How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?

Hey all,

Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten
baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop
down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a
second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the
20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want
to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any
help is much appreciated.

THANKS in advance,

Darren D.

Darren
You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list

Then in the second pulldown use list, and enter =INDIRECT(cell reference of first pull down) as the source

Hope this gets you started

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co

     ----- Darren D. wrote: ----

     Hey all

     Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of te
     baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a dro
     down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then
     second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of th
     20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I wan
     to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? An
     help is much appreciated

     THANKS in advance

     Darren D

0
anonymous (74722)
12/3/2003 4:56:16 PM
If you need more help, there are some detailed instructions here:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Cannot create new exchange profile
Hi, When I create a new profile for a user on a computer of ours it is unable to open outlook giving the error.... "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. Outlook muse be online or connected to complete this action". Existing profiles continue to work, this error only affects new profiles. This problem is not experienced by other computers on the network. This windows 2003 sp1 server is used for remote (terminal services) access by a number of ...

Create new Exchange Mailbox without creating a new AD-User
I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be an already existing AD-User. Is this possible and how could this be done. Thanks. Andreas Andreas Lauer IT Service wrote: > I'm running Win2003SBS SP1 with Exchange2003 SP2. > I would like to create funtional exchange-mailboxes (info@..., service@...) > without creating a new AD-User as owner of these mailboxes. Owner should be > an already existing AD-User. > Is thi...

word invoice with drop down list of customers
Can I set up an invoice with drop-down list that fills in fields on invoice when I select customer? See the following pages of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "MikeK98404" <MikeK98404@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2424A005-19FE-4BBB...

Custom Lists #3
I am trying to create a macro that will fill cells with a custom list o set times. I have already created the custom list, but I don't kno how to get a macro to do what I want it to do? Any Suggestions??? Thanks! Heathe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Heather, Try something like the following: Dim V As Variant Dim Ndx As Long V = Application.GetCustomListContents(listnum:=1) For Ndx = LBound(V) To UBound(V) Cells(Ndx, 1).Value = V(Ndx) Next Ndx -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "hgranin...

Another Pirate Denied Appeal!
I wonder if there is likely to be an end to pirating in this world? <http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9174629/Court_denies_Microsoft_s_appeal_in_i4i_patent_case> It seems everybody is in it for taking hoping they won't be caught! hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD55ZRA OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING DIRECT, IN...

CRM SDK: Creating notes with attachments
Greetings, I'd like to use the SDK to: 1) Create a note. 2) Attach a document to the note. 3) Attach the note (and associated document) to an Account. Then, hope and pray that that information will sync down to the client when they go off line. Has anyone done this before with success or failure? Regards, --Paul Galvin ISSG From one of Jason Hunts posts: ========================================================================= We goofed on this one. We were supposed to expose the UpdateBinaryData method for the CRMNotesMAnager class in the SOAP Proxy but it didn't make it...

When I open my file, another file appears??
I had 2 files open in Excel. I remember seing a message while closing the files and I thought it was 'Do you want to save file' but maybe it was something else and I answered 'Yes' to it. Now my original file is replaced by the other. How can that be? How can you send a file to another just by answering 'Yes'. I know one of my files had some links that I forgot to remove. I also did a restore file on our server but it made no changes. Please advise. Very stressed. Lynne Do the two files look like file.xls:1 and file.xls:2 ? If so, you two windows ope...

