How to merge two Excel documents so that second add to first as a new worksheet?

Suppose I have 2 Excel documents with essentially the same
columns.  Let's call them collection1.xls et
collection2.xls.  Both have only 1 worksheet inside.  I
want to take the worksheet from Collection2.xls and make
it Worksheet 2 of Collection1.xls.

I know it can be done with cut and paste but it seems to
me that when I try this, worksheet 2 does not seem to
duplicate all the styles and formatting of worksheet 1
(i.e. collection2 seems to lose some of its original
formatting during the cut and paste transfer to Worksheet
2 with the unwanted result that worksheet one looks
different than worksheet 2).  Is there another way of
doing this?  I know in WORD there use to be an APPEND
function to copy one document at the end of another
document.  Is there something similar in EXCEL 2002?
TIA.
0
anonymous (74722)

Melandre,

Right mouse click the worksheet.  Move or Copy.  Then you have to specify
where you want it moved or copied to.

That should do it.

Regards,
Kevin

"Melandre" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suppose I have 2 Excel documents with essentially the same
> columns.  Let's call them collection1.xls et
> collection2.xls.  Both have only 1 worksheet inside.  I
> want to take the worksheet from Collection2.xls and make
> it Worksheet 2 of Collection1.xls.
>
> I know it can be done with cut and paste but it seems to
> me that when I try this, worksheet 2 does not seem to
> duplicate all the styles and formatting of worksheet 1
> (i.e. collection2 seems to lose some of its original
> formatting during the cut and paste transfer to Worksheet
> 2 with the unwanted result that worksheet one looks
> different than worksheet 2).  Is there another way of
> doing this?  I know in WORD there use to be an APPEND
> function to copy one document at the end of another
> document.  Is there something similar in EXCEL 2002?
> TIA.

0
stecyk (172)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New Implementation

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Document Viewer installer error

New Record

learning Excel #3

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Moving documents into a new folder
How do I move several existing word documents into a new folder I've created (I want several related documents to be in the one place). I can't seem to drag them into the folder and Office 2007 doesn't have the 'move' facility previous versions of Office had. Thanks Open window's explorer, create a new folder, go to each location of files to be copied, select each file and drag it or copy and paste it into the new folder. Of course you can select several files at the same time by holding down the control key and then selecting, then dragging or copying an...