How to let users add lines in lists in protected worksheets?

In Excel 2003, I have set up a protected worksheet with only a few cells
unlocked, including a list.
I want to let the users add lines to the list eventhough all the cells
outside the list are protected. The users should not be able to add lines
anywhere outside the list.
Thanks.
0
Reneps (1)

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Auto fill and drop down lists
The fields are Rank and Rank Sort (I cant do this alpabetically as a the ranks (Military) don't run in alphabetical order. The idea is this: The form (Pers Details Form) contains personal details Name, Number etc from the Pers Details Table. There will be box where I can select the rank from a dropdown list. The Rank details are contained in a seperate table (Rank Table) containing a Rank and Rank Sort column. In the Pers Details Form I can create a record, enter details but I want to have a drop down box to choose the rank from. Once chosen I would like the rank to show (but ...

Price list 02-23-06
Does anyone know how to default a quote to a particular price list, or can I remove this mandatory field? Tks. Ian Hi Ian, You could write a script at the OnLoad Event of the Quote Form. var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: alert("This is a create form."); //insert the PriceList GUID into the Price List look up field here. break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE: break; } Hope this helps. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This post...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

How do I get deleted items that stay in inbox with line thru them.
I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? "rwwhit" <rwwhit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D17761E-CD1B-4D04-BACB-B0D837C4DD93@microsoft.com... >I inherited a computer at work. Outlook is setup so that when I delete a > message it stays in the inbox, with a line thru it. How do I get the deleted > items to go automatically to the deleted item folder? That's normal behavior...

how to add singnature
"prasad" <prasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5107796D-4E02-45AB-9816-47670410FA63@microsoft.com... > Please use the message body to provide information that will be invaluable in getting help. Things like: Version of Outlook. Type of mail server (exchange, pop/imap, hotmail). What you're trying to do (because, frankly, I could answer your question with 'You go to the end of your message and type it in' and be correct). What you've tried to do and how it failed. -- f.h. ...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

will not let me add my hot mail e-mail
how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look You can't unless you have a paid-for Premium Account. "stephen2428" <stephen2428@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:101C02C3-519B-4B3C-8D8B-FABDCDEB9DE7@microsoft.com... > how do I add my msn hotmail email to out look And we are supposed to guess as to WHICH version of Outlook that you use? HTTPmail got added fo...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

Remove Add-Ins from Tools Menu
I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still shows on the Tools menu. How do you get it off the menu? I exited and restarted the the program several times and the add-in is unchecked. Excel 2000, 9.04402 SR-1 Karl Does this add-in have a name? Some third-party applications are noted for sticking files in XLSTART. Visio comes to mind. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:31:17 GMT, "Karl Irvin" <88karl3200@comcast.net> wrote: >I installed an Add-In, used it an then uninstalled it. The Add-In still >shows on the Tools menu. How ...

Add a horizontal line to a graph but not to the legend
I want to be able to add horizontal lines to my chart, in this case at 4% and 6% on the y-axis. The solutions I've seen so far suggest to add a series at these points. The problem is that when I add a seires, my legend shows the new series when I don't really want them to. Is there a really simple way that I've overlooked so that I can just add a line at one y-value and all the x values on the graph and not have it appearing in the legend? Thanks I have just tested inserting an extra series in both xl2002 and xl2007 and if you select the legend and then select the indiv...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

Linking Drop-down list to worksheets
I need 20 dropdown list on the worksheet. some of drop-down lists has the same values. I need a list thats has one set of names and worksheet has another set of names. Here is a example want I need. LIST names Worksheet names Red - Black 770rb Black-White 770bw My list will have 15 items in each list. When user click on the color it would take them to that worksheet. What is best way to do this? ...

adding another user on same computer
Hi, I have made amew user on my computer so that the woman I live with=20 may use my computer without the danger of corrupting my files=20 accidentially. When we go to the dock on her side - and that is the side from which = I=20 am emailing you - there are two question marks where the icons for 'word = and excel would have been. How can I get this corrected? Just drag the question mark to the desktop and you will find them vanish. Next drag the Word and Excel programs to the dock and you will find it working properly. Anand P "poggi8@comcast.net" <anonymous@dis...

compare two columns with different ranges in two worksheets
I need to compare two columns of data in two different worksheets and display a third one. Here it is an example: -(worksheet1!A1:A10), (worksheet1!B1:B10) and (whorksheet2!C1:C25) -this is my query, if C5 is already in (A1:A10) I want to display B5 in worksheet2!D5 I think it is tricky because you need to identity which row in the A1:A10 is equal to C5 to display B5 and the range are different. you could save my day chris90 In worksheet2!D1: =if(isna(vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)), "", vlookup(C1, worksheet1!$A$1:$B$10, 2, 0)) HTH Kostis Vezerides brilliant, ma...

How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?
I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart. In PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line. Any suggestions? In the chart, select the series you want changed. Then, select Chart | Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype. When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to that one series. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-...

how do I find the equation of a line using a scatter plot?
I am taking a chem lab and right now we are studying rate laws using kenetics. we had to graph the results of our experiment and then find the equation of the line. such as y=mx+b but i cant fiugre out how to do it. or if i am supposed to put a trend line in the graph, but if that is what I am supposed to do how do I find the equation of it? First: to make trendline. Right click on the data in the chart; use Add trendline; specify Linear; on Options tab, check shoe equation Secondly:To get slope and intercept: Let's say you x-values are in A2:A11 and y-values in B2:B11 for slope us...

arranging items in a list control
hi the code below is suppose to move a selected item in a list control upwards, it works for the first column have not the second one(it only deletes the items in the 2nd column), what do you think is wrong Thanks for your help void CTestingDlg::OnUp() { int nIndex; CString strCommand,strCommand2; nIndex = m_cListCtrl.GetNextItem(-1, LVNI_SELECTED); ASSERT(-1 != nIndex); strCommand = m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(nIndex, 0); strCommand2 = m_cListCtrl.GetItemText(nIndex,1); m_cListCtrl.DeleteItem(nIndex); nIndex = m_cListCtrl.InsertItem(nIndex - 1, strCommand); m_cListCtrl...