how to make a histogram with frequency

how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins.  all i
have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the frequency of
each one.  can i make a histogram with this data?
0
hannah553 (1)

hannah553  -

> how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins.  all
> i have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the
> frequency of each one.  can i make a histogram with this data? <

To use the Histogram tool, the data range is the raw data on a worksheet,
and the bins are values you enter in the worksheet to specify the upper
limits for each interval of the frequency distribution. The Histogram tool
creates the frequency distribution and a Column chart.

You already have a frequency distribution, so you could create a Column
chart to display the results.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

Looking for Someone to review and make suggestions
Subject pretty much sums it up. Looking for someone to review a workbook and give suggestions as to a more functional format that would be easier to add to etc. If interested please leave email and I will send a copy and hope that you can critic it and offer suggestions or help. Thx Try it the other way around! YOU post your email address and WE'LL contact you. Merry Christmas! >-----Original Message----- >Subject pretty much sums it up. Looking for someone to review a workbook and >give suggestions as to a more functional format that would be easier to add >to ...

Frequency charts with non-numeric data
If I have a column of non-numeric data (for example 500 different fields, each field stating the color of a car ie green, green,green, red,red, silver etc) how do I draw a graph showing the frequency of each colour type? For example green 200, red 100, white 100, silver 100 (preferably with the % for each). The countif function will work combined with the graph wizard, but his becomes very labourius for many categories (or colours). For those familiar with statistics, this is a pareto. There is a pareto function in the Data Analysis Add ins but it does not appear to work with non-numer...

How do I make it disappear?
I copied and pasted from a website all well and good, however, there is a =80 in some of the cells that I want out. This is locked in as the first entry in the cell. If I delete the line it appears in the next line. I cannot backspace it out either. Any clues how to make it go away? Ralphael, the OLD one right click it and tell us what happens. -- Gary''s Student "Ralphael1" wrote: > I copied and pasted from a website all well and good, however, there is > a € in some of the cells that I want out. This is locked in as the > first entry in the cell. > If I d...

Making Windows XP Start 60% Faster
Whenever you start your computer, you are faced with a few moments of thumb twiddling while Windows XP boots and prompts you to log on. Although you should expect to wait for a few moments, sometimes Windows XP seems to boot rather slowly. In fact, you may notice that over a period of time the PC that used to roar to life seems a bit sluggish instead. Fortunately, you can perform several techniques that help Windows XP get the bootup speed you want. This chapter explores how to put these techniques to work. Read complete tips here www.thinktarget.net ...

Make the #N/A sign invisible
I've developed a simple program using Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic Editor. In the worksheet, I have specified 10 cells according to their own formula. All the cells contain #N/A sign as to show that the cells contain their own formula ( I guess!) After executing the program only 6 cells were automatically fill-in with data. What can I do if I want the program to consider the other 4 cells as empty? (eventhough they actually have formulas) This is because I want the program to automatically hide the empty cells.(cells with no data) Anyone can help me? Thank you in advanced On 16 ...

How to make a new Public Folder Structure in another domain?
How to make a new Public Folder Structure in another domain? I have 2 domains DOM1 and DOM2 for example. In the beginning there was only 1. But because some of the activities must be done by an external company, the company had to split up.... They worked a lot together, but now the 2 company's (domains) are more and more seperate... Need from employees: DOM2 has to have it's own Public Folders. Empty.... My situation now: Dom1 First Administrative Group Servers DOM1Controller Public Folder Store DOM2Controller Pub...

Can I make an xls start up in 2003
ever since I've installed 2007, all my files will start up 2007 when I double -click them. Can I set up my machine so that: xlsx will open up 2007 and xls will open up 2003 Thanks M hi windows considers the last version installed as the default so it's basicly a windows thing, not necessarily an excel thing. one possible fix would be to reinstall excel 03 to re-set it as default. another would be to do a detect and repair in 03 setup. some have reported success with this. good luck. regards FSt1 "Michelle" wrote: > ever sinc...

