How to increment page number in a cell of worksheet

I have a problem regarding page numbers in a worksheet. The position of page
number in the cell is such that page number cannot be provided through header
or footer.

Can you guide me about how can I increment page numbers in a cell.

This is a very unreliable workaround.
Declare col. "A" to be an Helper-Column.
In Cell A1 type the following formula and copy down to the end of your data.
Col. A Cells should, now, present the page number.
Pull out one of each, in a "page", to another column in order to present the
page number.
You may fine-tune, the formula, by slightly changing the 55
*** Hide column "A" ***
=IF(MOD(CELL("row",B1),55)=0,CELL("row",B1)/55,INT(CELL("row",B1)/55)+1)
Micky

"Zubair" wrote:

> I have a problem regarding page numbers in a worksheet. The position of page
> number in the cell is such that page number cannot be provided through header
> or footer.
>
> Can you guide me about how can I increment page numbers in a cell.
My worksheet is such that there is a panel in the top, that contains a cell
in the  right in cell "BY3". Page number is incrementing during printing as
the panel is fixed and the worksheet is going on to page 1, 2, 3......

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> This is a very unreliable workaround.
> Declare col. "A" to be an Helper-Column.
> In Cell A1 type the following formula and copy down to the end of your data.
> Col. A Cells should, now, present the page number.
> Pull out one of each, in a "page", to another column in order to present the
> page number.
> You may fine-tune, the formula, by slightly changing the 55
> *** Hide column "A" ***
> =IF(MOD(CELL("row",B1),55)=0,CELL("row",B1)/55,INT(CELL("row",B1)/55)+1)
> Micky
>

> "Zubair" wrote:
>
> > I have a problem regarding page numbers in a worksheet. The position of page
> > number in the cell is such that page number cannot be provided through header
> > or footer.
> >
> > Can you guide me about how can I increment page numbers in a cell.

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Macro to delete an entire row with cells missing a specific chartacter #2
Hey Harald, This is the script I am using to remove "IS" Sub Findanddelete_IS() Dim rng As Range Dim what As String what = "IS" Do Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Find(what) If rng Is Nothing Then Exit Do Else Rows(rng.Row).Delete End If Loop End Sub So...my programming experience is a tiny bit limited, not sure how t delete anything missing the IS as opposed to containing the IS. understand in theory but my knowledge of syntax is the limiter. Harald Staff Wrote: > Hi Asf > > This is far more useful if you figure it out yourself, since you'r > pr...

Spawning worksheets and a summary per worksheet
I'm getting pretty desparate, so any help would be really gratefull received. I have a button which allows the user to create templated worksheet each time they press it. These worksheets have a series of fields tha relate to 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for on or more activities. Each time a new sheet is created, I would also like to be able to: 1) copy a range in a summary worksheet and paste another version o this directly beneath the original range. Repeat this as many times a the user has created activity worksheets. 2) Pre-populate information wit...

Voucher Number on Receipts
Anyone know how to get the voucher number to show up on the receipt? When I sell a voucher I input the serial number and it shows up on the screen. I just can not figure out the receipt variable that will show this number on the receipt. Your help is appreciated, Dan Try here; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861511 -- * "Dan" <nospam> wrote in message news:uCqy3Pc%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... Anyone know how to get the voucher number to show up on the receipt? When I sell a voucher I input the serial number and it shows u...

Copied Worksheet does not maintain it 's properties
Hello , My VB app , access a particular Excel file (ie Template.xls) and runs a Macro . This Macros out is a report which is printed on a Worksheet in the same Template.xls . Then I select the Output worksheet of the template xls and copy the contents into a new Excel file . The reason why I am doing this is because I dont want the new file to contain the Macro . The problem is , the formatting of the Output sheet (Column lengths , Fonts etc) is NOT effected on the new workesheet of the file when copied . So I basically have an unformatted Output in the new file . How may I overcom...

Getting a cell reference to move laterally instead of vertically?
I have data that is sorted in columns, but the data I want to graph is a cross section of this data and therefore it comes from one row across several columns. I'm trying sort my graph/equation data in a column, however. Is there a way to get the equation cell references to move across a row even while the cell is descending a column? You can do it on a range using the TRANSPOSE function (array entered), or you may want to take a look at the OFFSET function, which takes a row and column argument. Use the ROW() function to generate the column argument and you will be able to copy...

Number of Copies
Hi I have a strange problem: - I have a Access 2003 db in 2000 format - I have a report in that database - I am printing the report to different printers or pdf - Suddenly the default for Number of Copies is "4" and not "1" in the Print window If I am importing the report to a new db, the defualt setting of 4 number of copies is still there. There is no code in the report and the problem is there even if I are in design view or not. - Tthe 4 must be in the report, no other reports have the default 4. - It is default 4 in every printer Thx! Staffan ...

Help in displaying in a cell
I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works) in a excel spreadsheet, but the cell only display ############ wrap text option is checked, What's the exact problem? Using excel 2007 Is the cell formatted as Text? Apply a General format to it instead. Also, you can insert manual line breaks as you enter the text using Alt-Enter. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 3, 9:59=A0am, "crapit" <biggerc...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I had type in a number of words (< 400 word count based of microsoft works= ) > in a excel spreadsheet, but the c...

Merging cells with the same values
I am looking to merge all the horizontal cells in a sheet that display the same value answer as the cell directly along side it. The values are generated from a lookup formular that expresses the answers as words. Is it possible to get a group of cells alongside each other to merge and display the same answer automatically. Thanks ...

Calculate total number off cells with data in
Hi All Hope I find you well I have a spreadsheet that has a number of cells that may or may not have data in them depending on curtain criteria. What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? Hi Gazza, > What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? > Check out the COUNTA worksheet function. Regards, Jan Kare...

