How to insert a current date

To insert Current date  help page shows:
Select a cell and press CTRL+;
This could be
Select a cell and press CTRL+Semicolon(;)

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a107213f-e55a-4bd3-8e34-0af6f7a25fbd&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
0
Tarakesh (1)

Task Start and End Date Calculations with Part Time Resources
I have a project for a client that has a strict budget. The budget was based on buckets of time assigned to high-level tasks. These buckets (and dollars) are not based on calendar duration but actual billable hours. I have to divide the hours across lower-level tasks, and my goal is to drive out what my project milestone dates and final end-date might be based on the task work estimates and my resource availability. I have resources who are assigned to my project as well as other projects. Their availability to my project varies -- some are 80% (32 hrs/week), some are 60% (24 hrs/w...

trouble querying date in access xp after 97 conversion
when querying in access xp after converting from access 97, the month part of date is confused. When querying for Dec data it results in Feb and Dec data. When querying for Nov data it results in Jan and Nov data. what is your criteria statement to pull the records? Is the field where the date is located a text field or is it a date/time field? "PamP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:069901c3d956$711ebac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > when querying in access xp after converting from access 97, > the month part of date is confused. When querying fo...

Despite formatting a column in Excel 2002 worksheet as Short Date.
Having created a column formatted as a date in a 2002 Excel spreadsheet the column a figure which seems to be the number of days from a date in 1900. It is recognised as a date in both the formula bar at the head of the spreadsheet and when the cursor is moved over the field. I have looked at all the options but cannot see anything that will change this. Can you please help Pete It sounds like you toggled the formula view (nice for debugging worksheet formulas). Tools|options|View tab|uncheck formulas. On my USA keyboard, I can toggle this setting with ctrl-` (control-backquote (the k...

Dates...not showing as dates
Whenever I use a series of date ranges in a chart the display on the axis becomes a series of numbers (IE 1,2,3,4.....) rather than the dates(01/01/2004, 02/01/2004,03/01/2004......). Very frustrating...not sure why. Anyone? Dave - Two possible reasons. 1. Excel isn't using that range of data for the X values. You need to select the entire range when you start the chart wizard, or add what's needed in step 2 of the wizard, or using Source Data from the Chart menu, using the Series tab to select the category range. 2. If it's an XY Scatter chart, the dates look like num...

Insert page break at blank rows
I use a 3rd party software to export sales information into excel. I would like to insert a page break or send data from each individual person to its own worksheet. For example...I would like John Smith's & Steve Jones' sales details to be put into new individual worksheets or able to be printed out with page breaks where the "BLANK ROWs" are. Notice, John Smith sold 3 different kinds of fruit while Steve Jones has only sold 2 different fruits. I have played with SUBTOTALS but have not had much success... A B 1 Sales Rep Sales Totals 2 (BLANK ROW...

Counting with Date Range as Criteria
A B 1 Date Successful 2 10/1/09 Y 3 10/1/09 N 4 10/5/09 Y 5 11/3/09 Y I want to put a formula into a worksheet called "Analysis" to count the number of Y (successful) records for a given date range in a worksheet called "Master". So, I want the Anaylsis worksheet to show me "2" when I ask for the number of Y's in column B for the date range 10/1/09 to 10/30/09 in column A. See my ans to your PREVIOUS post -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Julie&q...

Compare an Array to a Date Range
I'm currently using the below array equation to count records on one sheet that match certain criteria on another sheet: {=COUNT(MATCH(Tickets!G:G, 'Staff'!A2:A15, 0))} I'm not sure how to modify it so that it also only counts records found in a given month, e.g., return a count of matching records that were created in March. There is a date field associated with each record. Ideas? Try something like this... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(date_range)=3),--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Tickets!G1:G100,'Staff'!A2:A15,0)))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mashugan...

Incorrect download balance and date
I use Money 2003. When viewing an account register the downloaded section at the top left is incorrect. The balance is incorrect and the date reads 8/4/2003. These values never change even though I've downloaded many times since August 2003. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b14c01c436fa$e4c24f80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money 2003. When viewing an account register the > downloaded section at the top left is incorrect. The > balance is incorrect and the date reads 8/4/2003. These...

Insert rows with Formulas
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)*B19) G18=C...

Change date format in Integration Manager
I have a date field that is formated 'yyyymmdd'. How can I reformat this fiel so that Integration Manager will accept it. I think it need to be 'mmddyyyyu' Thanks -- Ladd Sustar Ladd, You will need to create a script for the mapping of the date field as follow: sDate = SourceFields("yoursourcequery.fieldname") wDate = CDate( Mid(sDate, 5, 2) & "/" & Mid(sDate, 7, 2) & "/" & Mid(sDate, 1, 4)) CurrentField.Value = wDate Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalb...

How to convert DATE to FILETIME ?
typedef double DATE;//wtypes.h How can I convert the DATE object to FILETIME object with C++? Thanks. >How can I convert the DATE object to FILETIME object with C++? VariantTimeToSystemTime and then SystemTimeToFileTime. Dave ...

Validation Date
Hi Is there anyway to validate a date to ensure that the date enetred in cell B2 is a Monday? Also how would it be coded to ensure that if a Monday was not entered then it returned a error message. Thanks I would use a combination of Formulas and Conditional formatting to do that. Assuming your date is in Cell A1. Select A1 Format | Conditonal Formatting... | Formula is: =WEEKDAY(A1) <> 2 and select a pattern In the adjacent cell B2 add the formula =IF(WEEKDAY(A1) = 2, "", "Invalid Date") -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "housingla...

