How to direct user to enter certain cells from drop down list?

How do i direct the user to enter certain cells after a certain data
from a drop down list is chosen?

I want to make it such that unless the respective option in the drop
down list is chosen, the user cannot enter in the corresponding cells.

Thank you.

this might be easier to do using VBA, via textboxes versus cells. i
this an option for you? if so, i could show yo

saving with name from cell #2
thanx Ron, Any way to place name in save as location but leave path open for edit? I appreciate the help! -- jamaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16636 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=315045 Maybe you like Application.GetSaveAsFilename See the VBA help for more info Sub Test() Dim fname As Variant Dim Wb As Workbook Set Wb = ActiveWorkbook fname = Application.GetSaveAsFilename("", _ ...

How do I make a hard return within a cell in Excel?
Use alt-enter if typing or char(10) in a formula ="asdf&char(10)&"qwer" (remember that wrap text must be turned on (format|cells|alignment tab) Rose49 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

How can I stop getting multiple emails from blackberry users?
I am getting duplicate emails from Blackberry users in my inbox. Any way to stop it? What version of Outlook are you using? Do you have any rules created that might be creating copies of messages? What kind of e-mail account is it? What anti-virus software are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Dessertrs" <Dessertrs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

a Macro to paste a cell from excell to outlook
I am trying to copy and paste a cell ('Name'!C4) into a new email message in microsft outlook. Can a macro be design to integrate the two programs. Thanks. Everything you need for sending mail from Excel can be found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:49:02 -0700, murph261 <murph261@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to copy and paste a cell ('Name'!C4) into a new email message in >microsft outlook. Can a macro be design to integrate the two programs. >Tha...

Drag Drop Problem CListCtrl
Hello, I have a CListCtrl which has its owner drawn property set to true. The list control displays thumbnail view of image files and other related information. I want to drag and drop the thumbnails of these images within the list view itself.I referred to the Commcontrl sample from MSDN but the drag image would always be dispalyed as a black bitmap image. I have used the CImageList members CreateDragImage , BeginDrag , DragEnter,DragMove etc for this. Why is this happening??? Also if instead of having a drag image of the list item being dragged and dropped within the list view itself if i...

Table not listed in Table Names / Table Descriptions window
Hi, I am missing a 3rd party table in the Table Names window. I'm trying to view the table via the Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables navigation but my table does not display here. I can view the table under the SQL Maintenance window (Tools > Maintenance > SQL). Does anyone know why it does not appear under the Resource descriptions for Tables? I have other 3rd party tables that appear here just fine. Thanks in advance, Jacqy What module is it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I ch...

graph based on the city i select in a particular cell
I have cities and no. of stores in each city. For each store i have 2 data points. Can I have a graph based on a city i select in a drop down cell.. e.g if i select a city A, the graph should display for stores located in City A, if i select City B, the stores of City B get displayed in the chart Plz help Nikhil Hi, Depending on how you data and chart is setup you maybe able to use Autofilter. Select the chart and make sure the option to plot visible cells only is set. Tools > Options > Charts > Plot visible cells only. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel htt...

Excel User Defined Functions
Is there a way to enter a description or Help statement to a User Defined Function in a VBA module? Hi Barbara, You can't individually describe each argument in turn, but you can enter a general description .. It is a good idea to maintain separate documentation for anything you do. The parameter cell will show up in the Function Wizard Help without any intervention, so choose your parameter names carefully. The description can be entered as follows: Alt+F11 (VBE), F2 (View, Object Browser), Select the module (or <globals>) on left, select the function on right, RClick, properti...

how do populate empty cells with the contents of populated cells .
I have this worksheet problem. The work sheet is thousands of rows long. One of my columns has cells not populated. I would like to get any empty cell in this column to populate itself with the contents of the next populated cell below it? Kind of a "find and replace" action where by an empty cell says to it self;"I'm going fill myself in with the next thing I find below me" I would greatly appreciate if someone can relate how to do this. Thanks Jim, Select the column, use Edit | Go To... Special , Blanks, OK. Then type an equal sign, press the down arrow...

troubleshoot merge cells
I'm trying to merge cells in an existing shared workbook, but the icon is dim, and in the format cells dialog box, the merge cells box is checked, but dim. I turned off any protection or cell locking, so why won't it let me merge, and what've I got to do to allow me to merge cells? Thanks in advance for any help Hi It sounds like the some of your cells are already merged - or part-merged. You'll have to find out which cells are merged to select them and unmerge them. You can then merge the ones you want. Hope this helps. Andy. "Walter K" <Walter K@discussi...

