How to encrypt the password on EXCEL BOX?

Hi

Thanks all of you who assist me for my problem.

With regards to the Password, how should we encrypt the password on th
input box on EXCLEL, so no one can see our password?
Currently when I gave the password on message box on Excel, it is no
in encrypted form.
What piece of code I add in the following routine in order t
encrypt/hide the password on runtime on EXCEL?

Regards

Jumma

Sub password ()

Dim Pword
Pword = InputBox("Type in your password")

If Pword <> "Proda"
Then
MsgBox "Sorry, incorrect password"
End
Exit Sub
Else
My code��
End if
End su

Hi Juma,

> With regards to the Password, how should we encrypt the password on the
> input box on EXCLEL, so no one can see our password?
> Currently when I gave the password on message box on Excel, it is not
> in encrypted form.
> What piece of code I add in the following routine in order to
> encrypt/hide the password on runtime on EXCEL?

You will have to use a userform for that with a textbox. In the
properties of a textbox there is one called "PasswordChar", a character
entered there is the character that will show once one starts entering a
password.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)

number rounding in MS Excel

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Macro

Excel fun patch

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...