Another DSMOD question
Hopefully a fairly simple one this. I am using a script to automate disabling old unused accounts. @echo off if {%1}=={} @echo Syntax: disableDNs FileName&goto :EOF if not exist %1 @echo Syntax: disableDNs %1 not found.&goto :EOF setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION set file=%1 @echo. for /f "Tokens=*" %%u in ('type %file%') do ( set user=%%u rem set user="!user:"=!" @echo DSMOD USER !user! -desc Disabled -disabled yes DSMOD USER !user! -desc Disabled -disabled yes @echo. ) endlocal What I would like to do is have the -desc...

averaging from one sheet to another
I am trying to compile library statistics. Whenever I give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the students to fill out. They choose a numerical value (1-5) to describe their proficiency in several different areas. I need to have a form where I input the data so that the data is automatically averaged with all the other data from all the other students. I suppose the average of all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's data was added to the pool of all the students' data. Does this make ...

pull mail from another server
We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox? Thanks Download mail to Personal Folders Outlook using POP3, then create new mail profile on client with Exchange option and open those Personal Folders. Paul wrote: > We are in the process of migrating from a Linux Postfix server to an > exchange 2003 server. Is it possiable to have individual exchange user > accounts pull mail from there coorsponding postfix mailbox? > > ...

Exporting Outlook mail to another machine to synch email
Outlook 2003 Assume ComputerOne and ComputerTwo use the identical mail server. I want to synch the email on both machines. Say I delete all the email on ComputerTwo. I export Outlook mail from ComputerOne and import it into Computer2. After the import, ComputerTwo email should be in synch with ComputerOne. However, when ComputerTwo goes to the mail server, it downloads duplicates of what is already there. Outlook does not seem to recognize that it already has a given email from the mail server. Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being downloaded? Thanks Don't use export ...

How do I create a formula that calculates shipping costs?
I would kike to calculate shipping costs before I receive the invoice from the supplier. The costs are based on destination and weight of the shipment. For example, I may have one shipment to Austria weighing 2.5 kilos, and another weighing 25 kilos. The rates are calculated in increments of half kilos up to 5 kilos, then after that I have a basic charge of 5 kilos plus a reduced 0.5 kilo rate. Can anyone help? Thanks Hi Mark With Weight of Item in A1 Price per standard 0.5 kilo in B1 5 Kilo price in B2 Reduced 0.5 kilo price in B3 =IF(A1>5,B2+INT(ROUNDUP((A1/0.5),0))*B3, INT(ROUN...

Sum dependant on '1' value in another column
Hi, Let's say I have a '1' or nothing in column 'L' and a time in seconds in column 'B'. The '1' means the time is a legitimate one. Can I do a sum of all the 'legitimate' times in column 'B' based on whether there is a corresponding '1' in column 'L'? Is there a formula that will allow me to do that? Sorry for the ignorance of the question but it is late and I am struggling to make this spreadsheet work for me. Thanks in advance, Dave Hi DL, Look at the SUMIF function in Excel help. Try: =SUMIF(L1:L10...

Creating a brand new Lookup Attribute
I have successfully created a new Attribute of type Lookup and linked it up to the Case entity. (by fiddling the metadata) It appears in the Deployment mgr fine, and can also be added to the Case form. The Case form will render properly in preview mode, but obviously when you click the field, it cannot actually perform the lookup operation. What must I implement in order to get lookup working properly? I have seen the wwwroot/_controls/lookup dir and assume something must be done there, but what exactly? TIA, Manfred Suttorp Hi, Meranti, You have to PUBLISH new customization through Mic...

how do i create a repeating student certificate using excel
i have a database of my class and i want to make a repeating student certificate using excel is their any way to do this in a simple way ?? > i have a database of my class and i want to make a repeating student > certificate using excel I'd use MS-Word's mail merge feature. For details, look in Word's built-in Help for "mail merge." Design your form in a separate sheet. In the Cell where the Name goes Use Data Validation and choose list and reference the range for the names. You can select the first name and Print off the certificate then sel...

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

Moving Data to Another Worksheet
Is it possible to have the data in a cell on one worksheet automatically copy itself to another worksheet in the same document? For example, if I have seperate worksheets for each week in a month listing income for each day of that week, and the total income for that week tallied up...can the cell containing the sum for that week be automatically copied to a seperate worksheet where the weekly totals are being compared to each other? That way if I change a daily amount, it will not only update the total for that week on the weekly worksheet...but also update the weekly total on the m...

