How to create an expandable menu on the left of the sheet?

Hi

I saw a template with an expandable menu on the left of the sheet. This way
I don't need to create multiple sheets - just extend or collapse a content,
like in MS Windows Explorer folders.

Thanks
0
pacific (5)

See the help file for "Outline"

"pacific" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I saw a template with an expandable menu on the left of the sheet. This way
> I don't need to create multiple sheets - just extend or collapse a content,
> like in MS Windows Explorer folders.
>
> Thanks
0
RayA (96)
10/3/2005 5:31:12 PM
Thanks a lot.

"Ray A" wrote:

> See the help file for "Outline"
>

> "pacific" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I saw a template with an expandable menu on the left of the sheet. This way
> > I don't need to create multiple sheets - just extend or collapse a content,
> > like in MS Windows Explorer folders.
> >
> > Thanks
0
pacific (5)

how do I create 2 histograms
How do I create 2 histograms in excel Jon Peltier has instructions for creating histograms: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html Nina wrote: > How do I create 2 histograms in excel -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

how do i create an association in folders option control panel to.
i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders option control panel. ) new user. how do i do this please?? Hello alibob15, you wrote on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:59:03 -0700: > i am trying to view an email attachment, also print same. each time i click > to see the attachment i get a message saying: (file does not have program > associated with it to perform this action , create an association in folders ...

Excel Sheet Limits
Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in a single workbook if so what is it? Is it only limited to the amount of memory I have or the size of the disk drive or is there a physical limit. Michael, yes the Maximum number of sheets in a workbook is Limited by available memory, for other limits have a look in help under specifications -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by e...

Creating html emails, with pictures like a newletter
I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send as an email? Is there a better way to do classy emails just book new zealand <justbooknewzealand@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want ot mail customers with newsletter emails. They will include a > picture or two as well, is publisher the program to use and then send > as an email? No. > Is there a better way to do classy emails Yes. I'm not sure of specific application names (besides the usual e...

How do I save macro so it's there for all Excel sheets?
We export and print different reports each day, and I want the same macro to run for each daily report. But when I open a new report (saved in the same folder as the other reports) the macro is gone. How do I get the macro to show up on each Excel report? Put it in your personal.xls file. http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=18 ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Save a macro in Excel" <Save a macro in Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFF29352-63C8-40C5-BFB2-AF0F1AA767D5@microsoft.com... > We expor...

create an upper and lower control limit in Excel 2003?
How do I create an upper and lower control limit in Excel 2003? Jon has lots of examples at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLineHorzErrBar.html best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Gayle" <Gayle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A666F42-8955-4099-90CC-422FFB05C973@microsoft.com... > How do I create an upper and lower control limit in Excel 2003? ...

How to create a CRMActivityAttachment with a file attached
Hi, i want to know if its possible create a CRMActivityAttachment with a file attached. I had note that the data that is inserted in the CRM Data Base goes to an table that have the name ActivityMimeAttachment. In that table there are three columns that have the following names, FileSize, Mymetype and FileName, i had try to put that values in that table, however when i try to save the attach in the CRM, nothing happens, i've suppose that's because i don't have explicite the location of the file. Other doubt is when i create an note in crm with an attachment, where goes the ...

Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet
Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet I have an Excel sheet with the following: -1 header row with the column names. -5 individual rows of unique numerical data underneath. How can I create 5 separate pie charts each using a separate row and the header row without going through the chart wizard for each separate row? Needless to say, I have about 75 rows in the actual example. Any suggestions? Once you have set up one pie chart, you can select this chart by clicking on it (you should see small black squares in the corners and midpoints of the chart area) then you can click <cop...

Create summary tab of last entry/row on all tabs in workbook
I am tracking projects in a workbook. I have a tab/worksheet for each project. For a weekly status meeting I create a spreadsheet that has the last entry/row from each tab. Is there a way to program so I do not have to copy/paste from each tab each week? I do add and delete tabs/projects from time to time. PS- not very adept at the technical details so need to respond to me in simple terms : ) You might want to submit your question to an Excel NG since I don't see anything in your question regarding MS Access. IMHO, I would move the workbooks to an Access database rather than...

FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages #5
FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b35ccb9-c35e-45cb-bb5c-487d8f80e71b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplai...

Problem with ".Visible" sheet property
When someone initially opens a workbook, the "Workbook_Open" subroutine is immediately executed. Here are the first few lines of the Workbook_Open() subroutine: Sheet15.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet16.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet17.Visible = xlVeryHidden Sheet18.Visible = xlVeryHidden This code is executed just to ensure that sheets 15 through 18 are always hidden, even if the sheets are already hidden. So far, this code has never failed or ever caused any problems at all.....until NOW! One of my users seems to have accidentally created a situation where the abov...

create a master worksheet template
Is there a way to create a "master" worksheet in excel that will flow all changes in it to it's copies? Thanks Derek ...

How to create menu dynamically....?
hi! I m creating menu dynamically... n deleting the menu already provided by the default SDI form.. But that is giving me asseration fail error. I m sending code of the program to create menu dynamically.... ///All this i m writing in ....... FrameWnd derived class...OnCreate() method/. CMenu m_mnuTopLevel,m_mnuChildMenu; //Creating Menu m_mnuChildMenu.CreateMenu(); m_mnuTopLevel.CreateMenu (); //Menu style of the Top-level menu BOOL bRet = m_mnuTopLevel.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,900,"&Draw"); bRet = m_mnuTopLevel.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,800,"&About"); //Men...

