I have two worksheets

Worksheet A
27 Columns
1600 Rows.

Worksheet B
1 Column
200 Rows

I need Worksheet A to look at each cell in Worksheet B, if a cell exists in
Worksheet A, then I need the row deleted...

Basically I have a list of Grand list of items to do, then a list of items
already completed. I need to now remove all entries in the grand list that
have been completed.

Is this feasible or should I look at using some Unix script.
0
msbutton27 (11)

It sounds like you could use VLOOKUP to find out if the value in B exists on
A:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/vlookup_formulas_in_microsoft_excel.htm
Then use a macro like this one on worksheet A:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=260

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two worksheets
>
> Worksheet A
> 27 Columns
> 1600 Rows.
>
> Worksheet B
> 1 Column
> 200 Rows
>
> I need Worksheet A to look at each cell in Worksheet B, if a cell exists
> in
> Worksheet A, then I need the row deleted...
>
> Basically I have a list of Grand list of items to do, then a list of items
> already completed. I need to now remove all entries in the grand list that
> have been completed.
>
> Is this feasible or should I look at using some Unix script.

0
ng1 (1444)

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

set print area #2

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

volume settings
I've taken to listening to podcasts on my three WinXP fully updated computers. I use VLC Media Player. Some podcasts are so quiet that I have to turn the volume all the way up both in VLC and in the volume control for the computer. And even that can be a bit too quiet. Is there another way to increase the volume for these podcasts? I looked at Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel, but nothing seemed obvious. Thank you! Jo-Anne "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:hv0sv3$71o$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I've taken t...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...