Creating a table and relationship for counseling notes question
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to do something. I'm creating a database to track our counselor's activites with clients (I work for a non-profit organization). I'm creating one table with Client information (ID field - primary key, Name, address, counselor assigned, reason for meeting) and one table for a Client ID field, date/time field, and Counselor notes field(memo field). And I have created a relationship between them with the ID field. Does that sound right? Here's where I'm stumped. What I would like is to create a unique record for each client, an...

create a secondary dpm server for tape library and SAN
Hi, I have a DPM server with no tape library functions. It is currently being setup with a direct attached storage. Data are all being backed up there. I would like to setup another DPM server, as secondary, with a tape library and with SAN environment. There are protection groups being configured on the current DPM server. I cant seem to find anywhere on how to setup and configure the data, from primary server, to be transferred to the secondary DPM server and write to tape. Please help... Hi, Can you please go thorugh the following article on technet: http://techn...

Using drop-down lists with keyboard
I am having trouble implementing drop-down lists in a way that is easy for a user who is using a keyboard rather than a mouse. Standard combo-box controls are great - a user can tab into the field, type the first few letters of the value they want, then tab on out to the next field in the form. Maybe 5% of the time an experienced user might need to actually drop-down the list to find the value they want. I want this same ability in a worksheet cell. The combobox form control supports this (with MatchEntry = fmMatchEntryComplete), but if I place a combobox on a cell, the user has to click o...

Drag & Drop text
Hello, Implementing drag & drop in C# seems pretty easy. However, in attempting to do so I ran into an issue that I don't understand. I found that I could drag & drop icons but when I tried to drag & drop text it would always display the red circle with the bar through it, so I would never even get to the point of being allowed to drop it. As first I thought it was something wrong in my code (which it may still be), but when I tried to drag & drop text between two 3rd party text editor applications like Wordpad and UltraEdit, it wouldn't let me do th...

changes to the queue list
In CRM you can make changes to a lot of views except the queue list view?? Is there a workaround? regards, Louis Louis, Queues are not a customizable entity so you can't modify the columns. - Marc "Louis" wrote: > In CRM you can make changes to a lot of views except the queue list view?? > > Is there a workaround? > > > regards, > Louis > Hi Louis, Actually you can edit the queue views. You'll just have to type in the correct URL directly in IE. You will first have to retrieve the right GUID from the SavedQuery table in the CRM databa...

how do i get a post listed online?
I sent one yesterday 17th In Australia and I dont see it yet? Do I have to register or list something? regards Cornelis There is typically a five minute delay. This one is online. So perhaps you didn't do something right. "Cornelis Van Eldik" <cpasrf@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:eW5%23$m8lKHA.1824@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I sent one yesterday 17th In Australia and I dont see it yet? > Do I have to register or list something? > regards > Cornelis > Here's your entire posting history (3 threads, none of which contain ...

Rationalise another formula
Hi all, Could anyone suggest a way to rationalise this formla: =IF(AT3="",IF(AQ3="","",(IF(AR3="?","",(IF(AR3="OFF LICENSE","",((IF(AR3="RECALLED","",AM3+(AR3*30))))))))),"") Or point me in a direction I should be looking Thanks in advance -- Steve I don't deserve this award, but I have arthritis and I don't deserve that either. - Jack Benny What's the problem? Is it not working? What do you want "rationalised"? Regards, Fred "Steve"...

Lookup closest number in list
Hi I have a list of numbers in column "B" and I also have a number in cell A1. I want to get the closest number in column B to the value in A1 using a formula, is this possible? Thanks for your help. Use VLOOKUP. For example, if your list in Column B is in B1:B5: =VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$B$5,1,1) tj "Jeff" wrote: > Hi > > I have a list of numbers in column "B" and I also have a number in cell A1. > > I want to get the closest number in column B to the value in A1 using a > formula, > is this possible? > > Thanks for your help. H...