OWA : users prompted to log on twice
(We only have 1 Exchange 2000 server.) After a server reboot, remote (OWA) users are now prompted to enter their credentials twice. We wonder what the fix might be. We suspect it has something to do with the IIS authentication settings. Under Default Site Properties|Directory Security|Anonymous Access and Authentication Control, in the Authentication Methods window, Basic Authentication (password is sent in clear text) is the only box checked off. Our domain is selected as the default domain. We're not sure if this is the correct configuration. Should this box be unchecked? Should...

SharePoint Slow To Delete List Items
I've got a feeling the answer to this question isn't a simple one. I'm using a delete query within an Access 2007 database to delete SharePoint list items. The delete query uses a sub query to determine the IDs of the list items to delete. This delete query runs very slow. For example, it took 53 minutes to delete 34 rows today. What can I do to speed this up? Here's a brief overview of our process - 1 - Records in SP list older than 14 days are added to a SQL archive table (via Access append query). These archived records include the ID. 2 - All SP ...

Simple way to enter UPC's for Matrix Item
A majority of our items are Matrix type (we sell shoes and apparel). We store our UPC's as Aliases. To do this we have to open every individual matrix component, select the Alias tab, scan the UPC then save - it is a tedious process. Is there any way to open the matrix components as a group and just scan the UPC for one size into a column, hit the down arrow, scan the UPC for next size, and so on - similar to what we used to do in Quicksell? -- Kris The easiest way would probably be to export a list of you Matrix Items to Excel and scan your UPC codes for each line. Then import ...

format cells #13
I received a spreadsheet which I have to add information to :- e.g. when it arrived column A is for Ref No. The first one (A1)was already filled in and had the left and right borders black and the Ref.No. centred, when I entered my first Ref.No. in the cell below (A2) the borders automatically went black and the No. I entered was centred. How has someone set up the sheet to do this ? Thanks, Al Al Tools>Options>Edit "Extend list formats and formulas" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:51:09 -0800, al9315 <al9315@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Shortcuts when entering dates in the Flag For Follow Up
In previous versions of Outlook (2000 and before) I could type in the Due By box something like: "wed 9a" and it would set the reminder for the next Wednesday at 9 a.m., or I could enter "3 days 2p" and it would set it for 3 days hence at 2 p.m., or simply "3p" and it would set it for the next 3 p.m. These "shortcuts" no longer work. Is this a bug or changed functionality? Thanks for your help. ...

Counting Cells #5
I need to count the number of cells in a worksheet until it reaches a specific value. i.e count the number of cells until it reaches a cell containing the word 'end' Enter and run this macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range Dim count As Long Cells.Select For Each r In Selection If r.Value = "end" Then Exit For Else count = count + 1 End If Next MsgBox (count) End Sub -- Gary''s Student "dave" wrote: > I need to count the number of cells in a worksheet until it reaches a > specific value. > i.e count the number of cells until it reaches a cell c...

Need macro to move to first blank cell in column
Hi. I am trying to use a macro to move from A1 to the first blank cell in col A. There are no gaps in the data. When the first blank cell is selected, data will be copied and pasted from another worksheet. Then the adjacent cell in col B must be selected and again data will be copied and pasted there from another worksheet. Finally, the adjacent cell in col C must be selected but the formula from the cell above must be extended down one cell. I have recorded a macro which does all this but the problem is that when I repeat the macro the same row is always selected instead of the ...

