How to only "paste values" of cells that are not "hidden"?

Hello,

In my document, many columns are hidden.  Say column B is hidden,
and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another
Excel document.  How can I do that?  When I select columns A and C, copy
and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead of
just columns A and C.

Thank you!
0
SAM4137 (239)

	Don't drag-select, control-click A and then C, for scattered-selection.

								Danny

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:33:01 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In my document, many columns are hidden.  Say column B is hidden,
> and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another
> Excel document.  How can I do that?  When I select columns A and C, copy
> and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead
> of
> just columns A and C.
>
> Thank you!

dann90038 (10)
7/16/2005 4:29:38 AM
Select A:C
Edit|Goto|Special|click "visible cells only"
Edit|Copy
go to the other sheet
edit|pastespecial|values

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to only "paste values" of cells that are not "hidden"?
Hello, In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another Excel document. How can I do that? When I select columns A and C, copy and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead of just columns A and C. Thank you! Don't drag-select, control-click A and then C, for scattered-selection. Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:33:01 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, &g...