How to get info filled in automatically

I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person.  An example
of what I am looking to do:  In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all
employee's names.  Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their
radio ID #.  I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name in
the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that
employees' respective ID numbers?

Hi

Let's say you have a list of employees with their relevant numbers on Sheet2
in cells A2:Cxxx

With your dropdown list in cell A2 of Sheet1, enter the following in B2
=if(A2="","",VLOOKUP(Sheet2!$A:$C,$A2,COLUMN(B2),0))
copy the formula across to cell C2 and then copy B2:C2 down the page as far
as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"slgs_13" <slgs_13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person.  An
> example
> of what I am looking to do:  In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all
> employee's names.  Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their
> radio ID #.  I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name
> in
> the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that
> employees' respective ID numbers?

> signature database 4799 (20100123) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4799 (20100123) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software
dguillett@gmail.com
"slgs_13" <slgs_13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I make a roster for my work with multiple items for each person.  An
>example
> of what I am looking to do:  In cell A1, I have a drop down menu with all
> employee's names.  Cell B1 is for their ID number and cell C1 is for their
> radio ID #.  I wanted to see if their was a way for when I select a name
> in
> the drop down menu of A1 for B1 and C1 to automatically fill with that
> employees' respective ID numbers?

0
Don

Opinions , info ... #4
Hello, I would like to ask the following question. Now, we have several company's with there own e-mail suffix for example test@company1.be , test@company2.pl , test@company3.fr , and there own local provider and IT infrastruture. What we would like is that all these company's get an e-mail address like @company.com. What is the easiest way to do this ? Can we use a pop3 server ? The company with .pl use there own exchange now but aren't connected to the main facility. Thx for the info ...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

getting the error when updating file xls file.
Hi. We are using exchange 2003 server and office XP but know we start to Upgrade our office to office 2003 Know we are face problem. When our user try to make changes to file in public folder there can not make the changes it say “file is read only” but that user can make the changes or edit that same file from the P.C were office XP is installed. Do I have to install some patch if yes can you please send that patch because in trying from last two day and I can not find it. Note: If possible can you reply on parag.lopes@madinatjumeirah.com Just a guess... Are you s...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

MFC get drive information
Dear all, How to get drive information of my computer? I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space information. Thanks! Best Regards, Crystal Use GetLogicalDrives() to get drive informatio. Use GetDiskFreeSpace(... to get drive space. Sekhar Hyderabad. "Crystal" wrote: > Dear all, > > How to get drive information of my computer? > > I want to get available driver letters and the corresponding disk space > information. > > Thanks! > > Best Regards, > Crystal > > > > > You can use cha...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Why can't i get my wanted notes by XPath

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Fill Down Problem
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have a basic formula in cell C2 I want to copy the formula down in the cells below. The problem is that when I click the small black box in the corner of the cell to fill down the same number appears and not the result of the adjacent data. Here is the problem illustrated: 2 2 4 2 2 SUM(A1,B1) 2 5 4 2 5 SUM(A2,B2) 1 7 4 1 7 SUM(A3,B3) 3 1 4 3 1 SUM(A4,B4) It is clear that 4 is not the sum of the rows be...

automatically add borders to a cell after entry is complete
I've seen this done before. I would like to format the cells in my spreadsheet to automatically add a border to seperate one cell entry from the next after I'm finished with the entry. In other words after I tab out of the cell. Thanks, BKD you can set a conditional formatting. Highlight the area you will input numbers go to format--> conditional Formatting--> cell value is change to not equal to 0 click on format, select border--> choose one with all borders around it, click ok and ok again. now if you input any number except 0 you will see the borders. hope it hel...

Keep message from being forwarded automatically
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to keep messages from being forwarded? In help I found Restricted permission, but I can't find that icon on the email toolbar, so maybe that is a flaw in the help file. ...

Not getting the data output I want
Hello, I need help with my database. Here's the basic layout: I have a table for patient data that is imported on a daily basis. That data is then queried to eliminate null values and the query is the source for my main form. I then have a subform based on a table with procedures that has no data in it. It is strictly for data entry to include the date of service and checkboxes for procedures rendered. I used the PtID (auto number) as my primary key in my main form and the same name for a foreign key in the subform. Those fields are used as the link parent/child fields. I ...

get speed between device incorrect in Win7 with two controller
when I debug a 1394B image device driver on windows 7 x64, I found the result of REQUEST_GET_SPEED_BETWEEN_DEVICES requesting incorrect sometimes, I have two controller, one 1394B (TI's PCIE chip), one is 1394A, my image device run at S800, and connected on 1394B port. I want to get the speed between device and host is 8 (S800), but sometimes I got 4 when I power on my device with cable had connected. Is there a bug of windows 7 1394 bus stack? thanks for any helps. -- Steven ...

