how to group several items in different groups to be placed in a c

I have a budget plan which have different headings (Housing, Transportation,
Food, Entertainment, and so forth). I would like to keep the items that is
listed under those heading and give the heading a total $ amount for each
headings and place that heading in a chart.
eg: to have the heading/catergory represent these area of the budget plan.
is that possible?
0
Colin2u (32)

If you simply wish to chart a few items with descriptions, assuming tha
you have for example "Housing" in G4 and the subtotal for housing in H4
"Transportation" in G8 and the subtotal for transportation in H8, yo
can select G4, then hold down the CTRL key and select H4, G8, H8, G12
H12, G16, H16, G20 and H20 so they are all highlighted together, the
select Insert, Chart and select your type of chart and other settings.
You can later amend the Data items to be included by typing additiona
cell references into the Values entry in Source Data

If you have too many entries to permit this method and want to use th
Subtotals function and select & copy totals from that you may nee
further assistance.

--
Bryan Hesse
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2105

new item button in HQ taskpad doesn't work?
In HQ manager, if I try to use the new item button on the taskpad, I get the message 'You do not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation'. But if I go to the edit item button, or if I select 'Items' from the Database menu, to bring up the find items window, then click on the New button in this window, I can get the new item screen. I am logged in as the administrator, with full priviliges under the login, and the security level we have assigned to this login does not have any limitations set on it at all. Why doesn't this button work? Thanks, Kevin ...

Hilo: rich user experience of Windows 7 in native C++
There is a series of articles on MSDN describing how to build native C++ apps for Windows 7 (using Windows 7's specific features like touch, animations, Direct2D for rich graphics, etc.) The first article ("Introducing Hilo") can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff708698(v=MSDN.10).aspx A VS2010 solution with C++ source code is available as well. Giovanni Sweet! Love for native on Windows !! On Jun 2, 2:43=A0pm, "Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdica...@REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote: > There is a series of articl...

Use different formula to calculation based on conditions
Hi. It's the look of my Excel file: Item 1----Amount Category---Details: ... Item 2----Amount Category---Details: ... Item 3----Amount Category---Details: ... Item 4----Amount Category---Details: ... As you see: - A1 is the item's name; A2 is the price/amount/cost/value of the item - B1 is the category the item belongs to; B2 is the description of the item. Now I would like to do some math which are the following: 1) If the category type is income, add all of them 2) If the category type is one-off expense, add all of them & put a minus sign in front of the value 3) If the cat...

same mailbox in different address book views
Hi I got a organization with 50 diff location on a exchange 5.5. each location has its own container in address book view (custom attribue). If I have users that works in more than one location how do I make thoose people appear in address book view for alll the locations they work in? [Edit] It should be like if you could add more than 1 custom attribute for every custom attribute field. [/Edit] ...

Import sales orders with configured items through econnect
Has anyone tried to get sales orders with configured items into Great Plains through econnect. I cannot find a schema for configured item details in econnect. Please post if anyone knows how to handle this issue and has done it so far. Thank you in advance. jacktundra@hotmail.com ...

resource allocation for different query
Dear Experts, Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query? Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over one hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related application timeout/waiting.... Can SQL Server 2008 tune on this ? Thanks. thomas (thomas@mail.com) writes: > Could SQL server allocate resource evenly for each incoming query? > Because sometimes when one user perform a long running query (eg. over > one hour) , it seems other query were suspended and make its related > application timeou...

Can't create Item #2
I am using Outlook 2000 and when I select an email address, say in a word document instead of opening up a new mail message I get a "Can't create Item" message in Outlook. I have uninstalled Office and reinstalled but this doesn't seem to have cured the the probelm. Any help would be gratefully received. Steve ...

my computor crashed and I lost my product code to reinstall how c.
Is there any way I can recover my product code to reinstall my office programs. I don't want to purchase it again and I can't find where I wrote it down when I first purchased it online Hi contact Microsoft support for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jamie" <jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9ACC3D6B-C3A0-47C9-9539-8CA03AF2B8EF@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can recover my product code to reinstall my office > programs. I don't want to purchase it again and I can't find where I wrote it > down when ...

Mapping an xml schema to a different dataset schema
Hello everyone, I have just started to use Xml in .net so excuse me if this is a simple question. I have an Xml docuement that contains data in the following format: - <SearchResult xmlns="http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd"> <QueryInformation> <ActualQueryString /> <TotalResults /> <ResultsPerPage /> <SearchTime /> <StoppedWords /> <TheasurusWords /> <StemmedWords /> <SortMethod /> <Messages /> </QueryInformation> <Results id=...

Fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS 2008.
Hello. I have VS 2008. Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ? Thanks :) Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > I have VS 2008. > Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ? > > Thanks :) There are internet/Web sites 3rd party tools (free) that will do it, a cut and paste operation. Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > I have VS 2008. > Is there any fast way for converting code from VB.NET to C# in VS-2008 ? Google can find you tools to do the conversion. I have found that given how similar the structure ...

CListCtrl item color
Hi all, In a ClistCtrl in report mode, I need to draw each text line with a different color. Any idea to do this ? For more information : my control is a ... report windows, where test results are displayed in real time, but for each kind of result, the text must have a specified color ( red for errors, green for ok results, and so on ) Thanks for any help, JD You should handle NM_CUSTOMDRAW to draw each item in different color. Look at codeguru/codeproject for sample code. MSDN also has a sample using customdraw in a listcontrol. --- Ajay inconnu@inconnu.com wrote: > Hi all, > >...

how to place clipart behind text in publisher?
I am trying to place clipart behind text in Microsoft publisher. I have tried a number of things and still can not get the text to go through the graphic. The clip art either hides the text or doesn't show at all. Thak you for your help. If it doesn't show at all when you place behind text, then your text box background is set to white. Change it to none. "Ginger" <Ginger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAC963AE-A532-43B6-910A-E6F5A3E900B3@microsoft.com... > I am trying to place clipart behind text in Microsoft publisher. I have > tri...

