how to create a multiple conditional formula

I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example);
IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1)  AND  IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two
expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody
who can help me? Thank you in advance.

Ad Buijs
0
Buijs (2)

=B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0))

"Ad Buijs" wrote:

> I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example);
> IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1)  AND  IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two
> expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody
> who can help me? Thank you in advance.
>
> Ad Buijs
0
DukeCarey (494)
4/20/2005 8:19:02 PM
 IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1))

"Ad Buijs" wrote:

> I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example);
> IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1)  AND  IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two
> expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody
> who can help me? Thank you in advance.
>
> Ad Buijs
If I am understanding your correctly, the following nested IF function should
work:

=IF(A1="K", B1+(B1*C10), IF(A1="N", B1+(B1*C11), B1))

This translates to the following: "If A1 is equal to K then evaluate and
display the result of B1+(B1*C10); otherwise check if A1 is equal to N then
evaluate and display the result of B1+(B1*C11); otherwise evaluate and
display the result of B1.

In this case, A1 equals neither K nor N, the value of B1 is displayed, which
seems to be what you outlined in your post.

I hope that this helps.

"Ad Buijs" wrote:

> I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example);
> IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1)  AND  IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two
> expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody
> who can help me? Thank you in advance.
>
> Ad Buijs
0
Kevin105 (377)

How to create a partition on an external USB drive?
Toshiba Tablet XP Home/Student with plenty of memory. I have the program DriveImage XML. At one point it says to create a partition somewhere for the image it's going to create. I have a 40G external plug and play HD. I'd like to create a partition on it without disturbing other files and folders I have on it. There's plenty of free space. Various resources say use XP Disk Management to create that partition. So when I go there it appears as they say but when they say click on the free space choose the selection "Create new partiton." I have right clicked ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

Copy field data to multiple places

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

How to create a connection point in Excel
When I group autoshapes the group itself does not have connection points. A connector connects to one of the grouped shapes instead. So, the connector beginconnecedshape (or endconnectedshape) property contains the name of the contained shape and not the name of the group. Is there a way to create connection points for a group? Alternatively, is it possible to change a group into a single shape with connection points? ...

simple countif formula
Column B in my spreadsheet consists of 10 rows with one letter in each cell. I would like a formula to count cells B1,B3,B5,B7 and B9 only if the value in each of those cells is "H". I have tried a simple formula like this =countif(B1,B3,B5,B7,B9,"H") but it does not work. Thanks for your help with this formula. -- Brian Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(B1:B9),2)=1),--(B1:B9="H")) HTH Bob "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F4B5C54-D6DC-47E5-A198-5AD7FE281C5E@microsoft.com... > Column B in ...

OR formula, ?????
I have Worksheet A containing a list of data: Red, Yellow, Orange, Purple which is defined in NAME MANAGER as COLOR Worksheet B on CELL A1, is user input data A2 has the following formula =OR(A1=COLOR) User input : Red = FALSE Yellow = FALSE Orange = True Purple = FALSE The OR formula should produce TRUE value on the cell for all input that is true. However, it is not the case. Where is the formula wrong? Try this instead: =3DISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,COLOR,0)) Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 24, 12:19=A0am, a...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

Creating Control Grid
Hi all, I would like to know as to how I should go about creating a control grid of my very own. I just need a bit of push (suggestions). Thanks In Advance Where are you getting stuck? Of course, if the grid isn't too large and most of the cells will have data, then you could simply use a two-dimensional array. For larger grids that will be sparsley populated, there are a couple of algorithms to consider. A simple one is to create a one-dimensional array that represents the rows (or columns), and have each item contain or reference a linked list for all items in that row (complete...

