How to get a copied sheet to update?

I made a copy of sheet 1, and it is names sheet 2.  How can I get th
data that I entered in sheet 1 to copy or update directly into the 2n
sheet.  Like I said the sheet are identical, sheet for sheet.  Onc
that is done, how can I set it up so only the 2nd sheet prints?  Thank
in advance!

Mile

--
mcr
mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549

To get a "linked" copy of sheet1 that updates.

With sheet1 active.......

Hit CRTL + A to select all cells.

Copy then switch to sheet2 and Paste Special>Paste Link>OK>Esc.

As far as printing, just select sheet2 and File>Print>Active Sheet.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:28:26 -0600, mcr1 <mcr1.1fl140@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote:

>I made a copy of sheet 1, and it is names sheet 2.  How can I get the
>data that I entered in sheet 1 to copy or update directly into the 2nd
>sheet.  Like I said the sheet are identical, sheet for sheet.  Once
>that is done, how can I set it up so only the 2nd sheet prints?  Thanks
>in advance!
>
>Miles

0
Gord

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

windows updates installation fails
Hello there, I am using XP Pro sp3, I just installed it and when running the windows updates from IE I am able to download the updates bu then the installation fails. How can I delete all downloads and reset the windows client update settings? Thank you, T Which is the update(s) failing to install? Further information required: How to view the Update log in Windows Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type %windir%\windowsupdate.log and then click OK. Scroll down towards the bottom for the latest entries to locate the error code(s) associated with the ...

tab between sheets
Any way to select a different sheet without using the mouse -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi CTRL-PGUP and CTRL-PGDOWN -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Any way to select a different sheet without using the mouse? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In Excel Go to Help, type in keyboard shortcuts This will give you tons of information "laneman >" <<laneman.14pfas@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:laneman.14pfas@excelforum-nospam.com... : Any way to select a different sheet witho...

Updating a DATE, only if the page has been modified.
I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy") I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet was modified/changed. So the logic would be somthing like: IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date) Can any one point me in the right direction? Thank you That requires custom VBA code. If you want help with that just let us know. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Michael" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing: > ="Print Date: "&...

automated copy & paste
hello again, i'm trying to get this to work:- A1 = date ( changeable ) A2 = £ ( changeable ) B1 to B100 ( if B1 has £ in it move to next cell down without over righting previous cell) B100 could be greater , just depends on how much data i collect. up to now i can only get data by copy and pasting information from A2 and placing it in the next empty available cell in B. i've tryed using the date but all cells then change to the current contents of A2 and really want previous contants to remain untouched. Thanks inadvance What you wrote is very difficult to follow. You ...

multiple copies of mail
Hi! After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook 2000). Any ideas where to start looking? Tommy "tomppa" <tofors99@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%235CQZ6mwDHA.1512@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > After reinstalling XP and outlook 2002, I have started to get 2-5 copies of > mail (not every mail). This wasn�t a problem before (when I used outlook > 2000). > > Any ideas where to start looking? > > Tommy > > If you get as ...

This Item is a copy of ...
Folks, Saw something completely new to me today. Working with a client and on their SharePoint site there is a document that has a notice highlighted in yellow: ! This item is a copy of http://www.mysharepointsite/clients/abc/example.doc Then there is a link back to source. It points to completely differnt SharePoint server which they access via the internet. How did this get there? They have no recollection. How does SharePoint remember this a link back to a source? Is this a "Send to, Other Location? -- --rms www.rmschneider.com Answering my...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

getting filenames from a folder
hi i am working in MFC Dialog based application. I have the path of a folder in a char array.i want to store all the filenams in that folder(includng the path of each file) in a CStringArray. priya hi please look into this MSDN article. "Battling Backup Anxiety with Win32" Eric Bergman-Terrell there is an example code for FindFirstFile, FindNextFile & FindCloseFile API's hope that helps. sreeram "priya" <priya@transversalnet.com> wrote in message news:068b01c343b6$04b622a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > hi > i am working in MFC Dialog based application...

copy value in cell above to cell below for a whole column
I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists the employee name once. There is a way to copy the value of the cell above to the cell below. I can get as far as highlighting the blank cells with the Go To function, then I can not remember the steps to tell excel to copy the data into the blank cells. Can anyone help? Ctrl+D will copydown the value of the top cell to the highlighted cells below. "tarthur" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that was saved from a report. this report only lists > the employee name once. There is a way to copy th...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

ComboBox.Text gets reset between event calls
I am trying to make a ComboBox that will AutoResize to the text being displayed. The steps I take are: OnTextChanged(EventArgs e) { base.OnTextChanged(e); ResizeTextBox(); } private void ResizeTextBox() { Graphics CurrentGraphics; int StringWidth; int MinWidth; int MaxWidth; int MyWidth; string thisText; Font thisFont; SizeF thisSizeF; Size thisSize; CurrentGraphics = this.CreateGraphics(); thisText = this.Text; this...

