How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #5

How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would
like to do something like this:

=IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing)

So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to
TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run.

Kristian

Excel Profiling
Hi All, In our application excel is embedded inside a browser. There is an addin which paints application specific data in Excel. I am trying to do performance profiling of my code using Quantify. But there seems to be some problem as the quatify report doesnt show timings for application methods. It has timings for all Excel/system methods. I will appreciate any help on it. In addition, please suggest any other tool that I can use for profiling. Regards, Rohit ...

New Excel Field HOWTO
Have a xls file with 400 users in it with the following fields: Employee Number, First Name, Last Name. I want to add another field which shows me LastName and first intial of the user. e.g: If user name is John Doe the new field should automatically create DoeJ. How can I make this usign excel. I have 400 users with first name and last name in seperate fields. Advise Please. Thank you sub trythis() for each c in range("c2:c400") c.offset(,1).value=c & "," & left(c.offset,-1),1) next c end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguil...

Excel opening but file does not open with Application
Using Excel in Office XP running on Windows XP Double Click on *.xls file, Excel opens but does not open the file. Must then click on File Open. No errors are displayed. Tried Un-Install and Re-Install, Also looked at file associations. And you're sure the workbook isn't being opened??? Windows|arrange|tiled doesn't show it??? If no, then sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver &...

How to hide the column headings displayed by Excel at the left of.
How to hide the Row headings displayed by Excel (to the left of column A)? I have two title rows and then my own row numbers. This is off by 2 from Excel's Row numbers. There is no math involved and I would like to hide Excel's Row numbers (or is there a way to start it at -2?). I would appreciate a reply. You can only hide both row and column headers under tools>options>view and uncheck Row & column headers Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pc300" wrote: > How to hide the Row headings displayed by Excel (to the left of column A)? > > I have two title rows a...

Excel Autofiltering
Greetings all, Just a quick question about something that has been getting on my nerves with Excel lately: how come sometimes when you do an autofilter on spreadsheet data it tells you in the bottom left corner how many records match the criteria, and sometimes it just says "Autofilter"? Regards Andi Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andi B" <mgem35@dsl.pipex.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:417baaa8$0$6201$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com... > Greetings all, > > Just a quick question a...

Exchange 5.5 Recovey
I learned the hard way - test your backups. Without them, you'll be forced to do a nasty little restore with some very broad stroking tools in the form of eseutil and isinteg. Anyway, onto my prob - there are a couple of users out of 20 who can no longer connect to the exchange 5.5 server after the restoration. I've checked their accounts in both the user manageer and exchange administration. Everything seems to be in order. For a test, I copied one of the users in user manager, then created the exchange account from there. This test account works. Has anyone experience...

Upgrade from Excel 97 to 2003
At work I am upgrading from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. Have tried all kinds of web searching to identify the specific changes I am likely to encounter as a user but to little avail. Can someone please provide me with (or point me in the direction of) a specific list of changes in user functionality I am likely to encounter. The more information the better! Many thanks. There's a version comparison here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/compare.mspx and some upgrading information here: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051985111033&...

can't open excel workbook
Hi to everyyone... anyone know how to open a corrupt excel file I get a message that says ..."unable to open file" even though it's there, all appeared to be ok even during a saving till i tried to open again...before I saved it I was working on macros, don't know if that has any relevance many thanks in advance -- gerry405 I would have to say it does sound like Macro problem. If you have macros in the workbook one of them could be corrupt You can allways try running the macros from Tools, Macros, Run Macro. Or go into Visual basic and run them there. Hope tha...

Importing Access DB into Excel changes my calculated fields in Exc
I currently have an Excel worksheet that imports data from MSAccess. I have calulated fields built into this Excel sheet that calculates info from the results that are returned. When I refreshed this new year, less data is returned and the calculated fields where there is no data returned are showing #REF!. How do I keep the calculated fields static so they don't try to change when new data is brought in and some fields are now blank? See example below. The calculated fields are Variance and Pct Change Columns Year Month Dollars1 Dollars2 Dollars3 Total Variance...

keep a running total of my formula results after each (F9)
How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet total... etc Thank you I answered my own question. See about accumulators at >>>> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html "Souvien" wrote: > How do I keep a running total of my formula results after each time the sheet > is calculted, i.e. sheet total, F9, + next sheet total, F9, + next sheet > total... etc > > Thank you ...

Document Not Saved on MS Excel file on W2K Server
I'm not so sure what newsgroup category will this issue fall. I have a file server with Windows 2000 Server SP4 OS and a WIndows NT Workstation desktops. Some of my users complain that when they will try to open an file especially excel file from the server, and when they try to save the file, its prompts for "Document Not Saved", even though that they didn't make the file idle. I have 50 desktop PC and 60 CALs for my server. Please help. Mark I'm not sure what "make the file idle" means, but when excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a...

SMTP connection failure - 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address
I have a number of SMTP document scanning devices that currently communicate with our 5.5 smtp connectors, I need to transfer them to Exchange 03 smtp comms as part of a migration. I have turned the logging up on the 03 smtp transport and have been receiving a 7010 when the smtp document scanner try's to send an email via the smtp virtual server on the 03 cluster. I have searched technet and I have found no info on "501 5.5.4 Invalid Address Please find the event below Thanks in anticipation Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Eve...

reverse the word on excel
Hi, Iwant to know if there is a way to reverse the words from left to righ insteed from right to left for example: "dog" will reverse to "god" Thank -- kma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=333 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27073 If you put dog in A1 Then copy and paste this into B =CONCATENATE(MID(A1,3,1),MID(A1,2,1),MID(A1,1,1)) This will reverse a 3 letter word and it will turn dog into god, alth this form...