Applying one code block to the sheet that calls it
Some of you may recall my various questions re: unhiding columns & rows. Now that I have a code that works on Worksheets("PayPeriod_01"), I'd like to have the code respond to each of several sheets. For the purposes of our 2 week pay period, there would be 26 or so pay periods. Rather than have to copy the code 25 times, and doing a search / replace to change the sheet number, is there a way of having the one code block be called by a copy of the button, but use a variable on the sheet ( 01 , 02, 03, ... 25, 26 ) to ... 1) change the sheet name ( PayPeriod_01 , PayPeriod_...

Can I create an RSS feed with Publisher 2003 input?
I have a church newsletter in MS Publisher we want to publish on the Internet. Is there a way to directly output RSS content from Publisher. A google search doesn't turn up any answers. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:36:15 +0000, Richard wrote (in article <101C96ED-DCCF-4066-90AE-9E241D2C2971@microsoft.com>): > I have a church newsletter in MS Publisher we want to publish on the > Internet. Is there a way to directly output RSS content from Publisher. A > google search doesn't turn up any answers. > Thanks! That's because the answer is "no". ...

physical count sheet shows wrong departments and catagories
I am using rms version 1.2. When I try to produce an physical inventory count sheet using the filter, the departments and categories are mixed up. I set the filter as inactive= no and category name= (category). Some of the filters show completely blank and other categories show products that are in totally different departments and categories. However if I look at the product properties they all have the correct departments and properties. What is going on and how do you fix this??? ...

Can I created a New Doc Type in GP 9.0
How can I create a New Doc Type in GP 9.0? or If it is possible for this to be done. I want to be able to create a new doc type for AP, POP and AR. Thank you, On Aug 25, 8:40=A0pm, KBNYNY <u...@msgroups.net/> wrote: > How can I create a New Doc Type in GP 9.0? or If it is possible for this = to be done. =A0I want to be able to create a new doc type for AP, POP and A= R. > > Thank you, No, there are no settings in GP to add/update document types. You might able to do with dexterity customization. ...

create invoices
I am trying to create a billing system for my business. I need to create invoices so that I do not have to keep putting the information in custom. name, add. etc. Also have the invoice numbers automatically go to the next number. I cannot fing any information as to how to do all of this. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative. For invoice numbers, take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html In article <5782907F-6E98-4E60-A451-177FE699DDA6@microsoft.com>, Missie <Missie@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

get handle (or CMenu*) to the Main Menu?
I've just been asked to take the reigns of an older MFC/Dialog App. I'm not an MFC expert so this may be simple to some people. I need to disable certain menu items in various sub menus of the main menu. For example, I'd like to disable the "Print" menu item in the File sub menu. I checked MSDN and found some various example and info, but I can't get my code to work. Here is the code I'm trying: <code> CMenu* pMenu = GetMenu(); ASSERT(pMenu && ::IsMenu(pMenu->m_hMenu)); CMenu* pSubMenu = pMenu->GetSubMenu(0); ASSERT(pSubM...

Search for values between two sheets
Hi again I think I've confused everyone with the previous thread. Is it at all possible to do something like a VLOOKUP or anythin similar to search between sheets/ workbooks I appreciate any help you can give guys Joe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Joey I gave you one answer for two sheets. If you have several this becomes more complicated. What do you want to return? - text values - numbers For the latter one there could be a solution using SUMPRODUCT, etc. So you may explain this with a little bit more detail :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Create Addin for Excel 2007 template
I have an Excel template that I already customized all the Ribbon's controls such as disabling SaveAs, Print, etc. I'm looking for a way that I can create and integrate an Addin into Excel such that whenever I open up a excel workbook, it will load up the workbook into my template. Can you please point me where I can get further instructions on that? Thanks and appreciate for your help. ...

Comments/suggestions on creating a Training RBS?
Has anyone any experience with creating a Training RBS on a production MS Project Server instance? My concept/hope is that I could expose students to the production configuration yet create project plans and capture labor which would be viewed and reported as training only. I would assign the students to the Training RBS and subsequently move them into their actual production RBS. I am hoping to avoid creating a separate "training" server by this approach yet allow me to filter out the Training projects and timesheet entries created during training sessions from "re...

Automatically Initialize a Field when a New Task is Created?
I would like outlook to automatically assign a "Case Number" to all my tasks when they are created. Logically, I want the numbers to begin at a certain number and then increase by one every time a new task is created (accumulator). Can Outlook 2003 handle this? Is this possible? Thanks. --Rick Yes, that would be possible with code behind a custom task form. If you = need a sequential number, not just a unique number, here are some = methods you can use: 3) Use an autonumber table in SQL Server or Microsoft Access. (In my = book, Listing 23.7 with Listing 23.4 or 23.3 to open the...

Using IF statement with sheets
I have several sheets named with the date such as 4.8 up to 5.8. On each sheet have rows of data with calculations for percentages of trying to determine if the row of data is at 3%. I created a tab called Summary. I am manually inputting the row of data that is above 3% by going to each tab(sheet) and doing a filter and looking at the bottom left hand corner of the screen that displays the number of rows above 3% in the filter. Then I input that number on the Summary sheet. Example: Summary Sheet row 2 col a 4.8 and col b 100 row 3 col a 4.9 and col b 50 What I'm trying to do is th...

How do I create dynamic graphs?
Do you know if there is a way to make an Excel chart dynamic so a user can analyze information graphically? For example, create a pie chart, then click on a slice, which then renders additional slices based on the “children” of the original (aka “Parent”) slice? You could set up chart events, such that clicking on a point activates another chart. Here's an example, using chart sheets (embedded charts require a class module and a longer explanation). Data for Chart 1: a 3 b 4 c 5 Make three more charts on chart sheets, and name them 'a', 'b', and 'c' (to ...