Is it possible to make only have a page a locked form?
I have form that I want to be locked but I also need the bottom to be open so that I can paste macros. Is there a way to get a form to allow you to past macros or a way to break up a page so that only a portion is locked. Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. What kind of macros do you want to paste??? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jennifer Carr" <Jennifer Carr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:471E5CEE-9FAA-41FC-B035-7AB344AEBCBB@microsoft.com... > I have form that I want to be locked but I also need the bottom to be o...

Making Money!!!!!
$$$$$ NEED MONEY RIGHT NOW? $$$$$ GUARANTEED-you WILL have $7,000+++ IN TWO WEEKS. ONLY WITH A $5 INVESTMENT, 1 HOUR OF WORK and NO MAILING LISTS "GIFTING CLUB" PLEASE READ TO FIND OUT HOW! If you want to make a few thousand dollars really quickly, then please take a moment to read and understand the MLM program I am sharing with you. NO, it is Not what you think! YOU DO NOT have to spend $5 to five people to buy a report, get on their mailing list, OR buy a recipe or any other product. NOR will you need to invest more money later to get things going. This is the fastest, e...

SMB port lockout makes remote *.pst link undeletable
Recently, apparently faced with an unfortunate surplus of MS Windows hackers and a population that, on average, had no interest in patching their machines, our campus SYSOPs decided to shut down all NETBIOS-related ports on all routers with off-campus lines, including both ports used by SMB (yes, they closed 445 as well). Of course, this makes all previously established SMB mounts non- functional, and this fact forms the basis for my question. Many people on campus had SMB mounts on off-campus machines which supported links from Outlook to remote *.pst files. Of course, these links ...

making a cell a link to another worksheet
hey there I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? thanks You could use Insert|Hyperlink and follow the dialog from there. Simo Sentissi wrote: > > hey there > > I was wondering how I can make a cell a link to another > worksheet or make it open a new word doc or excel doc ? > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Making Zero Quantity Items Inactive
Hi all ~ I've loaded 45,000 supplier records in RMS, but only have about 4,000 that are active. Will the following work for updating all items to inactive that don't have a quantity on hand? update item set inactive = 1 where quantity <> 0 What is the implications of making something inactive? If I make something inactive, but it's really active with zero quantity, what happens when the item is scanned or we need to ring up that item? You help would be appreciated. Jerry, Its more like; UPDATE item SET inactive = '1' WHERE quantity = 0 AND quantitycommitted =...

Chart of frequences of values
Hello, How can I create chart of value�s frequences according to a frequenc table? (see attachement) Thanks a lot +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: graph.JPG |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3691 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- balcovj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2623 View this thread: http://www....

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

How can i get publisher to stop making shadows in my pictures?
I am trying to make a brochure that has floor plans on it. When it prints, it prints a shadows of the floor plans, making it hard to read! I've tried the shadow option and taking off the shadow and it doesn't work. On the screen the shadows aren't there. What is the deal?! Thanks for any help xaviermsu wrote: > I am trying to make a brochure that has floor plans on it. When it > prints, it prints a shadows of the floor plans, making it hard to > read! I've tried the shadow option and taking off the shadow and it > doesn't work. On the screen the shadows aren...

How do I make the Excel progam alphabetize my client list?
How do I make the Excel program alphabetize my client list? Select your range of data then choose Sort from the Data menu. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rogue1965" <Rogue1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC07D7E3-7301-4F46-9317-6449D73A802C@microsoft.com... > How do I make the Excel program alphabetize my client list? Select all the columns you want to include in the sort operation. Data>Sort Choose the column to sort by ascending or descending. If by "make" E...

How can I make fill and line colour show in document
Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word When using text box fill or line colour, nothing appears on screen, though it does print. Can I alter a setting to make these appear in my document on screen? Thank you for your response. The contrast option was selected. However, I now know that the print preview shows the colours, though, as you say the colour is not shown in the original document. I think I can live with this change to my previous version of the programme. "MS" wrote: > Office Small Business 2003 - Publisher and Word > > When using text box f...