Date Range 03-19-10
Hi All Is there a way to get the date range I choose in a parameter query so that I can have it come up on a form or report? How do I save the date range and then call it up? Thanks On Mar 19, 3:09=A0pm, LACOPERON <LACOPE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All > Is there a way to get the date range I choose in a parameter query so tha= t I > can have it come up on a form or report? How do I save the date range and > then call it up? > Thanks I don't think you can do that. You can reverse the process and use a date range typed into a form as...

Current Issues Article Archive
A growing archive of fascinating media articles on current issues & affairs. Available at Arcis Foundation Website: www.arcis.co.uk/php/ -- Posted by News Bulk Poster Unregistered version ...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

Headquarters current detailed sales not visible after deleting bat
We deleted batches using Article ID : 860607 for the batches up through sept of 2009 and now are not able to see detailed sales info for 2/3 of the stores for 2010. The journals are all their but on detailed transaction data. Can anyone help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CB58F8.F02EBE40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable CD, Did you try running a Check and then Re-index the HQ database in HQ = Admin? Backup First!! Jeff Check Point Software Search t...

Automatically copying fomulae when Inserting rows
I have a spreadsheet which has some complicated formulae in some cells, so I want to lock and protect those cells to prevent other users from spoiling them. However, one of the things these users need to do is to insert rows to add new data in the correct place. I would like the formulae from the corresponding cells above the new row to be automatically copied. The only way to get the formulae in that I know is to use the "fill handle" but you cannot do that when the cell is locked. Is there another way? Hi Ian, If you and your users are all using Excel 2002 or later, ...

Inserting Outlook Addresses into a Word Doc
When you use your Outlook 2002 Contacts folder to insert a single address into a Word document, the only way a Contact shows up in the Contact list is if you have made an entry in either the Contact forms Fax or E-mail fields. Why? The problem is that if you only have a Fax number and no e-mail listed for the Contact, the Contact's name is inserted into the Word document with the words "(Business Fax)" or "(Home Fax)" attached to the Full Name. How can you eliminate the insertion of these words? What happens if your Contact has neither a Fax number nor an e...

Enter date automatically in cell
Hi i would like my system date to be inputted into an excel cell, how do i go about doing this. Cheers NO Hi Mo CTRL-; will add the date in the activecell -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "MO" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77a201c3e748$c4caea40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi i would like my system date to be inputted into an > excel cell, how do i go about doing this. > > Cheers > > NO Enter =Today() in the cell >-----Original Message----- >Hi i would like my system date to b...

Viewing query modified dates
I am not sure if there is a way to do this, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I know how to view the modified date for an individual query, however, I would like to be able to view the modified date(s) for all queries at the same time. can this be done? Thanks in advance! If you are in the database view, you can select View->Details. I guess I wouldn't rely to much on this somewhat undocumented value. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "frustrated" wrote: > I am not sure if there is a way to do this, but any suggestions would be > greatly ap...

Selection of date range
I have a small table that covers an entire year of sales I need to make a way to select he date range, and sales Agent type and display the pounds purchased for that week. So I'd like a selection box "enter Date range" (weekly) & type of Customer Affiliate Domestic, Affiliate international, Domestic Customers, International Customers. Should be simple, eh? Any advice? Just add a little form with 2 textboxes: txtStart and txtEnd Then use the following query criteria: For the dates: Between Forms!FormName!txtStart And Forms!FormName!txtEnd...

How do I stop automatic insertion of rows in Excel?
Suddenly, on a stock point and figure chart, I am getting rows inserted as I add a string of o's going downward on a chart. It only seems to happen when I get to a level below which there are no o's enterred yet as I work right to left on the chart. ...

signature insert a picture
Have a jpeg on my desktop. Would like to have it apear with my signature in my e-mail. Useing xp & office 2000. When i insert picture is browned out. Is there a way to have a jpeg picture appear in the signature edit box. Thanks See this previous discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general/browse_frm/thread/10367fe53ff38824 Note: HTML Signatures must be less than 4KB. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com Curt wrote: > Have a jpeg on my desktop. Would like to have...

Return range of cell values based on current date
I have a spreadsheet containing daily sales data for the month. I want today's sales data to display on a different worksheet to save the hassle of someone scanning through an entire month of data. Is this possible and what function do I use to achieve this? Thanks, Wing WHY NOT ADD A WORKBOOK? Providing a workbook will not only get you your answer quicker but will better illustrate your problem, usually when we can see your data (-it can be dummy data but must be of the same type-) and your structure it is far easier for us to give you a tailored, workable answer to ...

Getting IE's current the word for the specified coordinates?
If i have the Internet Explorer(or something like msword ...)'s handle then, How can I Returns the single word(not a whole text) for the specified x and y coordinates. Hi Corba, Thanks for your post! I think what's you want is just to grab text on the screen(I don't know whether IE has any interface to return words of its inside page). am I right? The general way to do this is to hook the TextOut API call when you want to grab the text from other programs, you can find many articles about how to hook API on the web, but it is still a complicated and dangerous(to the OS) ...