How to identify an inserted picture within a formula

I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function that
takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp file
would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like CELL
dont know anything about this.

I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture is
not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting this
up.

Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting pictures
might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I need,
or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
components of a railway signalling diagram.)

Any advice appreciated.  TIA.

Jeff

0
jeffm7415 (7)

My clock looked fine to me, but the problem was the time zone.  Should be
fixed now.

"Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Forget daylight saving, you're nearly a whole day out with your clock.
>
> --
> Regards
>           Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                  It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>
> "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hey, you're right, daylight saving doesn't end until March.
>>
>> "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
>> > Please correct your system clock.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Don Guillett
>> > SalesAid Software
>> > donaldb@281.com
>> > "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
>> > file

> picture
>> > is
> such
>> > this

> fait
>> > need,
> (For

0
jeffm7415 (7)
1/29/2005 2:06:53 PM
Can you point us in the direction of what the symbols look like - perhaps a
rail site somewhere.  Just thinking it will be far easier to do this if we
can point you in the direction of a font symbol as you mentioned.  There are
thousands of them.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function that
> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
file
> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like CELL
> dont know anything about this.
>
> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
is
> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
this
> up.
>
> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting pictures
> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
need,
> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>
> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>
> Jeff

0
ken.wright (2489)
1/29/2005 2:13:32 PM
Thanks.  It sounds as though a custom font would be simpler to use.

"Tom Ogilvy" <twogilvy@msn.com> wrote in message
> The pictures, once inserted, have no tie to the file from which they were
> created.  You can tell what cell they are over.
>
> ActiveSheet.Pictures(1).TopLeftCell
>
> and its name
> Activesheet.Pictures(1).Name
>
> but you would have to assign a meaningful name when it was imported.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom Ogilvy
>
> "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
>> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
>> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
>> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function
>> that
>> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
> file
>> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like
>> CELL
>> dont know anything about this.
>>
>> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
> is
>> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
>> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
>> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
>> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
> this
>> up.
>>
>> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting
>> pictures
>> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
>> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
> need,
>> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
>> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
>> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>>
>> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>>
>> Jeff

0
jeffm7415 (7)
1/29/2005 2:32:17 PM
I have prowled the net with yahoo looking for a suitable symbol font, and
concluded that it would be more practicable to try and create one.  I'm
currently investigating an evaluation copy of High-Logic Font Creator, which
appears promising.  I need to spend some time setting up the font glyphs,
but this does not appear to be much more labour intensive than creating
bitmaps in Paint.  I lose the option of multi-colour symbols (not greatly
concerned by that), but a font seems to be easier to use in my application
(see Tom's post).

Thanks to all respondents.

> Can you point us in the direction of what the symbols look like - perhaps
> rail site somewhere.  Just thinking it will be far easier to do this if we
> can point you in the direction of a font symbol as you mentioned.  There
> are
> thousands of them.
>
> --
> Regards
>           Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                  It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>
> "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
>> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
>> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
>> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function
>> that
>> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
> file
>> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like
>> CELL
>> dont know anything about this.
>>
>> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
> is
>> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
>> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
>> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
>> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
> this
>> up.
>>
>> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting
>> pictures
>> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
>> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
> need,
>> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
>> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
>> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>>
>> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>>
>> Jeff

0
jeffm7415 (7)
1/29/2005 2:46:27 PM
Please correct your system clock.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
donaldb@281.com
"Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function that
> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
file
> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like CELL
> dont know anything about this.
>
> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
is
> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
this
> up.
>
> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting pictures
> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
need,
> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>
> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>
> Jeff

0
Don
1/29/2005 3:31:07 PM
Forget daylight saving, you're nearly a whole day out with your clock.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hey, you're right, daylight saving doesn't end until March.
>
> "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> > Please correct your system clock.
> >
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
> >> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
> >> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
> >> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
> >> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function
> >> that
> >> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
> > file
> >> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like
> >> CELL
> >> dont know anything about this.
> >>
> >> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the
picture
> > is
> >> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
> >> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
> >> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in
such
> >> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
> > this
> >> up.
> >>
> >> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting
> >> pictures
> >> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au
fait
> >> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
> > need,
> >> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.
(For
> >> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
> >> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
> >>
> >> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
> >>
> >> Jeff

0
ken.wright (2489)
1/29/2005 8:03:01 PM
The pictures, once inserted, have no tie to the file from which they were
created.  You can tell what cell they are over.

