How to have multiple columns in excel that will expand and colaps.

I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like for
the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view
that level of data. Is there a method of doing this.

It's hard to understand what you are wanting from what you say.  Provide
some detail about what the data looks like at the start, then what it looks
like after expanding and then what it looks like after collapsing.  Don't
attach a file to your post.  Just describe what you have and want.   HTH
Otto
"columnhelp" <columnhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a large about of tiered data, multiple columns, that I would like
>for
> the users to be able to expand and colapse on by each column level to view
> that level of data. Is there a method of doing this.

0
ottokm (26)

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

excel Xp (ofc XP)
.. I need to install an legacy application that will not install properly when ofc2k3 is the current application. Furthermore, the app wants small business tools for office 2k installed I can't uninstall ofc 2k3 because there are too many settings and applications depending on that possibly a naive questions: is it possible to make the ofc 2k3 look like ofcXp in terms of word and excel? is it possible to install small business tool from ofc 2k pro without destroying ofc2k3? Note that if office Xp or office 2k is the current office application, the legacy application will ins...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

Excel toolbar button
Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?. Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?, and link it to a macro that already exists in a file? ...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Faulting application error in excel
I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel. It repeats with the same error each time in the event viewer: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug? 0, fault address 0x000b035a. I have tried a repair install. A remove and reinstall. Along with steps to remove the excel profile. The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times or more each day. Any ideas? Thank you, Jason This is a guess and may not work, but ... I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crash...

Sorting numbers with multiple decimal points?
Hi - I'm sure this is covered in some docs somewhere, but it's hard to know what to search for. I have a spreadsheet (using Excel 2003 SP1) in which I have a number of rows that have an "ID" field taking the format "X.X.X.X" where X is a number from 0 to 100. Like this: 1.1.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.4 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.0.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.2 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.3 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.5 blah blah rest of ...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Is there a quick way of assigning multiple series to a bubble char
Each series requires a three-column block of cells, one each for X, Y, and bubble size. Select the block for the first series and create the chart. Select the block for the second series, copy it, select the chart, use Edit menu - Paste Special to add the data as a New Series, with categories in the first column. Repeat as needed. If the series share the X values, you can use this sequence of columns: X Y1 B1 Y2 B2 Y3 B3 where X is the column of shared X values, Yi is the column of Y values for the ith series, and Bi is the column of bubble sizes for the ith series. - Jon -----...

Excel 2002 Template Wizard
Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in will work in Excel 2003? I don't use xl2003, but I've seen posts that say that it does. John Fox wrote: > > Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in > will work in Excel 2003? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode
Outlook 2003 - Pop3 Mode - Manage Multiple Domains in single box/PST. I have moved from an Exchange Server to a standalone Outlook 2003 system. On the exchange server I was able to manage multiple domains and the emails associated with them. I would like to do the same with just the Outlook client in Pop3 mode. I have multiple domain emails forwarding to a single Pop3 mailbox as my ISP. In order to setup the correct "Reply To" field in Outlook I can set up multiple accounts to send out on (by selecting from the drop-down Accounts list). However... The problem is with asso...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Setting multiple meeting times for different attendees on the same day
I am a recruiter and use Outlook to schedule interviews with out of town candidates. It's critical that all my interviewers be available on the same date but at different times during the day. I would like to be able to pull up all of my interviewers' schedules at the same time and schedule them in different time slots but only having to send one meeting request. Example: I have 5 managers that will be interviewing the same person on the same day at different times. I have to list them all as "required attendees", check their schedules, then back out and send o...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Pivotchart Multiple series question
Is it possible to have 2 separate clustered series in 1 pivotchart table and if so how. Regards Jason ...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

rounding in multiples of 5
Hi, How do I ensure the cell content is always a multiple of 5 without running a macro? I currently have the following formula in the cell, which only works to modify if the contents are below 5: =IF(C6>0,IF(C16+C17<5,5,MROUND(C16+C17,5)),0) Can someone help? Thanks! USe data validation on cells where you want the user to enter the values that are multioples of 5 by selecting Custom and entering the following: - =MOD(A1,5)=0 If the result is not zero it will give an error message "Jason" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ORhv%23lSiEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx...

Excel Add-In loading
Under Windows XP and Office 2003, I have installed an Add-In (xla) and copied it to the XLStart folder. I can load the Add-In fine, but when I close Excel, the menu item disappears. Is there any way to load the Add-In so that I don't have to manually load it each time I close and restart Excel? I did not have this problem on Windows 2000. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "xlpuzzled" <xlpuzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E300657-3184-4C41-A201-6D110E26D6C3@microsoft.com... > Under Windows XP and Of...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

how do I arrange multiple worksheets from the same workbook
I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them horizontally. I know you can do it with multiple workbooks, but i can't open worksheets from the same workbook. Any ideas? try <Window><New Window> Yow will see two views in the same workbook which you can manipulate separately. If you delete one view the data is not disturbed. If you save while showing the two windows, It will open with two windows when you reopen the file. "skytags" wrote: > I want to open multiple worksheets from the same workbook and tile them > horizontall...