how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list

how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
0
Stewart (16)

Chip Pearson has tons of ways of working with duplicates at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates

"stewart" wrote:

> how to delete duplicated entries from an excel list
0
DukeCarey (494)

delete footer
How do I delete a pre-existing footer from a page. We are making a poster. We can go to within 1/4" or less from the top, but the program is forcing us to leave 1/2" on the bottom. Is this due to our printer, or a problem with publisher? -- Ferret Mom PK <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > We can go to within 1/4" or less from the top, but the > program is forcing us to leave 1/2" on the bottom. Is this due to > our printer, or a problem with publisher? This is a limitation of your printer. Due to the mechanism used i...

Global Address List permissions
I am running Exchange 2003 and have a problem with the permissions for editing the Global Address list. As the administrator I was able to edit information for contacts on the GAL. I tried to set a permission to let a user be able to edit the information (phone numbers addresses etc), but seem to have made a mistake. Now I am unable to edit any of it as administrator. I could use a bit of advice on how to fix this problem. On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:53:03 -0700, Gimbal <Gimbal@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >I am running Exchange 2003 and have a probl...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

Delete Columns
In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell that will contain a name based on an input box. Thanks, Bernie See you OTHER post. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bernie" <bml66@aol.com> wrote in message news:1172699736.687460.300590@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > In Excel, I need a macro that will delete a column based on a cell > that will contain a name based on an input box. > > Thanks, > Bernie > ...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Duplicated Email
Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 address is placed in the to: or cc: field, then when the email is received everyone receives 1 copy per addresse, in other words exchange is reading the resend as well as the to: and cc Is this a bug within exchange 2003, is there a way of configuring exchange to not look at the resend in the header. Using some kind of POP3 "connector"? Richard Schofield wrote: > Exchange 2003; when an email is sent to the Exchange domain from a remote email address and more than 1 addres...

Can't open Cash Receipts Entry
Hi After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, the system comes with this message "Cannot access this form because the directory containing it is not loaded". Is there a way to fix this and if there is how ? Best regards Andreas Høyer The user do not have access to the window. Go to Advance Security and give them access to the Cash Receipts entry window. Gerald "Andreas Hoyer" wrote: > Hi > > After I updated from GP 8 to GP 9 I can't open the Cash Receipts Entry form, > the system comes with this messa...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Importing distribution list.
Hi, Hopefully have a quick easy question... One of our users has created a distribution list within Outlook 2007 with 80 odd external e-mail addresses. They now have asked us to move the distribution list from her outlook contact into the GAL. How do i do this without having to manually create a new distribution list and manually add each e-mail address. PS. we are running Exchange 2007 Thanks for any help For5six "For5six" <for5six@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d3d8c245-010d-4e8a-bf55-5904579ae839@g1g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > One of our us...

Contact list limitation
Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list? We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If there is a limit, is it an Outlook limit or an Exchange limit? TIA, Jim P.S. Is there a difference between a contact list and a distribution list? On Thu, 27 May 2010 17:05:02 -0700, Jim in Cleveland <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list? >We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If >...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Longer Description in Routing Sequence Entry (needed for Outsourc.
We do a fair amount of outsourcing various process's in our manufacturing environment. When you create a purchase order from the Manufacturing Module, it would be nice to have the same field length in the Sequence Information Description of a Routing as is currently available for a Purchase Order. Currently we are having to manually enter the information a second time on the purchase order so the Vendor knows what we are talking about. Thanks! The suggested change will be included in the 9.0 release (previously referred to as 8.5), which is scheduled for 4Q05. -- This posting is...

Excel Crash

Some users not listed in Global Address Book ???
Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:01 -0700, Mahmoud Metwally Ali <Mahmoud Metwally Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not >listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. >What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? Are you talking about user...

Messages list missing in MFC ClassWizard dialogue box
I need to work on a old VC++ (rev 3?) project completed years ago. The project opens fine under VC++ 6, and it compiles/works fine, too Now, I open View->Classwizard..., and the Messagemaps tab. Select CMyNameApp for Class name, and CMyNameApp for Object ID, I can't see anything under the Messages list (where I see AddToRecentFilelist, DoMessgeBox, ...., in all my new VC++ projects) Anyway to bring them in? THanks! "Chen" <Chen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32FC4382-0964-4644-B4E8-98A9B2F1F99D@microsoft.com... >I need to work on a old VC++ ...

Can I export Distribution Lists?
A different department has asked us for a copy of all our distribution lists, members of those lists, their smtp e-mail addresses, x500 addresses, as well as group owners and who has rights to send to thos lists. How do I get that? We have about 100 distribution lists each with about 100 users. We are running Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. Thanks Hi Boe, - Scripting this would produce much more readable output. I was able to modify a script I wrote a while back for general use. Posted to blog: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2006/02/script-list-distribution-groups.html It doesn't hav...

How to automatically re-order a list
Hi, I have a worksheet with data in several rows. Column wise they consist of names, points etc.. I am trying to setup a formula whereby the formula looks at the data in the points columns and then re-orders the rows accordingly taking all the information in the row with it, with the highest points total at the top and lowest points total at the bottom. Each points cell, has a formula in there already which pulls the points total from other cells and combines them. Hope you can help! Thanks sandmania, Have your tried Data / Sort? Select the whole table, and the rows will stay togeth...

Many to Many Data Entry
Hi all, This is a doozy of a problem, using a form to join many to many fields, so thanks if you're up for checking it out! I have two tables that are linked with a many to many relationship using a third table. TblZones (with fields ZoneNo(primary key, autonumber), ZoneMo, Zone Description, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDevices (with fields DeviceNo (primary key, autonumber), DeviceType, Location, CustNo, SiteNo, etc) TblDeviceZoning (With fields ID (primary key, autonumber), DeviceNo, and ZoneNo) A device may only be assigned to a zone that shares the same customer number...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...