ActiveSheet.Pictures(1).TopLeftCell

and its name
Activesheet.Pictures(1).Name

but you would have to assign a meaningful name when it was imported.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function that
> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
file
> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like CELL
> dont know anything about this.
>
> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
is
> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
this
> up.
>
> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting pictures
> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
need,
> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>
> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>
> Jeff

0
twogilvy (1078)
1/29/2005 10:38:23 PM
Hey, you're right, daylight saving doesn't end until March.

"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> Please correct your system clock.
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Jeff Melvaine" <jeffm@rivernet.com.au> wrote in message
>> I am using Excel 2002.  For my application I want to insert pictures in
>> various cells, then write formulae in other cells that take different
>> actions based on what is in the pictures.  The pictures are small  .bmp
>> files that I coded to represent various symbols. A worksheet function
>> that
>> takes a cell reference as argument and returns the pathname of the .bmp
> file
>> would be sufficient to solve my problem, but worksheet functions like
>> CELL
>> dont know anything about this.
>>
>> I'm hoping the answer will not be "you can't do this because the picture
> is
>> not bound to the cell in a way that would support this function".  (I
>> suppose if picture cells can be sorted there is some hope.)  If it is
>> possible to write a VB  function to do this, I'm not experienced in such
>> exercises and would appreciate fairly explicit instructions for setting
> this
>> up.
>>
>> Using a custom font to represent the symbols instead of inserting
>> pictures
>> might be a more natural way of solving the problem,  but I am not au fait
>> with doing this.  None of the predefined fonts have the symbols that I
> need,
>> or anything close enough to serve effectively as an approximation.  (For
>> those who are curious to know, the symbols in my application represent
>> components of a railway signalling diagram.)
>>
>> Any advice appreciated.  TIA.
>>
>> Jeff

0
jeffm7415 (7)
1/30/2005 10:13:12 AM
It looks like you still have a problem with either AM/PM or timezone.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Formatting Formulas
I have a series of formulas that creates English Language labels out of a variety of VLOOKUP's and the ever helpful & sign. Basically, I used the VLOOKUPS to get "Big", "Bag", "Delicious", and "Apples" in cells A1-D1, respectively. Then, in E1, I've got =A1&" "&B1&" of "&C1&" "&D1 so that it comes out Big Bag of Delicious Apples In E2 it says Small Bundle of Tart Grapes and E3 says Big Bundle of Tart Apples, etc. What I'd like to have, though, is some sort of formatting set u...

Entered number must fall within range.
Hello All, I am looking for a way, only except a number in a cell within a range. example: number entered must be between 40 and 60, if 38 is entered an error shows, or something shows you that you need to re-enter a number. Thanks for you help. Les Check out Data/Validation (see "About setting restrictions on cells and displaying input and error messages" in XL Help). In article <eee$a8JeEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Les Ankersen" <lrankersen@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am looking for a way, only except a number in a cell within a range. > example...

Insert query with null column and null value
Hi, I have a Date/Time column that is not a mandatory field. But when I do INSERT INTO (...) SELECT ..., the query fails with "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type". If I remove the column altogether from both the INSERT and SELECT, then the insertion query will be successful. How can I fix it? Thanks. I'm not sure if you're doing this in SQL or VBA, so I'll give a generic answer. Tailer to your needs. Options: Choose one some or all... 1. Set a default value in the table. (e.g. 01/19/1919) 2. Check if the value is null...

What is wrong with this IF formula, it worked fine for a while?
Here is the formula that worked fine for a while now it wont work. =IF(G6<101,"6"",IF(AND(G6>101.1,G6<151),"7"",IF(AND(G6>151.1,G6<201),"8"",IF(AND(G6>200.1,G6<275.1),"9"",IF(AND(G6>275.2,G6<350.1),"10"",IF(AND(G6>350.2,G6<600.1),"12"",))))) It keeps going back to the "7"" here-------------^ and highlighting it. It worked fine for a while then I added something and now I cannot figure our what is wrong please help thanks. You just have an extra quotation...

Formula and macro
I'm creating a macro that will import a text file, then insert a column and then insert a formula in that new column. I only want the formul inserted in only the rows that have data in column a,b,c. Problem i that the import file will vary in sizes. One time it migh have 10, th another time it might have 100. I can't just do regular copy, becaus I'm also inserting subtotals (with summary at bottom) and the summarr appears below the last copied cell. SO if I was to copy the formul down to row 100, but there is only 10 rows of data in my import file the summary would appear 90 ro...

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

wildcard search in if formula
I'm trying to find a formula that will look in cell A1 and if it has th word "yes" to return the word sign in cell B1. This is what I have bu it doesn't work. if(A1="*sign*","yes","no") Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi In B1 try: =IF(A1="*yes*","sign","") -- Andy. "punchedin >" <<punchedin.165et6@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:punchedin.165et6@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to find a formula that will look in cell A1 and if it has t...