Diacritics by default.Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP3
If I open a new workbook and for example, type decor in a cell, Excel adds a diacritic over the e, thus d�cor. I don't want this to happen (it happens with many words) I can't see a setting anywhere which turns it on or off. We do use Excel on this PC to import text files which do have diacritics and are needed in the resulting sheets, and maybe it is remembering some setting triggered by the import. Any one have any suggestions? IanB go to TOOLS OPTIONS SPELLINGS AUOTCORRET Options UNCHECK REPLACE TEXT as you type OR Delete the Decor entry from there...

Contract salary sheets.
Hi there, does any one have any exmaples on websites of short contrac salary sheets. or even holiday planners, and what can be condtiona formatted in it? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Alternative to excel if nest function
Hello. I have the following problem. In the attached file you will see part of a program that I have been working on. This part should multipl columns F and H from workshhet called finisaj with cell g51 from th first worksheet. The result is copied into the second table and ther it should be multiplied with the column D from finisaj. And that� exactly what it�s doing. What I would like to know if there is different way of doing what I have just told because of the limitation of the if nesting function. Thank you very much +-----------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel not showing last opened files
Hi: I'm using Excel 97 SR-1 and Win 98 SE. I've configured Excel so that it shows the last 9 opened files. The problem is that when I open Excel the next morning, sometimes appears 2 files or 1 file or no file. When I used Win 95 there was no problem Any suggestions? Thanks Luis Verme ...

Macro in excel #2
I am using Record a macro option in Excel. I had successfully recorded a macro in which the reports that I wanted from various sheets like sheet1,sheet2,.... are copied in one single sheet. I want that single sheet which contain all the reports that I needed to be in a new excel without other sheets and the macros that I have created. The option i have tried while recording a macro is that, I just right-click on the sheet tab and then create a copy and then move to a new workbook. But it doesn't work. Please let me know how I can extract that particular sheet out of the excel with ...

Excell exported to ASCII file
I need to export an excell ss to an ASCII file File Save as --- check the options "Richard L Weston" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042501c39f2d$0e8a1160$a301280a@phx.gbl... : I need to export an excell ss to an ASCII file ...

import excel spreadsheet without empty rows (causing nulls)
Hi. I am trying to import an excel file into access. The import goes fine or so I thought. When I opened the table it had all my excel data plus over 9000 null valued records.So instead of getting a record set number of 200 records, I got over 9200. I have re imported the table after deleting empty rows (<-it felt pointless because there was nothing that I was deleting, I just figured there was something hidden) in the spreadsheet but it did the same thing. Is there something that attaches to the spreadsheet that causes null records? Please let me know if you know what has happened. Thank...

Microsoft MVP Donald Belcham to Speak on Visual Studio, C# vNext, Aspect Oriented Programming, Live Mesh
Microsoft MVP Donald Belcham to Speak on Visual Studio, C# vNext, Aspect Oriented Programming, Live Mesh Bangalore, December 1, 2008: When writing Microsoft technology-related applications to have strong separations of concerns you inevitably run across some items that, while appearing as separate concerns, do not behave in the same manner as the other concerns. Instead of interacting only with their immediate neighbors, these concerns can interact with some or all of the concerns within the application. Donald Belcham is coming back this summer to India's biggest summit for the developer...

vsapi - Symantec Mail Security 4.5
Hello, I am running Exchange Server 2003 (as part of Small Business Server 2003). Have used Symantec Mail Security 4.5 to protect the server successfully for 12 months. Last night, a power outage caused the server to reboot. When it rebooted, the Symantec Mail Security service did not start. Email continued to be delivered to the server. The message tracking centre shows that the email was sucessfully delivered locally to the store. On starting outlook (2003) this morning, syncronization errors were logged for those emails that had been delivered while the Symantec Mail Security s...

Migration from 5.5 to 2003
We are at the final stretch in migrating from 5.5 to 2003. We had 1 Ex 5.5 Site in which we installed Ex 2003 server into. One site with both 5.5 and 2003 server. All mailboxes moved to 2003. All public folders replicated to 2003. System folders (Offline address book, schedule plus, forms) replicated to 2003. When client is pulling OAB, clients are getting the version generated by 5.5. How do I make the client pull the OAB generated by 2003? 2003 exchange server is generating OAB as well as 5.5. Thanks. By the way, both 5.5 and 2003 are online. joeschmit...@yahoo.com wrote: >...

Excel and Chinese Language
I encountered a problem that when a user extract a file from SAP to Windows 98 SE Excel 97, they seems to be able to read the Chinese Characters fine. So the file is saved and send to a user using Windows 2K Professional with Office 2K Professional. But when the receiver opened the files, it contains gabage characters. Any one can help? Thanks Each user must have the Chinese character font in order to see Chinese characters. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Peter" <peterfoo@popularworld.com> wrote in message news:0f9a01c3ae45$310d...

I would like to create raffle tickets in Excel, How?
I would like to create raffle tickets. On MS it says to download the template for Avery 5371. Okay, did that. Now how do I continue that so the numbers come out in sequence correctly? Or how do I create the raffle tickets in Excel? I would really appreciate any help. Concerning the number sequence, you want to put identical numbers in A1 an B1. Then, highlight the columns and Fill -> Series -> Increment. Do the same for Columns C and D, and so on such that you have a page full of raffle tickets. -- Anne Murray "jthhousing" wrote: > I would like to create raffle t...