how to have my titles move down as i scroll down the page

hi what i want to do is have the  top line of the exel sheet move down the
page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently woorking
on. can anyone tell me how to do this?

yours

david

Click on the last row of heading (or row 1 if there is just one row)
Use Windows Freeze
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"DAVIDPEOVER" <DAVIDPEOVER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi what i want to do is have the  top line of the exel sheet move down the
> page and stay in veiw so i can easily see which field i am currently
> woorking
> on. can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> yours
>
> david

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

Moving Mailboxes.
When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger Settle RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroupREMOVETHIS.com> wrote: >When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move >mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a >large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Roger S...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

How do you lock rows for scrolling ?
Hello all, I'm new to Excel and using Excel 2002. I can do basic functions and basic sorting, but that's about it at this point. I've seen some Excel spreadsheet that lock a few rows. Then when you scroll up only the rows below the locked rows actually scroll. For example if you have names in row 4 and all the details for each of those names in rows 5-200, how can you lock row 4 to always stay visible on your screen, even when scrolling down to view the rows in the 100's? I hope explained this well enough to get some help...lol. THANKS in advance !!! "FISH&q...

Page setup / page / size??????
Hi, When you are in design view and you click on 'Page setup / page / size' are the options listed based on the printer you have installed or are they options that Access knows? If I select any of the options listed will they work on any printer? Thanks, Phil They are printer-specific. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C07A38-11FE-4620-97C...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

private contacts moved to GAL DL's
I have a user who has many DL's in her private contacts, she wants to make them public in the GAL, what is the best method for this? We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. TIA, Nurv ...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Excel
Can you have a combination of both portrait and landscape pages in worksheet ? I suppose that the page setup setting applies uniformly fo all pages in the worksheet ? How you could get around this ? Than you. CJ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you're right: You can have only ONE orientation per worksheet at the same time. One workaround for printing: - tsart recording a macro - set the page orientation for the first part of your sheet - print the desired pages - change the page orientation - print the remaining pages Now use this recorded macro for printing >...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Moving from cell to cell
Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help! Maybe hit Scroll Lock key... If Scroll Lock is on, the arrows still work, but in a different way. HTH Regards, Howard "crys0814" <crys0814@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B985BCA-BFB8-4718-8ED8-833BE78D8895@microsoft.com... > Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help! Hi there cry0814, It is possible that you have accidentally pressed your scroll lock key which disables your arrow keys. Try pressing it again and let us know your results Regard...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Month view: scroll to see more?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange Hello-- At MIT we have recently migrated to Exchange, which seems to be a setback in myriad ways. Does anyone know how to scroll in calendar Month View to see all items on a single day? I need to stay in Month View but have the ability to see all items on each day. I don't want to move to day view. Thanks! ...

Y-axis title truncated excel 2002
I can't get excel 2002 to show the complete y-axis title along the y-axis. It truncates in the plot whatever I type in the Chart Options, Value (Y) axis box. No problem with the Chart Title or X-axis. Is it worth changing from excel 2002 to excel XP (which I have). I'm running win2000. Puzzled. REX Others have reported this problem. One solution is to add some extra characters to the y-axis title and to format these to a colour that makes them invisible on the chart. I have never seen this myself - I use XL2002 and XL2003 best wishes Bernard "T-Rex" <T-Rex@foo.co...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

How do I move Outlook Express Mail folders to new computer.
I am upgrading to a new computer. Both computers use Outlook Express 6.0. How can I move some of my mail folders to my new computer? Hi, Mike - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress...

Fixing coloumn title in datasheet forms
I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but when I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller size. Thanks Tony Are you referring to the column width? If so check out columnwidth properties in help. Damon "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23RCxCN$4HHA.5844@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the >column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when...

Go to Page 1
Hi! I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. In this main form I have one combo to choose record. I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. Is it possible, please? Thanks in advance. an Hopefully this will help you. http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread615446.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "an" wrote: > Hi! > > I have a main form with TabCtl with 10 pages. > In this main form I have one combo to choose record. > I woul like when click in combo oblige go to Page 1 of this record. > Is it possible, please? > Thanks ...

Programming a TOC to have page counts (not page location)
Here is what I am trying to accomplish using Word 2007 and XP: I want to create a TOC with the Title and Individual Section Page Counts using separate Individual Files to look like this: Section No. Title No. of Pages 200500 General Provisions 5 200505 Project Closeout and Start-up 10 Information: • The section number and title are the file names (i.e. 2000500 General Provisions.doc) and are also included in the beginning of each document as well as a title (with a set style). • All files are located in the same folder. Here is the current macro I am working with that was...

Set Application Page permissions in WSS 3.0
Example: Using the HelpDesk template, how can I apply permissions to Service Rep and Mgr Home pages? TIA! -JS ...

Moving Email Account to another user
I have Office XP, with windows 2000 network. Outlook is erroring out when a user tries to open their profile. If I create my profile on that machine, Outlook works fine. If I go to View Other User' Folde and open that user's inbox, I can see the inbox just fine. It seems that if I try to create a new Outlook profile for that user, Outlook errors out when trying to open it. But for everyone else, it works. What can I do? Is it possible to delete just the email account and recreate the email account, without deleting the user account? ...

Problem sending e-mail after mailbox move
Hello, I'm seeing some weird behavior after moving a mailbox. I have installed a second Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The ultimate goal is to move all the mailboxes to it and de-commission the old one. I have moved my mailbox as a test, and after doing so I can no longer send messages properly to other accounts in our organization. What happens is, any message I send internally arrives at the desination with a winmail.dat attachment, and the body of the message is gone. I am able to send to external addresses just fine. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks! p...

File Mark on between pages 1 & 4 on 1 sheet, 4 page booklet
Hello All, I am using Publisher 2003 and I have a problem. We are taking multipage page Publisher documents and printing as a booklet. It works really well. However, these docs require a filing mark (some geometric shape that allows the filers to identify batches when they are folded) between pages 1 and 4 or, looking at it another way, in the middle of the sheet 1. The problem is that pages 1 and 4 are not adjacent in a two-page view, so it doesn't work to simply place the filing mark in between the two pages. It worked on pages 2 and 3, because they are adjacent. Anybody has exp...

Fastest way to move lots of data between databases on same server.
I need to move 100 Million rows of data from a table in one SQL 08 DB to another database on the same server. What is the fastest way to do this? - Insert Into in one big query - Multiple Insert Into statements looping through xxxx number of rows at a time to "batch" it up -bcp -BULK INSERT -SSIS According to most documentation bcp/Bulk Insert is the fastest way to load lots of data into SQL Server, but is that true even if the data source is another sql server db on the same server? Seems like that would be slower since you have to go to an intermediate text fil...