Formula #27
How do I enter a formula to calculate a 7% sales tax? If A1 holds the pre-tax price then =A1*7% will compute the sales tax while =A1*1.7 will compute the price_with_tax-included. Now all this is mathematically correct but we work in dollars and cents (or pound and pennies etc.), so we need to do some rounding to the nearest cent sales tax: =ROUND(A1*7%,2) price-with-tax =ROUND(A1*1.07,2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "MissM07" <MissM07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344FF6D4-...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

Advanced Formula troubles
I need to do the following calculation: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14) but only when: ((1-((1-AE5)*10))*V14)>=0 or <=V14*1.5 If greater than or = to V14*1.5 then =V14*1.5 And if less than or = 0 then =0 Replace CALC with your calculation =IF(AND(CALC>=0,CALC<=v14*1.5),CALC,IF(CALC<0,0,CALC)) Your last statement is confusing. "And if less than or = 0 then =0"...equal to zero is mentioned in the 1st condition..So this should be 'less than' . -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Eves" wrote: > I need to do the following calculati...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Multiple entries in CRM Contacts when viewed from Outlook
Hi everyone, We have an odd problem going on here with this. When we create a new E-mail in Outlook, select the To button and the CRM Contacts, it brings up the list of contacts from CRM that we can select from. All good so far. The problem is that each contact appears several times and it's different for different users. For example, every contact appears 6 times for me. It makes for a very long list. All of them are valid and any one of those 6 can be selected and the address will be correct and it will track against the correct contact. Other users have anywhere from the correc...

eConnect or Web Servies to create RMTransaciton?
Hello, I am new to GP 9.0 development using web services and eConnect. Can someone help me decide which technique I can use to do the following: In GP 9.0, if I go to: Transactions-->Sales-->Transaction Entry brings up the Receivables Transaction Entry screen, where I can fill in a number, batchid, customerid, and some sales figures, etc. I am using .NET and can use the eConnect API to create a taRMTransaction to submit using eConnect. And it works fine, the transaction creates in GP. Can I perform the same thing with any of the web methods available via the GP 9 web services? I ca...

=Sheet!A1 formula alternative
I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 contains text data from A1:A200 but not in consecutive order (for example): Sheet1 A 1 textone 2 texttwo 3 4 textmisc 5 6 textother I need Sheet2!B1:B50 to grab all the data from Sheet1!A1:A200 and list them in the order that they were entered in Sheet1 as shown below: Sheet1 Sheet 2 A B 1 textone 1 textone 2 texttwo 2 texttwo 3 3 textmisc 4 textmisc ...

formula help #42
What formula would I use to search down a column find a name and report the number in the next column, this would be multiple times, the numbers to be added together. The added number reported then to be multiplied by another number and then to be subtracted from another fixed number in a specific cell. Thanks in advance Jason You can sum the corresponding cells matched without having a dedicated column of numbers. =SUMIF(A1:A100,"Name",B1:B100) =(SUMIF(A1:A100,"Name",B1:B100)*AnotherNumber)-SpecificCell HTH, Paul -- "Boenerge" <Boenerge@discussions...

Excluding multiple checking accounts from budget totals?
Howdy! Running Money06, and I have two checking accounts synching through Bank of America. Everything there is working well, but one thing that I dont like is that the totals for BOTH accounts are added together. I have two accounts, 'personal' and 'class', and both accounts are shown in the net balance statements, the 'spending by catagory' chart on the home page etc. I would like to keep synched with my class account, but want it excluded from all of the balances.. any suggestions? "Raichean" <Raichean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Suggestions on how to create a database that will allow lookup of nonunique addresses for unique names
Hello: I am relatively new to access, though vaguely familiar with database concepts and Access jargon (i.e., queries). I need to do the following (see below) and I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best way (at a high level) to do this in Access. I have a large list of names and addresses thrown into a single flat table. There are many duplicates in the file. Somehow, I need to separate duplicate addresses from the file and place them in another table so that I can link the list of unique names to the addresses (i.e., a one to many relationship). My end users will be using the d...

Multiple recipients for one address
Total newbie question. I work for a company with a dedicated service department. I need for up to 5 people to be able to get a copy of a message that comes in to the address "servcie@ourdomain.com". I tried adding this address to each of the users, but I can't give one address to multiple users. I don't want to create a "Service" user and have them check that account. I just want the emails to be routed from the service@ address to each users' inbox. Total newbie, so detailed answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Create a mail-enabled Grou...