The new updates aren't available from autoupdate are they yet?
Right? Normally, they are out on "patch Tuesday" like the Windows updates and usually available via autoupdate the next day. Any word as to when they should start showing up? They usually lag a bit. Remember to quit all Microsoft applications including the Microsoft Database daemon. Best way: Under Help select "check for updates." When AutoUpdater shows up in the Dock, select to "keep in dock" Log out/in and hold Shift key down to disable all startup items. Select the AutoUpdater in the Dock and download the updater. Run the updater and restart. -- Diane ...

Leave A Copy Of Messages On The Server
My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in both Outlook Express 6 nor Outlook 2003. Can anyone answer why he doesn't have this function and how to change it? He has to go into our on-line email server and delete his old messages manually. Raymund <Raymund@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My coworker's PC does not have the option check box to "Leave a Copy > of Messages on the Server". It doesn't show up. What type of account? -- ...

How do I preset data to auto copy to a certain page
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells?
Hi, What must I do to get gridlines printed for both filled and empty cells? I'm a teacher, and I'm trying to replicate and print, in Excel, an attendance book format, with a series of tiny squares next to each student's name. The printed form of this would allow me to register if a student were present or absent on a particular day. Hubert -- Hubert Earl, vendor of fine Jamaican art, coffee, etc. on eBay: http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=12295024&ssPageName=L2?refid=store; Fine Jablum Blue Mountain Coffee sales page: http://stores.ebay.com/Jamaican-Coffee-Art-and-More-Store_Jab...

Copying formatting of entire sheet
I made an Excel 2007 workbook which includes my monthly business income, parts bought, a logbook for car mileage dividing into personal and work and finally a financial end of year total constantly updated by the income or parts bought over the financial year. What I would like to know, please, is how to copy the entire logbook (12 sheets, 1 per month then 1 for end of financial year totals and 1 for car miles) FORMATTING so that I can have it all ready for the next financial year. I live in Australia and our financial year ends Jun 30 and starts the new one July 1. What I would like t...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook
Hi, I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20 worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it...

Volume Shadow copy question
Hi, I have E drive, where Volume Shadow copy takes snapshot of this drive, and copies them to G: drive If I loose E: drive, and re-install windows 2003 storage server with a new disk, how do I access G: drive so I can copy from Shadow copy. G: drive is used to backup E: drive using volume shadow Thanks MC ...

Get Rid of "Favorites" in IE8
We have a web app that we built for a customer. The app is tied to IE. The app is set to display at a set resolution using IE. IE is only to show the URL line and the menu bar. An extra toolbar throws things off. Scrollbars appear where they shouldn't, etx. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of "Favorites" and the line it's on. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi Stew, Please define what you mean by Web app? Network administrators remove features from IE using Group Policy which 'web apps' cannot do. You can create a burlesque version of ...

Urgent: Need copy of Quote.dot
I've spent 5 days getting my outlook client up and going, now I find I don't have quote.dot anywhere on my machine (template for quote mail merge). You can understand my reluctance to re-install after all this time getting it right. Does anyone have a copy they could email me? nathan <remove this bit> @spindolero.com.au Cheers. Hello! I need it also; "semisential" <semisential@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:228C13FE-5A84-450B-BBF6-8E77D186AE64@microsoft.com... > I've spent 5 days getting my outlook client up and going, now I...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: I'm drawing a blank and need some help. I have a table with row 3 containing sheet names (currently pointing at 106 sheets). In rows 4-250 I want to put formulas that will look for something (located in Column B) in each of the sheets named in row 3. The first cell in the target sheet contains the last row with valid data. Example: Cell "D3" = P02-05 Cell "B5" = 123456789IBM In cell "D5" I want to generate a formula that will look in sheet P02-05, search for the contents of "B5" throughout the sheet and return the Value in colum...

Help with referencing multiple sheets in formulas
Greetings Xcellers I have a workbook with 32 sheets, The first sheet is a month summary and the other 31 sheets are for each day of the month. The sheets are names month,1,2,3..31 I need to copy information from the daily sheets to create a summary on the month sheet like follows A B 1 Day Turnover ..... 2 1 ='1'!E7 3 2 ='2'!E7 4 3 ... 5 5 ='5'!E7 Is there a way to substitute the sheet name from the column Day instead of manually having to enter each formula. There will be a number of columns and I have a number of similar workbooks to make. IE for B2 a formula l...