest of the text, it became messy. And it cant displa the whole text, the max row height is 409 -- mejame -----------------------------------------------------------...

Save file
Hello I am opening a file myfile.xls run a macro and then I would like to copy the sheet "DATA" and place in a new file and then save as myfileupload.xls and also as myfileuploadmmddyyyy.xls. This process may occur several time in one day. How do I modify my macro to accomplish the save? I would like to put an alpha suffix on the later file and increment each time it is run during the day. Such as myfileuploadmmddyyyy_A.xls, myfileuploadmmddyyyy_B.xls, etc. All help is appreciated How about something like this, using TIME (Hours / Minutes / Seconds) as the final fi...

Rules Wizard will not save #2
The rules wizard will not save. (outlook 2000 on XP machine) Have imported my .rwz file from old machine and it appears properly and works, I exit and come back and it is gone! I try to manually enter a rule, and it will work for the current session and then dissapear when I reopen Outlook Help!!! .. ...

Formula to return text
Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous text. Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced Cell G95 = NVAA What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks. Maybe =OFFSET(G7,88,0) -- HTH Bob "casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEBF975E-7D02-48DC-836C-5E7A11C27389@microsoft.com... > Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I > canno...

Hiding rows where text not entered to right of colums A and B
I have a worksheet with narrative from A11:B60. Can someone provide me with a macro that scans down rows 11 to 60 and if there is no content to the right of columns A and B it hides these rows. i would still need to see the headings for all the columns which stretch across to Column AD Thanks in advance, Aidan. Hi Aidan, Try the following. Note the comment and also that a space and underscore at the end of a line is a line break in an otherwise single line of code. I am a bit confused by "i would still need to see the headings for all the columns which stretch ac...

Transfering text to excel spreadsheet
Hi everyone: I have columns of numbers which I can access in Notepad. I would like to export these columns to Excel so that I can sort them, etc. The columns themselves are not divided by tabs. Any ideas how I can do this? Thanks, -Charles Try 1) From Excel use File|Open -> all files -> select your txt file or 2) Copy from Notepad to Excel and use Data|Text to Column best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Charles Shahar" <charles19@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:T4ged.33773$J16.1966613@news20.bellglobal.com....

PowerPoint sound files not playing back from CD Office mac 2008
I'm trying to help my daughter with her Power Point presentation. We have attached mp3 sound files to her slides. When I burn the PowerPoint file to a disk and take to a second computer to check that it will play, the sound does not play. As my computer is a desktop I can't just let her take it to school. I tried to increase under the general preferences the sound file size so that it would not try to link but that doesn't seem to work. how can I embed the sound before I save and burn the Power point presentation to a CD? So that when my daughter tabs through the prese...

Find value within a text string
So maybe this question will be a little harder... I need to find a date that is in a text string. The cell is an automatic update from the internet that always looks like this: Daily Settlements for Soybean Futures (FINAL)Trade Date: 08/13/2009. Sometimes the word final will be preliminary. I need a cell that returns the 08/13/2009 part. Thanks for your help! Well, if it always at the end of the string you can use RIGHT: =3DRIGHT(A1,10) This will give you a text value, but if you want it as a date just do: =3D--RIGHT(A1,10) or: =3DVALUE(RIGHT(A1,10)) and format the cell as a date...

Access 2007 Help Files
I recently upgraded to Access 2007. I tried using HELP to search on a specific statement and was unable to locate anything useful. Almost everything I tried stated "No Information Available". What I really need is the VBA Language Reference for 2007. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Jack Cannon I've had the same difficulty. I use 2 sources, first Access 97 help, which has an excellent, albeit for Access 2007 incomplete help file. And the second source is Access 2007 VBA Programmer's Reference by Access MVPs Teresa Hennig, Armen Stein, et. al.: http://...