Display different command buttons if...
Hello! I have many data to append in different dates, but only one time for year, and many data to append hour to hour. I think to make two distinct tables to append different frequency data. T_HourData and T_YearData. I think to make a Form where I would like to display one command button (to run HourAppendquery) only through different field condition. Ex: If HourData=YES, display command button in Form (to run HourAppendquery). If HourData=NO, don't display this command button and display another command button (to run YearAppendquery). I don't know if is it possible in Acces...

OWA and Group Policy
I have E3K with OWA running. I have a OU with a lockdown policy running for Users and Computers. I logon to a pc and user thats in the lockdown OU and can open OWA, but get a "access denied" when I try to open a email. I'm looking for a doc that will tell me what GP's need to be open for OWA to work. thansk., On 8 Mar 2006 09:16:35 -0800, "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote: >I have E3K with OWA running. I have a OU with a lockdown policy running >for Users and Computers. I logon to a pc and user thats in the lockdown >OU and can open OWA, but g...

how can i have totals from one sheet automatically placed on anot
I cannot figure out how to have totals from one sheet to be recorded in a cell on a different sheet in the same workbook =SUM(Sheet1!A1:A30) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "gvj" <gvj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:694B7367-AAF3-4B48-8202-2BC1D12E779C@microsoft.com... >I cannot figure out how to have totals from one sheet to be recorded in a > cell on a different sheet in the same workbook ...

grouping mass date data
I am trying to group some data, at the moment its pullin the info as individual dates but i need them to be in some sort of group ie. months/weeks. Ive tryed to group via the field but its says i can group it that way. Any ideas ? ie. You can group dates using a pivot table -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jaylo" <jaylo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BD857D4-23D1-4C6B-861B-AF8279BC05DC@microsoft.com... > I am trying to group some data, at the moment its pullin the info as > individual dates but i need them to be in some sort of group ie. > months...

Group Agenda: no information available
Hi, With Exchange Server 2003 SP2 + DST patch, and Outlook 2002 (both French versions), all users who have defined a group agenda have problems seeing the other members' agendas before April 1st. I am translating from French but all I see for the other persons' calendar is \\\\\\ "No information". But after April 1st I see everything! Any help would be much appreciated. Marc Delisle ...

Coupon Invoice Line Item
Hello Everyone; I'm using Money Deluxe and Small Business. When doing up an invoice, is there a way to enter a discount or a coupon as a line item? (I know I can apply a discount to a line item) I would have thought I could enter an inventory item (or something similar) with a negative number or percentage. This seems to be basic functionality common sense to have it. TIA Brian W ping! "Brian W" <brianw@gold_death_2_spam_rush.com> wrote in message news:e5VPVtJpDHA.2500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello Everyone; > > I'm using Money Deluxe and Small Busin...

Opening different versions of Publisher w/Pub 2000
I have Pub 2000 version 6. I have a CD with Publisher 2000 documents on it. I cannot open the files as I get the message Publisher cannot open files from a different version. The online help was no help! Open the file and save it in a different version--that would be easy if you could open the file in the first place!! Any suggestions? Would upgrading to 2003 help or would I have the same problem? Hi Effy (Effy@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Pub 2000 version 6. I have a CD with Publisher 2000 || documents on it. I cannot open the files as I ge...

counting similar items in a column
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column of alphanumeric codes. I would like to automatically count how many times the codes appear in the column. Currently I'm copying the data into another sheet, sorting it, printing it out and counting them by hand to build a monthly report. I know there has to be an easier way. Your help is appreciated. bj Check out COUNTIF() in XL Help. In article <1D94B037-ABE3-4717-9BBA-A9C4D4156348@microsoft.com>, "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with a column of alphanumeric codes. I would like ...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox
When I download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox. I can then move my new mail into my inbox. I have checked for macros and rules and have found none that would point this. Any suggestions?? ...

retain messages that user deletes from "sent" and "deleted items"
We back up to tape daily. Between backups, new messages that are deleted from the "sent" and "deleted items" folders on the server are not backed up. Does Exchange Server 2003 have a setting that will retain these deleted messages? that's not exactly correct... if you are performing online backups, all these items will be backed up by backing up transaction log files, and if you also configure DIR, and set your stores to not purge deleted items until they are backed up, you will have them backed up even if someone deletes AND purges the items... -- Susan Conkey [MVP...

Deleted items folder #2
i have a mystery problem. Whenever i delete a message in outlook it gets perminently deleted instead of going into the deleted items folder. i've checked all the settings and options. i've been looking online and in help. i can't figure out what's going on or how to make what i delete go to the deleted items folder instead of being perminently deleted. Any ideas?? How do you know that it was permanently deleted? Have you tried going to Tools | Options | Other | Warn Before Permanently Deleting Items? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Need to insert items / rows above the last item in sale po workord
It would be very helpful if one could insert items wherever desired in a sale, a workorder, or a purchase order. This could be some rows in a workorder Item1 - Basic Bike Tuneup Item2 - Upgrade to deluxe brake job Item3 - Upgrade to deluxe shifter job Item4- Upgrade to detailed clean & polish painted surfaces Often, I need to put Item 99 (brake pads) in the workorder, and I would like to position it between Item2 and Item 3. It's a workflow issue. After the initial creation of the workorder, a user will realize that new brake pads are needed. I would like to have the brake pad ...