Active X Controls Shrinking on Excel worksheet
I have a workbook and sometimes the ActiveX controls such as listbox, options, checkboxes on the worksheet shrinks or expands while clicking on the controls. Does somebody has experirenced same kind of problem or somebody knows the fix. The only to fix this problem is to restart the machine again. Thanks in advance. ...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

Worksheet
can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from worksheet 1? Yes, for instance =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A18) will sum A1:A18 in Sheet1, the easiest way is to type =SUM( then just use the mouse to select the other sheet tab, then select the range also with the mouse and finish by pressing enter, then Excel will enclose the formula with a right parenthesis Regards, Peo Sjoblom "brietve" wrote: > can a function be placed in worksheet 2 that adds up numbers/data from > worksheet 1? Sure Simply co to your sheet enter = and then enter the function (I'...

Area Pages Display Problems
When I launch GP and select any series, for example, Financial. The area page on the right provides varios categories. In the Financial Area page, one of the Category is Cards and then underneath cards it has Financial (To the the left of Financial there is a + or - icon) and then Financial has several access items such as account, checkbook, etc. The problem I am running into is when I click on the + icon it expands the category properly and changes the icon to - correctly. Then when I click on the minus icon it shrinks the category, but instead the of changing the icon to + it chan...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...

How do you hide .00's in a worksheet & keep the ones that say 10.7
I want to be able to have all my .00's in worksheet as not showing the decimal places, and want to keep all the ones that have decimal places as .75 etc. In other words, I don't want to "hide" the 2 decimal places that actually have cents on there (for example, keep all the 10.75's, 10.68's, but hide all the zeros in 10.00 so that tht zero cents just show as 10 instead of 10.00....)? I don't want to have to go and select all the individual cells that show with zeros and change them to showing zero decimals... Format the cells as General (Format...

using a popup to make percenatges on selected cells
Hi I'm hoping someone can help with some code. I'm selecting a group of cells containing numbers. I want via a popup to change the selected numbers to the percentage entered in the popup. For example - I select my cells and run the macro. The popup asks for a number and I enter '50'. All the selected numbers then change to 50 percent of their previous value. It would apply equally to a selected whole column of numbers. Grateful for any help. Best Wishes hi Sub changenumber() Dim n As Double n = InputBox("enter a number") n = n / 100 ...

Import Text to specific cell
I'd like to import a set of data to specific, non-sequential, cells in a spreadsheet. Is there a way of doing this without using VBA? e.g. 3 fields worth per row of source data with the first being Column and the second being row and third being the text (or number) to put in a cell. Data: A 3 "3.5 Course1" C 5 " 3 Course 3" etc. This would put "3.5 Course1" in cell A:3, " 3 Course 3" in C:5 etc. It seems as though it ought to be doable. Any help would be appreciated. Jim Mitchell I don't think you can without VBA Assuming your ...

Number of copies printed varies by running total.
My application prints work tickets to track items on an order. For example if my order has 2 line items: 3 pillows and 2 bedskirts, I am able to print 5 tickets showing:1 of 3 pillows, 2 of 3 pillows, 3 of 3 pillows, 1 of 2 bedskirts, 2 of 2 bedskirts. I was able to do this using code from MVP John Vinson, He suggested I set up an auxiliary table called Num and create non equi join" query. It works great. The entire post is reprinted below. Is there a way to get a total for all items on the order and have the code create a “order running total”? In the above example, Each ticke...

"Autosave" changes active worksheet?
Small, but annoying, problem. Using "Autosave" while working on a workbook with sheets 2 & 3 showing. When the Autosave function kicks in it changes one of the displayed sheets (typically "xls.1) to sheet #1 . Is this "just the way it works" or am I missing something? Also, am I correct in assuming that Autosave actually saves the workbook(s) (i.e. overwrites the original) or does it create a backup somewhere? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi RWN I can't answer your question but I find that the...

Urgent
I have SBS 2003 Server installed. On the server/monitoring report I see that a number of emails are going out on a few accounts. Many more than I expect. I assume that a virus has taken hold of some client workstations. How can I troubleshoot this? Dave, From Windows Explorer go to the directory where outbound emails are stored. Open some of them in "Notepad" and see what machine are these messages coming from. It is quite possible that the machine is infected with some virus. I'd also suggest blocking any outbound email until this problem is fixed because if the...

Unlock cells based on colour
Hi I have input cells coloured blue and I want to unlock these cells. I know I need to use Colorindex, but I can't work out how to put it all together. Many thanks Here's a procedure that will change your 'Blue' cells to unprotected. HOWEVER, you need to decide which blue you want to unprotect. I've also attached a UDF [ColorOfCell] that will tell you the # associated with the BLUE you want. Change the 'BlueColor' variable in the procedure to that #. '/============================/ Public Sub MakeBlueCellsUnProtected() Dim BlueColor As ...

adding columns to a worksheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need more columns on my worksheet but it won't let me add any beyond IV. What can I do? On 5/18/10 6:51 PM, lorecas@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I need more columns on my worksheet but it won't let me add any > beyond IV. What can I do? Nothing! That is the limit to the number of columns in Excel 2004. You can upgrade to Office 2008 which allows 1024 columns. -- Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom ...

How do I set up one chart for multiple worksheets?
I have four worksheets with totals, I would like to create one chart for the total of each individual worksheet. Can I do this? You want one chart with data for all sheets, or one chart that you then copy to use on all sheets? To get data from one sheet into a chart on another sheet, one way is to copy the data, select the chart, and use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as a new series. To use a chart on a sheet with an identical data layout, copy the sheet with the chart and the data, then copy the data from another sheet, and paste it over top of the data on the copied s...