Making VLOOKUP Range Static
I have an excel file that has about 17 sheets. On three of those sheets I have VLOOKUP's that look at the other sheets. I load the other sheets with data and use a macro to format the data how I want it. During these macros I do add some Columns to the sheets. The last thing I do is recalucate to get the latest data from the VLOOKUP's. However, when I add the columns to the sheets it changes the ranges on my VLOOKUP's. I do not want that to occur. How do I make the range static? I have tried the following, "$D:$Q", that does not do it. what do I need to do? Hi! ...

making variables
Hi, I have a question (maybe a stupid one) I have too make some variables like dim matrix5(5,5) as integer dim matrix6(6,6) as integer ...... dim matrix10(10,10) as integer this can be done but I want a shorter way like dim str as string dim i as integer for i = 5 to 10 str = "matrix" & i.tostring dim str(i,i) as integer next i but this gives a error is it possible to do somthing like this without a error it is long ago but i think it could be make in dbase3 thanks for any response andrews wrote: > I have a question (maybe a stupid one) > I have ...

Make the current cost field editable when using Item Copy.
When the Item Copy function in Item Maintenance is used to copy an item that uses an Average Perpetual valuation method, the current cost is taken from the source item and the current cost field is them locked down. This forces users to use the Change Average Cost utlity to alter the current cost for new items. If a new item is manually entered, and it uses an Average Perpetual valuation method, the current cost field is editable until the record is saved. When creating a new Average Perpetual item using Item Copy the current cost field should be editable until the record is saved. -...

how do i make an attachment?
I dont know how to make my doc an attachment. You don't have to do anything with the document (apart from save it) for it to be an attachment. Simply open your e-mail application and choose the option to attach a file. Select the document and complete the e-mail message. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<>...

How to make out my CTreeCtrl?
Hey,All: I have created an extended class from CTreeCtrl,but I don't know how I can re-design the Scroll bar in the CTreeCtrl.Is there anybody who knows about how to re-design the scroll bar in my extended CTreeCtrl? thanks in advance! ^_^ Carl How are we to know what functionality your "extended" class adds? How are we to know what the scroll bar does that you do not want it to do? If you have a question as to how to perform a particular task, this is a great place to post it. I'm sorry, but I don't see how anyone could offer useful information given the informatio...

Exchange2003 OWA: How to make the interface like Outlook 2003?
Exchange2003 OWA: How to make the interface like Outlook 2003? OWA of Ex2003 is much better than the one from Ex2000, but Outlook 2003 is the best. I remember Microsoft once promote 30-day free OWA service (months ago) and it's using Ex2003 and the OWA interface is the same as Outlook 2003. I remember someone/somewhere mentioned this is the feature of OWA on Ex2003. But the one I installed doesn't have the interface of Outlook 2003. Anyone knows how to make Exchange 2003 OWA interface the same as Outlook 2003? much thanks, I dont but the one I am using is more like that of Ou...

Outlook, NT Exchange 4.5, VPN, Domain..... Can't make it all work. PLZ help, will reward.
Really stuck with the Outlook� Situation: NT SBS 4.5 server. 6 machines connected to it on a domain. All suck internet through a LAN broadband router. Server used to be configured on a modem dial-up and emails worked fine. Now with this new ADSL setup (new provider) emails get stuck on despatch. Finding the SMTP server configuration has been a task I didn't manage. Can anyone help? I can only find the SMTP settings for the administrator on the server but that is of no use� I found a setting where all mail is forwarded to an internet based server but no place for a password or login. The...

How do i make certain words automatically bold themselves.
I need certain words in my scedules to be bold. I dont want to have to go through all my charts and select these individual words & i would like to have these specific words just become bold as i type them in the future. Please help. right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this. I commented out other examples Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub 'Target.Offset(, -1) = Target.Row 'If Target > 4 Then Target.Borders.Weight = xlThick ''If Target = "jj" Then...