Error in AVERAGE(IF...) formula; involves Zero Value and Blank Cells
Hi there, I am getting an error in this formula: =AVERAGE(IF(($Y13:AH13<>0)*($Y$10:AH$10<>0),$Y13:AH13/$Y$10:AH $10))*100 Excel states that a value used in the formula is of the wrong data type, and the calculation steps underlines the first ($Y13:AH13 and results in #Value!<>0. The long-hand way of typing it is (up to column AG): =(((Y13/Y$10)+(Z13/Z$10)+(AA13/AA$10)+(AB13/AB$10)+(AC13/AC$10)+(AD13/ AD$10)+(AE13/AE$10)+(AF13/AF$10)+(AG13/AG$10))*100)/ COUNT(Y13,Z13,AA13,AB13,AC13,AD13,AE13,AF13,AG13) The data values, which are student scores on assignments, are currently ...

someone please shorten this formula...
It's hard to describe what I am doing, but here's my formula... =IF(COUNTIF(DARIN!D3,"=A"),SUM(DARIN!C3),0)+IF(COUNTIF(JASMINE!D3,"=A"),SUM(JASMINE!C3),0) +IF(COUNTIF(DARIN!D4,"=A"),SUM(DARIN!C4),0)+IF(COUNTIF(JASMINE!D4,"=A"),SUM(JASMINE!C4),0) +IF(COUNTIF(DARIN!D5,"=A"),SUM(DARIN!C5),0)+IF(COUNTIF(JASMINE!D5,"=A"),SUM(JASMINE!C5),0) +IF(COUNTIF(DARIN!D6,"=A"),SUM(DARIN!C6),0)+IF(COUNTIF(JASMINE!D6,"=A"),SUM(JASMINE!C6),0) See how it's an array... there must be a way to shorten it, but I thi...

In word 2007, how do I insert from a camera or scaner
please someone help me: need to know how to insert in word 2007 from a camera or scaner. I want to do it straight to word like in word 2003. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:24:01 -0800, Diego Hector <Diego Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >please someone help me: need to know how to insert in word 2007 from a camera >or scaner. I want to do it straight to word like in word 2003. See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to...

Inserting a new column affects conditional formatting
Hey, I have got conditional formatting setup on a sheet that highlights a row based on the value in two columns (K and L). The formula for this is; =AND(INDIRECT("L"&ROW())="No", INDIRECT("K"&ROW())="Sent") I have got 6 varieties of this, and it all works well and highlights each row correctly. However, I need to insert a new column before K - and when I do I lose the conditional formatting. I have tried manually altering the formula as; =AND(INDIRECT("M"&ROW())="No", INDIRECT("L"&ROW())="Sent&quo...

best formula for finding a cell value?
Hello, I have created a matrix which has three columns: "north", "south" and "west". The rows below the columns are sequenced by their respective row number and below each column has different values. My questions is: If I create three cells- "Direction","Row" and "Value", how can I populate the intersecting value in "Value" by when I input in "Direction" and "Row"?? Example: Direction = north; Row = 2; Value = [would this be a DGET or IF function?] Thanks in advance for your responses!! -- ...

formulas using more than one worksheet
I am trying to work out a formula that calculates a figure from a certain starting point in one worksheet and return the value in another worksheet my formula so far is =sum(B12-F11)+STAPLES!H40 I need the formula to continue forever after H40 but am struggling to work it out. Any help would be much appreciated. Best regards Viv continue forever ??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Eclaires" <Eclaires@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C911408-17A4-46DF-B693-B60671CB158F@microsoft.com... ...

What would the formula be for counting highlighted cells in Excel.
Does anyone know how you can count the number of cells that are highlighted Try something like the following: Dim CellCount As Long CellCount = Selection.Cells.Count -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "chipsters" <chipsters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE944230-4A70-4E3F-A2DE-127202199D00@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how you can count the number of cells that are > highlighted If by hightlighted means selected Sub countselectedcells() ms = 0 For Each c In Selection m...

Upside Down & Mirror Images of Pictures
Our company has an Excel Spreadsheet expense report master with our company logo inserted in a set of merged cells. When viewed/used in Excel 2002, the logo is upside down and a mirror image of what is shown in Excel 2000. I checked and some other 2000 spreadsheets with this logo appear OK when viewed in 2002. I guess the Master report on our LAN could be edited with 2002 to fix this problem. But my concern is if this does happens on other documents created in Excel 2000 or before, it could be rather embarrassing if those documents are sent to a client. Anyone seen this before? Any...