10 ten list
Hi everyone, I have a file that has customers names in column A - 6,000 + lines of customer names for all sites across the country. Column heading going across are branch names and the numbers inserted in each cross cell (ie customer name and branch name) reflect number of units sold for that customer at a particular branch. I now need to filter the data so that the top 10 customers (by units sold) show up for each site. My problem is that when I filter column B for top 10, filter hides all other customer names. Is there a way to do a top 10 filter across adjacent columns where the filter is...

adding figures in adjacent cells next to specified numbers
I have two columns. One with single digits (0-9), the other has number but also contains x's plus blank spaces. Each time the number 3 appears in column 1 i'd like to add the value o the corresponding figure in column 2 and get a total at the end. Is it also possible to do this and set numerical limits. For example each time 3 appears in column 1, add column 2 figure if it fall between 4 and 9? Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000>=4),--(A1:A1000<=9),B1:B1000) In article <judoist.17usjg@excelforum-nospa...

check value into cells
Hi, I have a column (for example A) in which sometime it is written "Total". In another column (for example D) but on the same row than "Total", I have the value of this Total. What i would like to do is : to scann all A column and everytime that i found "Total", I would like to get the value stored into colum D.. after collecting all values of totals, i will add them to 1 cell (to another sheet). for example, A5 = Total, D5 = 25100 .... A41=Total, D41=15455 how can i do that automaticaly without doing macro ? thanks a lot, Maileen. You almost wrote th...

How to rename a user's email account
I have a woman here who recently got married. I know in our 2000 domain I can rename her account, but how do I go about renaming her email accoutn without losing her current email? What steps do I have to take? Thanks, Jim Rename the appropriate items in her ADUC properties. Add a new SMTP address for her new name and make it default (but don't remove the old one). Change her home directory & profile folder names to match. Log in as her and recreate her mail profile. You won't lose mail. Jim wrote: > I have a woman here who recently got married. I know in > our 20...

Merge cells in Excel 2003 doesn't show up on Format Alignment
Merging cells used to be easy but Excel 2003 doesn't have a place to check on the Format Alignment menu. Help shows a demo for merging but I get the message that the page is unavailable on the web. "Merge cells" is the third item under Text Control on the Format, Cells dialog, Alignment tab. -- Jim "Bob" <rbandrews@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:BE917632-AB58-49B9-B840-7A3B1D6E5206@microsoft.com... | Merging cells used to be easy but Excel 2003 doesn't have a place to check on | the Format Alignment menu. Help shows a demo for merging but I get the |...

compress cells
i have a number of records in a list in a column. I need to compress the records so that all the records bunch up. e.g. rec1 rec2 rec3 becomes... rec1 rec2 rec3 is there an automatic way to do this? i have rather a lot of records to do it for! rgds, Tom tommy wrote: > i have a number of records in a list in a column. I need to compress the > records so that all the records bunch up. > > e.g. > > rec1 > > rec2 > > rec3 > > becomes... > > rec1 > rec2 > rec3 > > is there an automatic way to do this? i have rather a lot of r...

Other Servers think my E2K3 users are trying to relay?
Ever since we got on Exchange 2003 a few weeks ago I've been fighting the "You don't have permission to send to this recipient" errors for about 1% of my total outgoing mail. Most of the time the other server replies something generic like: unable to relay for xxxx@abc.com, where ABC is the domain of the recipient. But today a user was trying to reply to a message from an Earthlink user and it came our a little different: "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. EarthLink does not recognize your computer (xxx.xxx.xxx.30) as connec...

Hyperlink, Cell and a menu
I create and use several workbooks during a year and then forget what I did or where I stored them. So, I am trying a crude menu system using Hyperlink in a worksheet and a Cell formula that I copied from Mr. Pearson's website that I then copy and paste the values. I can add descriptions of the files and what they contain from sales or production so that hopefully I can look at the 2009 menu file and find what I did or looking for 2 years from now. I know nothing of VBA and don't really want to learn but my question is there a better way to keep track of what was done. Thanks, ...