Automatic Forwarding...
How can I automatically forward all mail received in the System Administrator's box to another email box? - or - How can I assign another email box to be the system administrator so as to receive all problem emails and the like? Thanx. On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:50:31 -0700, "Steven" <stmasi@hotmail.com> wrote: >How can I automatically forward all mail received in the >System Administrator's box to another email box? > > - or - > >How can I assign another email box to be the system >administrator so as to receive all problem emails and the &g...

Not getting emails
Hi, Suddenly, I stopped getting emails to my Windows Mail account. I go through Verizon to get my emails. When I signed on to my verizon account, the email was there and I forwarded it to myself and I did get that one. But I'm not getting any others. Can you help me? Thanks, ...

I can't get Outlook to synchronize with my yahoo email account.
I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with good directions that might be able to assist me. Thanks! "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:933B689D-59DF-4237-958C-45A246982C33@microsoft.com > I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with > good directions that might be able to assist me. > > Thanks! Do you have a paid-for premium account with Yaoo? (Unless you're in the UK.......) Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting error messages. And those messages are? ...

Alternate grey/red shading with subtitles getting shaded differently (Word table)
Dear Experts: I got a telephone list/table with the following make-up: - Each name and corresponding phone number has got its own row. - The letters A-Z also have their own rows and are formatted bold - First name, last name is entered in one table cell - Phone numbers are entered in the table cells next to the "name" cell With any number rows of the table SELECTED would like the table to acquire the following FORMATTING: Rows A, B,C to Z (formatted bold) should have a grey shaded fill (RGB value 133, 133, 133) Rows immediately following these subtitles (A-Z) should...

Info on David Allenberg
Does anyone have a current e-mail address for him or have you heard from him in the last 60 days? I know he made some enemies here, but I came to know him well. I believe he was having some health problems, perhaps very serious. My e-mails to the addresses I had did not bounce back, but he has not responded. Yeah, it's not netiquette to suggest e-mailing my direct, but this isn't exactly a question of "how do I do this?" Any and all help is appreciated. Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Does anyone have a current e-mail address for him or have you heard from > him i...

Getting query data for a report
If I have the query "UniqueCounts" and following query results: Count ServicesType 2 Food Basket 99 Men's Dorm 84 Personal Needs 5 PN Family Pack 14 Program Dorm 7 Temporary ID What would I put in a text field in a report to get the query results from Count for the ServicesType "Men's Dorm". (Which should be the value 99.) Thanks! you would want to put in 'Men's Dorm' as the criteria in the query....on in a new query that is applied to this query ...

How do I get the BCC line to always appear in a new Outlook email
How do I get the BCC line to always appear in a new Outlook email Open a mail item and go to the View menu or there's a dropdown on the menu bar for it if you're using Word as your editor "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:378B4143-79F1-4F20-A8F8-352515FBCA8F@microsoft.com... > How do I get the BCC line to always appear in a new Outlook email Please give me the version of outlook go to options click on drop down arrow next to option and you will find Bcc -- test "Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How do i get an excel spreadsheet to fit on one piece of paper
I want to get an entire spreadsheet to fit on one piece of paper when printing. I am now using Windows XP. My older version in Windows 98 had a print option tht allowed you to click on a button to fit to one page. File|Page Setup|Page Tab Fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall. You sure it wasn't word that had that the "Shrink to Fit" on the print preview window? takiled wrote: > > I want to get an entire spreadsheet to fit on one piece of paper when > printing. I am now using Windows XP. My older version in Windows 98 had a > print option tht allowed you to click ...

I cannot get excell to change to landscape
I want to print in landscape format. Yes I know the way to change it - File page set up page landscape but that does not work. Even when landscape is "clicked" the page still prints in portrait. When I do a page preview it appears in portrait. Any ideas on another "switch" or setting. I have closed excell and restarted but still the same thing. Thank you James Almost always, printing issues in Excel are directly tied to the printer being used. Is your printer capable of Landscape? Does it have some settings that need to be changed (Windows Start>Settings&...

Copy and paste cahrt to new sheet-update data automatically?
If I have a chart set up oin one sheet and need the same chart on a differnet sheet, but with the data on the new shee represented...do I have to physically change the source on every sheet I copy it to or can it be "programmed" to do it automatically? (I have 100 sheets and 4 sheets to a page so am hoping I don't have to edit source data on all 400 charts.) Thanks in advance for any help! You'll find it easier if you copy the entire sheet, including charts and data, then pasting the new data over the data in the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Exce...

Automaticly entered, scheduled transactions
Is there a way to have a scheduled transaction entered automaticly into my register without it automaticly being reconciled? I'm assuming that these are not downloaded transactions and that you are, or at one time were, using M02 and that these transactions were scheduled, using M02, from reconciled transactions already in the register. If these assumptions are true, see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=126. "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:913801c43311$d2a7cf10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have a scheduled transaction en...