Links within emails #2
When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly to that site. I have to copy and paste in the web browser in order to get there. Please help. Thanks. Belinda <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly > to that site. What does happen? -- Brian Tillman Belinda, What you can do is hold down on the CTRL key then click on the link with your cursor and that will bring you to the site. "Belinda" wrote: > When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly...

How do I import data onto formulas in an excel template?
Import the data to another worksheet and copy from there to the cells you want to use???? fodashay wrote: -- Dave Peterson "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Import the data to another worksheet and copy from there to the cells you want > to use???? > > fodashay wrote: > >Thanks for the reply. No, I have to overlay a number (the result of the formula) onto existing formula. > > Dave Peterson > You may want to post more details--I don't have any more suggestions. fodashay wrote: > > "Dave Peterson" wrote: > > > Import t...

Formula? #2
Could someone to help me to write a formula which could do such thing: "mother" to change to "rehtom" Im not a beginer at using excel but can not think about righ formula. Than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In a standard module paste: Function ReverseString(rng As Range) As String Dim i As Integer For i = Len(rng.Value) To 1 Step -1 ReverseString = ReverseString & Mid(rng.Value, i, 1) Next End Function in A1 -->> Mother Formula in B1 =ReverseString(A1) --- Displays --->> rehtoM HTH "Giedriu...

Conditional formulas 12-02-09
Need a formula based on a Status. If Status is "A", it needs to calculate (T2*5)+35 If Status is "L", it needs to return 0 (zero) If Status is "H", it needs to return 35 If Status is "P", it needs to return "NA" Thank you in advance. Try this: =3DIF(cell=3D"L",0,IF(cell=3D"H",35,IF(cell=3D"A",T2*5+32,"NA"))) where cell is your Status. This will trap any other entries and return "NA", in addition to Status =3D "P". Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 2, 3...

Breaking up data within a cell
Hello everyone, In Excel 2003 WinXp I have several thousand lines of data which have imported as - (as an example) Cell A1 B2342, 12,32223, JFGK, 1 Please can you advise me how to make the above line become 5 separate cells (a1:15) rather than one?? Thanks in anticipation. John North Yorkshire UK Should read a1:a5 not as shown! Sorry "John P" <jp@jpwebs.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23I7ui2oPEHA.3172@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > In Excel 2003 WinXp > > I have several thousand lines of data which have imported as - (as an > example) ...

Wrong insertion of national holy days in outlook 2000
Can anyone tell me why insertion of national holy days (Easter, christmas, nationalday etc..) inserts itself in 2003(!) when we now try to update our calenders? It is now "double" for 2003 and nothing to see for 2004.. We use norwegian outlook 2000 (and exchange 2000) Lars Hansson Inst. of transport economics, Oslo ...

An issue regarding the formula #2
Hi, It's OK to copy the formula from one cell to another one within the same sheet. How about that to copy the formula from one Excel file to another one? It seems only the value of that cell will be copied to that file but not the formula inside it. I even have tried to copy the corr. formula within that again but just the copied formula will not work successfully in there. -- HuaMin ...

trying to insert image into a table, picture tab is grayed out
Hi, In publisher 2007, I am trying to insert a picture into a table. So I figured I'll format the cell, but when I go to format table, the picture tab is grayed out. When I try the fill effects it doesn't give me an option for picture at all, just the colors. Does anyone know why I keep getting this? oh and to mention, I am building a webpage not a print piece. How do you insert images into a table while making a webpage Web questions are best asked at publisher.webdesign Draw a rectangle, fill, fill effects, picture tab. This works in web design. Give the rectangle no line. -- ...

Ctl-insert & ctl-delete now working in Outlook 2003
Hi, Ever since we upgraded to Outlook 2003 at work (from 2002) I have not been able to use the keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste that utilize the insert and delete keys. Namely, I can't copy with a ctl-insert and I can't cut with a ctl-delete. The other methods, including ctl-c, ctl- x and ctl-v do work. But I liked using the other keys better. Were these options "retired" for Outlook 2003? Thanks, Rob Excuse me! The Subject should read " Ctl-insert & ctl-delete NOT working in Outlook 2003". I will re-post. On Jun 6, 1:09 pm, AZ Rob <rmaye...@cox.n...

Picture as Centre Spread
Hi All, I am fairly new to Publisher but I cannot find anything in help about this. I am creating a company newsletter. It has 12 pages. I have a photo that I want to appear across the centre pages. ie. pages 6 & 7. I have inserted the picture and on screen it appears fine. When I print myself a proof copy on my HP LaserJet 2100, there is a margin to the right of page 6 and one to the left of page 7. I cannot find a way to have no margins on these 2 pages only and I assume that it is my printer that does not allow me to print without these margins. I am not too worried about this as I wi...